The Fast Food Thread

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I had a bad day and splurged at McDonalds, something I never do. I hate McDonalds, the burgers have the consistency of mud. I got a large fry, double quarter pounder, 2 double cheeseburgers, large soda. For the next 2 days I was having ass-plosions. Never again. NEVER.

kudos

<Banned>
Well, in this case, it's probably true. I couldn't even find Knowlton, Montana.

I'm not sure the price changes are going to affect me very much, I'm still going to order the same crap at McDonald's. Taco Bell though, it might. It all pretty much has the same stuff in it, just in different tortillas. Does anyone here eat the 'steak' at TB? I've never had it.
People I know swear by the steak at Taco Bell. I personally think it's the worst option. Their shredded chicken is amazing in my eyes. It's usually a toss up between shredded chicken or beef depending on what I choose.

Personal favorite addition is nacho cheese on double decker tacos.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I had a bad day and splurged at McDonalds, something I never do. I hate McDonalds, the burgers have the consistency of mud. I got a large fry, double quarter pounder, 2 double cheeseburgers, large soda. For the next 2 days I was having ass-plosions. Never again. NEVER.
rrr_img_48268.jpg

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you are going to splurge at McDonalds, at least do it with some variety.

Big Mac + Crispy Ranch Snack Wrap + Large Fry + Milkshake son.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I ordered a couple of burgers and a chicken sandwich from Jack in the Box the other night on my way home. The fries were meh, but what got me was the consistency of the burgers. The mouthfeel...I can hardly explain it. It was like chewing on a soft, kneadable eraser. Or maybe like chewing stiff dough. The buns and burger patties didn't even feel like actual bread and meat in my mouth.

McCheese

The buns and burger patties didn't even feel like actual bread and meat in my mouth.
That's most likely because they aren't actual bread and meat.

Loftish

Lord Nagafen Raider
Dunno where else to put this: My girlfriend and her roommates had some people over for Halloween yesterday. During the course of conversation, someone mentioned Big Macs, and a girl chimes in and asks, "What's a Big Mac". There was stunned silence in the room for about five seconds while everyone tried to figure out if she was joking. I proceeded to explain what a Big Mac was and she still claimed to have never heard of them.

This girl has lived in the US her whole life: normal, white middle class upbringing. How is this even possible? I don't care if you don't eat Fast Food/McDonalds, it's a part of America, damn it!

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Dunno where else to put this: My girlfriend and her roommates had some people over for Halloween yesterday. During the course of conversation, someone mentioned Big Macs, and a girl chimes in and asks, "What's a Big Mac". There was stunned silence in the room for about five seconds while everyone tried to figure out if she was joking. I proceeded to explain what a Big Mac was and she still claimed to have never heard of them.

This girl has lived in the US her whole life: normal, white middle class upbringing. How is this even possible? I don't care if you don't eat Fast Food/McDonalds, it's a part of America, damn it!
Home-schooled maybe?
The Big Mac turns 40, gets a museum

Indeed, the sandwich has become a veritable pop culture phenomenon, spawning everything from an impossible-to-forget jingle ("Two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame-seed bun," anyone?) to a currency-evaluation index created by The Economist.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I had a co-worker who is about 65 who never ate one in her life until a few months ago

McCheese

I can understand not ever having eaten a Big Mac, but not ever hearing about one? Holy shit. But maybe my view is skewed. Hell, my mom puts a Big Mac ornament on our Christmas tree that plays the old jingle when you press the button, so I've known that song by heart my whole life: "Two all beef patties special sauce lettuce cheese pickles onions on a sesame seed bun. You deserve a break today at McDonalds!"

Ah, I found it. I love this thing and I'll forever associate Christmas with Big Macs:

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Had McDonalds a few times as a kid, though I never had a microwave/frozen dinner until I moved out of my folks at 18. Spent 3 months eating only microwave crap to catch up.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
That's most likely because they aren't actual bread and meat.
I wasn't expecting a handmade patty made from fresh ground wagyu beef, but FFS I don't think I've ever had anything that felt that artificial. And even though most fast food is garbage, at least the rest of the fast food chains have managed to make that stuff taste and feelKINDof like the real thing. I mean, it was MRE levels of bad. And not today's MREs, but like the '80s/'90s MRE bad, where the Omelet with ham wasn't even solid egg half the time and you could just pour much of it right out of the bag.

I can understand not ever having eaten a Big Mac, but not ever hearing about one? Holy shit.But maybe my view is skewed.
Says the guy with the Mayor McCheese avatar!
tongue.png

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Every once in a while you will get a burger where the patty is gray. I don't know what does that, but it's revolting. Last one I had like that was at Burger King, although I feel like they are usually that color at White Castle.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Every once in a while you will get a burger where the patty is gray. I don't know what does that, but it's revolting. Last one I had like that was at Burger King, although I feel like they are usually that color at White Castle.
Burger King Steakhouse burgers are like that. Fucking awful. I bought two because I had a BOGO coupon once. I ate 1/4 of the first one and then threw both away.

Side note: McDoubles are only $1.19 here now. Very respectable. Also they added a bunch of new shit like a Buffalo Ranch McChicken and Bacon McDouble for $2.00 each.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Almost every time I've ever had a McDonald's burger there's been pieces of grizzle or something I almost break my teeth on.

McCheese

It is probably a bit of hyperbole, but I have found gristle in several things I've eaten at McDonalds. In fact, the reason I stopped eating Chicken McNuggets years and years ago was because I found some nasty gristle globule in one of my 20-piece nuggets and it just disgusted me to the point of never ordering them again.

Now, if you guys are talking about finding actualgrizzlein McDonalds food products, then I agree that it is highly unlikely.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My brother finds gristle in everything he eats.. burgers, fries, bread, soda.. it doesn't matter, he finds it. He promptly spits it straight out and onto the plate like a 2 year old does. Guy is fuckin weird.