The Fast Food Thread

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I went a bit off the rails yesterday and ate a metric fuck ton of junk food, and included in that was a 16-count of honey bbq boneless wings from Pizza Hut. It's been a year or more since I ordered them, but this is what they always used to look like:

View attachment 141323

However, when I got them, they were just plain breaded/fried wings with the bbq sauce in a container on the side. What the fuck is that? They can't even toss the fucking wings in the sauce now? Is this normal or is my local Pizza Hut just especially shitty? I was tempted to take a picture, but this was halfway through my binge and my phone was in another room so I said fuck it.

*Edit* Here is a stock picture from the internet that looks exactly like what I got:

View attachment 141324

How pathetic is that.
I'm late to this one, but that is not how it should look. I've gotten wings relatively recently from them and it looks like the top one, and they are really good for the price when you get a 50% off coupon.

Maybe yours didn't have a wing stop so they use shitty chicken? No idea, but that's not normal

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
What's the difference? What's a mcdouble? Not finding much on google
I noticed the otherday, it's no longer called McDouble, just double cheeseburger. But if I say McDouble, they won't question it or correct me. (By comparison, they corrected "junior mac" to "mac junior" everytime.)
The main difference is that the patties are smaller/thinner and it costs like 1.18.
thicker McD patties consistently get drier than the thinner ones. I've had it at all times of night, asked for fresh, etc, consistently worse.
I still fall for ordering it every now and then because of the picture.
To be fair. There is a high chance I order the double quarter, and thus the ratio may be off.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ricotta is a lousy pizza topping. It's the answer to the question, "What can I put on my pizza that has no flavor or texture?"

Really, do you prefer lasagna without ricotta? That's supertaster level nonsense right there.

It helps balance out strongly flavored things by mellowing out the total flavor (but it does have SOME flavor of its own). Ricotta + Basil + Sausage (sliced not crumbled preferable ideal being caseless sliced, but it's a rarity - PV's is one of the few of course though) is heavenly at a true NYC tier place.

And mind you, ricotta done properly pizzawise is done in dollops at random across the 'za - so there is a noteworthy texture and taste difference from a ricotta bite vs. not. I would probably agree if some weird place does the entire pizza with ricotta like it was stucco though.

• 1Quality Calories
  • 1Supertaster
Reactions: 1 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
thread is being overrun by supertasters, hipsters, and faggot zika-addle-brained floridians.

• 2Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
And mind you, ricotta done properly pizzawise is done in dollops at random across the 'za - so there is a noteworthy texture and taste difference from a ricotta bite vs. not.

I like when a pizza place does that with burrata.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I noticed the otherday, it's no longer called McDouble, just double cheeseburger. But if I say McDouble, they won't question it or correct me. (By comparison, they corrected "junior mac" to "mac junior" everytime.)
The main difference is that the patties are smaller/thinner and it costs like 1.18.
thicker McD patties consistently get drier than the thinner ones. I've had it at all times of night, asked for fresh, etc, consistently worse.
I still fall for ordering it every now and then because of the picture.
To be fair. There is a high chance I order the double quarter, and thus the ratio may be off.
McDoubles are different than double cheeseburgers. Double cheeseburgers have two slices of cheese, whereas McDoubles also have two patties but only one cheese slice. That cheese slice is a 20 cent difference here.

Last edited:

Xevy

Log Wizard
Ricotta is on my favorite pizza. Now it's totally possible they mix it with garlic and herbs before scooping out golfball sized dollops, but still, it's fucking amazing.

• 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
We have 4 subways in my town. We only have 2 each of Wendy's, BK, and McDonald's. Not only that but we have a Firehouse, 2 Jimmy John's, Quiznos, and a McAllisters. Subs must be pretty damn popular in my area.

Damn, I miss Quiznos. Mine shut down after their distribution stupidity. Best subs I've had with Penn Station and Firehouse coming in close.

Speaking of chik fil a, they're opening this month down the street. Pretty excited to try it

Oh just checked they already opened

They are top notch. New sandwich is just ok but you can't go wrong with the regular sandwich. Sometimes best food is easy food.

Last edited:
  • 1Quality Calories

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I always found Quizno's pretty overrated. It was good when they were the only decent sub place in town but there are so many chains out there which are far superior. It was also expensive as fuck.

• 1Supertaster

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I always found Quizno's pretty overrated. It was good when they were the only decent sub place in town but there are so many chains out there which are far superior. It was also expensive as fuck.

I probably haven't tried the superior options(or my memory is giving Quiznos props it doesn't deserve). It's been quite a while since they closed so definitely could be option 2.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The one thing that Quiznos does different is that toasting thing. Otherwise they are too expensive for what you get. Especially since their sub sizes seem to be shrinking.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Damn, I miss Quiznos. Mine shut down after their distribution stupidity. Best subs I've had with Penn Station and Firehouse coming in close.

Penn Station is great. Amazing fries. And they slather their bread in butter before toasting it.

• 2Like

trex

Queen Bee
I think if you don't use ricotta it's not even lasagna...it's like lasagna casserole or spaghetti cake. The texture is the best part of ricotta, especially against the noodles. My MIL actually makes something like that. Meat sauce, lasagna noodles and mozz. It's good, but it's not lasagna.

I got lettuce on my quarter pounder last night but ended up taking it off. It was leaf lettuce and was really warm and soggy. Like wilted spinach, which I also hate. Did get the xtra onions and liked it. I thought maybe next time (slash tonight) I'd try tomato. I really don't like veggies, but they're necessary on sandwhiches.

We have this new place in town called Heart Pizza and it's so hipster I can't even deal. They have some dumb thing about how everyone of the pizzas you buy, $1 is donated to charity. Aka we'll add on an extra buck and it's just like when you donate a dollar at the grocery store, but here you can't say no.

Why do hipsters put bacon on everything?

Menu if you care, it's small.

http://heartpizza.com/heart_menu_APRIL16_lam_2.pdf

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Roasted Bone Marrow as a pizza topping option. Fucking hipsters.

I don't even know what half of those toppings are