The Fast Food Thread

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I've heard the same complaints about the butterfinger shake, when I tell them to try the salted caramel they say it's much better.

Their sides are definitely better than the burgers, the smash fries blew my fucking mind, I guess I'll have to try the rings now.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah smash burger is alright but not really worth it. would rather have a double from five guys for around the same price.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
I'm going full carb screw you mode today. Meijer sells this big chunk of bread for a buck I used to love to eat.Going to get that with some whipped honey butter and some mac and cheese and F da policia.
Freeeeeeeeeeedom

• 1Like

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
I'm going full carb screw you mode today. Meijer sells this big chunk of bread for a buck I used to love to eat.Going to get that with some whipped honey butter and some mac and cheese and F da policia.
Freeeeeeeeeeedom
I may have just had a foodgasm at the thought of honey butter on bread...holy crap that sounds good.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Freeeeeeeeeeedom
Treat yo self

Oldbased

> Than U
Never made it for my $1 loaf of bread. Noticed my Family Video had a Marco's Pizza in it and I had never tried them.
We got cheezy sticks, 10 baked plain wings and a meat pizza. Should last me all weekend.
Damn that shit blows away Domino/Pizza Hut/Papa Johns. Was impressed.
My arteries may clog up and I die but it was some good stuff!
Ours is in a Family Video building so you get a free rental anytime you want up till 7 days later in addition.
I especially liked they open the boxes and verify the order is correct and it looks good before letting you leave.

McCheese

Never made it for my $1 loaf of bread. Noticed my Family Video had a Marco's Pizza in it and I had never tried them.
We got cheezy sticks, 10 baked plain wings and a meat pizza. Should last me all weekend.
Damn that shit blows away Domino/Pizza Hut/Papa Johns. Was impressed.
My arteries may clog up and I die but it was some good stuff!
Ours is in a Family Video building so you get a free rental anytime you want up till 7 days later in addition.
I especially liked they open the boxes and verify the order is correct and it looks good before letting you leave.

Family Video? Free rentals? $1 loaf of bread? I feel like this post was somehow transported here from the 1990s.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

McCheese

New arrivals in my grocery store today:

797fa143-ab72-4bd6-be9c-0e6bed652a9c_1.beb4b589189ed9106762d80a5293c8f2.jpe

They're nice and crispy, but they could use a bit more Doritos dust flavoring in the crust. The filling is pretty good, but they certainly don't ooze cheese like in the picture. All in all, I will be buying them again.
797fa143-ab72-4bd6-be9c-0e6bed652a9c_1.beb4b589189ed9106762d80a5293c8f2.jpeg

This kind of makes up for the removal of the Hot Pocket Food Truck Bites.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

McCheese

Also these bad boys:

maxresdefault.jpg

Picked up a bunch of boxes cause they were 2 for 3 dollars. Haven't made them yet, but now I have something to look forward to this week. Velveeta is the best kind of cheese, so I'm anticipating them to be delicious.

• 1Like

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I can probably get down with the ones on the (my) left. The ones on the right look like drippy garbage.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Visiting Cleveland for 2 weeks, and noticed there is a Steak and Shake down the street. Never been, is anything there recommended?

Also tried B-spot, some famous Chef's burger restaurant. Was pretty good, except despite the burger being loaded up with corned beef and other things, all I could taste was beef. Was an odd experience.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Visiting Cleveland for 2 weeks, and noticed there is a Steak and Shake down the street. Never been, is anything there recommended?

Also tried B-spot, some famous Chef's burger restaurant. Was pretty good, except despite the burger being loaded up with corned beef and other things, all I could taste was beef. Was an odd experience.

I have fond memories of eating at Steak n' Shake after a long night of drinking in college. So, i'm not sure if that helps determine if it is good or not... I just know that place produced fun and longstanding memories, so that must mean it's good being that memorable many years later?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm

SnS is pretty decent. It is inexpensive and good for what you get. Basically a greasy burger and shoestring fries. Try the chili. Their chili is life changing. I always get a double steakburger platter w/ fries and chili. The shakes are alright but I've had better shakes elsewhere.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Also these bad boys:

View attachment 128424

Picked up a bunch of boxes cause they were 2 for 3 dollars. Haven't made them yet, but now I have something to look forward to this week. Velveeta is the best kind of cheese, so I'm anticipating them to be delicious.
The one on the right just looks like a hot Pocket filled with cheese. Not sure how awful that'll be