The Fighting Game Community Thread

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Evo 2017 is going to be hype as FUCK with more casts added to the game. Plus maybe some balance changes after CapCup 2016.

I might finally go to Vegas for Evo next year.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Not as emotional as last year but still a very good top 8. Was fun to watch and Infiltration is of course awesome.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
All those Nash mirror matches made top 8 really bland, the only excitement was LI Joe & Fuudo
And even that felt forced. Fucks sake I just care about the match. Stop showing the fucking dad who we never saw once on stream prior to this. It was for ESPN, I get it. But the whole thing this year felt forced towards SFV, which frankly is a slow, methodical, boring game with Nash, Nash, and Nash. The fun characters to watch all have critical weaknesses, and the "fun" competitors wont play Nash, Ryu, etc... I knew Inflitration would win this weeks ago, I only posted it just before Top 8 that I'm not sure anyone in the know would bet against him.

It was boring. Just being honest, I've loved every single EVO and almost every game until this year.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Download Complete...

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70R79cKfsk0[/video]

THUGGERY

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Defend the North going on this weekend. And a cpt thing in Spain. Didn't watch much, but Queens won the team SFV dealy. Art can afford to eat for a week :p

Araxen

The reviews of Daigo's book on Amazon.

Image courtesy of /r/kappa:

e8bu5gxzvmdx.jpg

Araxen

If this is true it doesn't surprise me sadly....

Edit: lol nvm, he's like krone and is a legit ragequitter.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'm almost done reading a different book then i'm gonna grab the kindle version, i'd rather a physical copy but i'll never be at a tournament that sells em lol

Needless

Toe Sucker
i'll see if lap chi or another buddy can hold one for me when daigo goes to canada cup this year, i'm not flying to toronto for that shit though. F that

Needless

Toe Sucker
noice~
I can't stand how god awful online is or i'd push higher than super silver haha. Theres a few diamond/super plat players in Calgary, i have no idea how they tolerate that game

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The online play is indeed butt cancer. I still play once a week at a local LAN place with some homies, but I just cannot stand the online grind. Wait for 60-90s for matchmaking, loading, char select, loading again is another 90s, play a match for 30-90s, get declined the rematch, load again for 30s, matchmaking repeat. You spend more goddamn time waiting than you do actually playing, and that's not even getting in to latency issues once you do have a match.

Araxen

If we could ever have a banner for this thread I want it to be this. lol

Yeah, I saw it on /r/kappa and I find it awesome as hell.

Xv0gR5d.png