The Fast Food Thread

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Highly doubt Arby's will ever compare to an actual gyro joint.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, even making that comparison is sort of ridiculous. We judge things by fast food standards in this thread.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I think Arby's does a good job with anything that involves bacon. All of the promo items I've had there that featured bacon were delicious. I know some people here disagreed, but I still think there brown sugar bacon sandwiches were some of the best fast food items ever.

I should add that I pretty much only go to one Arby's location, so maybe I'm just lucky to get a bunch of superstars working there. At least, they're all Chick-fil-a calibre (and color).

• 1Solidarity

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, even making that comparison is sort of ridiculous. We judge things by fast food standards in this thread.

The local place has a drive through (and like 4 tables inside) and used to be a Taco John's back in the '80s, so it's legit fast food. Plus, gyros, ffs.

What I'm really asking about is how the "new" Arby's recipe compares to the "old" recipe, or did I already try the "new" one a few months ago? I know they changed their brisket sandwich a while back too, but that one I think was better before. Now they're using brisket sliced as thin as deli meat, and it used to be a lot thicker and iirc still had a little bit of actual fat here and there. I'm not sure if Hank Hill would approve of that change...

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The local place has a drive through (and like 4 tables inside) and used to be a Taco John's back in the '80s, so it's legit fast food. Plus, gyros, ffs.

What I'm really asking about is how the "new" Arby's recipe compares to the "old" recipe, or did I already try the "new" one a few months ago? I know they changed their brisket sandwich a while back too, but that one I think was better before. Now they're using brisket sliced as thin as deli meat, and it used to be a lot thicker and iirc still had a little bit of actual fat here and there. I'm not sure if Hank Hill would approve of that change...

Yeah these are brand new like this week. The meat is almost like real gyro meat. Not just their sliced roast beef.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist

It's not about the speed of service. Shwarma, pizza by the slice joints, taquerias. All these could be considered fast food. The argument against Arby's in the instance of gyros is that none of the primary ingredients of a gyro are in their wheelhouse. Do any of their other menu items even use hummus, tzatziki, and that awesome spicy red sauce? That's way too many ingredients for a place to use when maybe only one menu item uses them. These are things a shwarma/gyro joint specializes in.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm still saying the Arby's steak 3 cheese (Star cut bun, not old Angus 3 cheese) is great by any standards

Oldbased

> Than U
I love Arby's. I could eat there every night if it wasn't for the damn sodium in everything they offer. It's bad levels like 2 of anything is 2000-5000mg sodium total.
That is a heart stopper for me.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Just had the "new" greek gyros. It's the exact same as their gyros from a few months ago. You guys are slipping.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Sad i didn't keep up with menus. Going to try in the last few days of the promotion to get this denali meat mountain at arbys. Same thing with free fish fillet added.

But i rarely go there so I'm going to have to try and eat the new gyro too as it's my favorite rare food around these parts.

I'm dubious the double reuben good even as my favorite sandwich for family restaurants. The Chicago dip looks interesting.

Apparently they have some oddball mtn see flavor too.

Thinking of trying the mint Shane to wash down the salt even if it's like 800 calories on its own. How is it? Forget consensus.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Spent a couple days in seattle around pikes place and ate a few things I'd recommend if you're in the area (images lifted from yelp cause i'm not a faggot who takes pictures of my food):

Piroshky Piroshky - holy shit these are good. No fucking around, just get the OG beef and onion. nom nom nom

o.jpg

Pikes Place Chowder - got the sampler and hands down, HANDS DOWN, the best chowder I've ever had was the sea scallops chowder. Holy shit it was nuts. The others we're also very good.

o.jpg

The Crumpet Shop -- super hipster sounding but they hand make their crumpets and you can order with a variety of sweat and savory toppings. Would definitely recommend getting one for a light pre game breakfast before you start taking down chowders and peroshkys.

o.jpg

If you want to drop a few bucks I'd recommend heartwood. No need for pictures but we got the raw oysters and beef tartar for starters, wife got the NY steak and I got the duck breast for dinner (she made the best pick by a long shot but we both wanted the steak and hate getting the same thing at nicer places so we can share / try more shit).

After dinner we got a plate of Jamon Iberico De Bellota (acorn fed dry cured ham) and some drinks. The Iberico was some of the best I've had, you could easily taste the acorn in the fat. Also, if you're a bourbon drinker I'd highly recommend the Good Medicine, one of the better mixed whiskey drinks I've had in a long time: Good Medicine. Toki Japanese Whisky, Sidetrack Shiso, Carpano Bianco, Turmeric

The shiso did fucking work in that thing.

Bonus: pikes place had some hippies pumping out fresh mini donuts. I think they got that type of shit all over but damn, walking around with a bag of those little fuckers popping them in your gullet is a wonderful thing.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I fucking love mini donuts. It's the main reason I go to the county fair every year.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
After dinner we got a plate of Jamon Iberico De Bellota (acorn fed dry cured ham) and some drinks. The Iberico was some of the best I've had, you could easily taste the acorn in the fat.

This stuff is so fucking good.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
After dinner we got a plate of Jamon Iberico De Bellota (acorn fed dry cured ham) and some drinks. The Iberico was some of the best I've had, you could easily taste the acorn in the fat. Also, if you're a bourbon drinker I'd highly recommend the Good Medicine, one of the better mixed whiskey drinks I've had in a long time: Good Medicine. Toki Japanese Whisky, Sidetrack Shiso, Carpano Bianco, Turmeric

The shiso did fucking work in that thing

The fuck is this shit

• 1Like

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Mandarin-Orange-Chicken.jpg

Got this at Costco the other day and they are fantastic. Give it 8/10. 2 points deducted because even though there is enough sauce to cover the chicken nicely, I want more.

• 1Like