The Fast Food Thread

B-Biscuit

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Wow i need to get out more, my mind was just blown by the idea that Arby's not only makes gyros but has been doing so long enough to have time to improve it even.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Wow i need to get out more, my mind was just blown by the idea that Arby's not only makes gyros but has been doing so long enough to have time to improve it even.

They started last year I think. However they were just using their roast beef or their turkey with Greek seasoning and stuff.

B-Biscuit

They started last year I think. However they were just using their roast beef or their turkey with Greek seasoning and stuff.

That... doesn't sound all that great. I think I've been to Arby's once or twice in my life, closest one is an hour away.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Yeah Arby's is severely underrated nowadays. It's not the shitty roast beef slophouse of yore (although you can still get your big beef and cheddar slop on if you want).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

B-Biscuit

Arby's has picked up their game. Probably more than any of the fast food chains.

Alright, next time I'm near an Arby's I'm trying it, YOLO so eat GYROS! Also since they've been pushing out all the Arby's gamer pics I feel like Arby is someone I could eat with

• 2Like

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I have many a fond memory of gorging myself with 5 for $5 drenched in horsey and arby's sauce. Though it was more like 10 for $10.

Why has nobody mentioned this or did i miss it?

1024x557_MeatMountain_silo_tan.jpg

The biggest sandwich Arby’s has ever sold. Stacked ridiculously high with almost all the meats. Two chicken tenders, slices of roast turkey, pit-smoked ham, corned beef, 13-hour smoked brisket, USDA-choice Angus steak, roast beef, and pepper bacon. There’s also cheddar and swiss cheese somewhere in there.

• 2Like

B-Biscuit

I have many a fond memory of gorging myself with 5 for $5 drenched in horsey and arby's sauce. Though it was more like 10 for $10.

View attachment 128975

Is that the too much meat too much cheese sandwich? I feel like watching someome eat this sandwich would tell you everything you need to know about them

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

View attachment 128975

That's the Meat Mountain. It's a "secret menu" item. Basically it's every meat they serve on a bun. It's actually pretty good with some Horsey and Arby sauce. Otherwise it's kind of a dry sandwich.

• 1Like

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
That's the Meat Mountain. It's a "secret menu" item. Basically it's every meat they serve on a bun. It's actually pretty good with some Horsey and Arby sauce. Otherwise it's kind of a dry sandwich.
Its just a normal menu item now, or at least they are doing it as a limited time thing. We had Arby's at work today and I saw this on the menu, but it just seemed like itd be a chore to eat. Glad I went with the french dip though, because the au jus was A+ today.

• 1Like

Feien

Ploppers
Haven't been to Arby's in nearly a decade. I'll have to break that run tomorrow, what should I be getting?

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I generally try whatever special they have going. If you want to stick to the regular menu, I'm partial to the buffalo chicken sliders.

• 1Solidarity

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
They got rid of them a few years back, they did bring them back like a year ago as a promo but I haven't seen them since.

B-Biscuit

That just seems like something people wouldn't question, it's just on the menu. They have a MEAT MOUNTAIN but not an Italian sandwich? Maybe it's cuz I'm so far away from fast food it makes it hard to understand...

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
The Strawberry Starburst one is back here and it's delicious.

I tried that flavor on purpose yesterday, and it is in fact 10000% better than the blue one.

Re: Arby's
I tired a gyro there a couple times a few months ago, and it didn't compare very well to the local gyro place. How recently did they upgrade them? Wondering if I should give the Arby's gyros another try, because I don't always have enough time to drive halfway across town to the local gyro place.

• 1Like