The Fighting Game Community Thread

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Du looking incredibly strong with both a guile and mika tourney win under his belt going into CPT, would love to see him take it.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea he straight dunked on Tokido with Guile. Maybe we finally get some USA hype for CPT.

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yep, he's really flowing right now and using Guile makes it even better. Also gotta give props to Redbull, very well done event.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
The last 3 tournaments (SCR, Canada Cup, Redbull) have all been very hype for me. People are starting to play better footsies/ counter pokes. Some people say the reduction down to 6.5 frames was the reason but I doubt it. I think it's just people getting use to the new game engine/animation/pacemore than anything else.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I watched the last few matches and enjoyed it a lot, Guile is nice, I used to kinda not like the char in previous games but his new additions in V makes him really fun to watch.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Capcom Cup 2016 Brackets:

oZFLj9i.png

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
View attachment 100270

Im honestly not sure Im ready for a fourth MvC if that's what that's pointing to, but it's doubtful it could be anything else. It's rumored to be revealed at the Playstation Experience next weekend. Guess we'll see.

Marvel vs. Capcom 4: Rise of the Reveal Rumors
We need Marvel 4 to bring back the HYPE. Fuck Smash. That needs to stay the fuck out of FGC. With Mahvel 4 hype and SF5 update, things can start being interesting again next season.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
More like MVC 2 (without infinite juggles ofc) pls.

Good: Marvel heroes/villians we've always wanted to play in a game

Bad: Weird Capcom characters

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The only (not only, only...but one of the main things) key to the whole Marvel 4 thing is if their deal works out to allow continuous patching and the game doesn't get left stale with known bugs and such. That didn't help the hype for MvC 3 at all.

Molten Core Raider
Sources: Marvel vs. Capcom 4 coming in 2017

Man, if what that story is reporting holds true this game will be very different from previous entries regarding characters. Supposedly the plan is to keep Marvel characters focused more on the current MCU and characters that Marvel directly owns. Dont expect to see any of the X-Men or related characters. No Wolverine, Storm, Phoenix (Im ok with this one...) or Magneto? Not sure how that will go over...

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Not even sure why you make the game if it has no wolverine/magneto/sentinel/doom/storm?

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Outside of Doom, felt like with MvC3 I always saw more Capcom characters anyway. Regardless don't think they could keep catering to the old MvC2 crowd forever with sent/storm/mag/wolv which seemed to be the staple of those vets meanwhile a lot of the new guys seemed to gravitate towards other characters. I just hope they learn the lesson of balance patches as MvC3 would still have plenty of life if it had gone through a couple so you could see more things like GR, Nemesis, Jill. Still not sure how I feel about X-factor still being a thing, maybe tone it down but at the same time it did create some good hype comebacks.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Not even sure why you make the game if it has no wolverine/magneto/sentinel/doom/storm?

Yeah, fantastic 4 being added to the game (pun intended / workable) would be cool. A throw back to partner specific double attacks or team triples would be kew too. I also miss the double final atomic buster from Zangief and the finishing blow flashing across the screen. Carnage would be another sweet addition, they had him in one of the games as a venom red reskin that took a shit load of extra damage (tore his ass up in 2 hyper combos multiple times lul) but had extra hits and shit on his moves.

mqdefault.jpg

Fond memories of my African American pals screaming around my 15 year old ass dunking people at the arcade machines.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Fantastic 4 won't be added in either. Marvel is pushing for only characters they have the rights too. They are trying to force FOX's hand to play ball like Sony did with Spiderman or just get the rights back. They are trying to devalue all those characters from both X-Men and Fantastic 4.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Can we just hope they don't ever bring the fantastic four back? They are terribly dated and need to be revamped badly. I'd expect to see Scarlet Witch, Vision, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and Ms. Marvel to be added with Nova switched over to Sam Alexander and Hulk probably be Amadeus. Course I can't even think of any new Capcom characters that have come out since MvC3, to much to hope for Grigori from Dragon's Dogma?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I guess having super skrull in 3 does kinda kill Fan4 being in any of these. He was pretty dope.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have a friend who works at Capcom. We were drinking and I blurted out, so you guys making Mahvel 4? He stuttered... Looked at me with shifty eyes and said I can't comment on that...

I hope he's not fucking with me.