The Fighting Game Community Thread

Molten Core Raider
I dunno what's in that Gfuel stuff that Yipes and Chris Matrix keep drinking while commentating, but I dont want anything to do with it...

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Weird tourney, Daigo getting eliminated by RayRay. I didn't get to see the match. ><

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Don't fucking play this on PC. Latest update includes a capcom.sys file that has no fucking security profile associated with it and requires UAC to run (kernel access, IE full system control), promptly disables DEP and starting passing whatever unknown garbage code Capcom wants (or doesn't want or even know about) directly to the thing.

Wonder if Steam will refund me over this shit.

Araxen

Don't fucking play this on PC. Latest update includes a capcom.sys file that has no fucking security profile associated with it and requires UAC to run (kernel access, IE full system control), promptly disables DEP and starting passing whatever unknown garbage code Capcom wants (or doesn't want or even know about) directly to the thing.

Wonder if Steam will refund me over this shit.

Yeah, I read that today and that's fucking ridiculous. They should have just used VAC.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Capcom is so insanely incompetent... the fact that they even thought of doing that is mind blowing to me.

Also... Urien can OTG super off a crush counter sweep or throw in the corner.... what the actual fuck?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'm pretty sure Japanese devs, not just Capcom, actually have no idea how computers really even work. Everything they do is mobile/console focused with maybe a shitty port to PC at some point that will be barely playable.

But yea this is the end of SF5 for me unless they remove this garbage.

Needless

Toe Sucker
They're rolling the "security" change back atm, so hopefully that shit will be cleansed soon, and the idiot who developed it is fired~

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Oh forgot I had this game.

Played a couple laggy online matches and banged my head on survival hard mode, think I got to like 41 or 42 with M. Bison. That sure helped me learn to cheese the AI but not so much as far as fighting other players.

Did win my online matches. I'm sure some patching will get this in ship shape.

Also thought about fuckin with MK after all the patches, unsure how laggy it be.

Araxen

I'm pretty sure Japanese devs, not just Capcom, actually have no idea how computers really even work. Everything they do is mobile/console focused with maybe a shitty port to PC at some point that will be barely playable.

But yea this is the end of SF5 for me unless they remove this garbage.

The funny thing is Sony another Japanese company has already tried the rootkit thing(though with CD music) and it blew up in their faces. You'd think Capcom would learn from Sony's mistake.

Last edited:

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
SEAM top 32 is EVO level competition. Too bad Daigo is too sick to participate. Six weeks of straight traveling will get to you.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Praise Lord Daigo. He defeated Demon Lord Infiltration to make it to top 8!

Also, Nuki is the EG slayer. He calls out to Momochi for the final coronation.

Shit I missed that. That's actually quite surprising. Daigo was looking kinda sketchy in pools. Though- that's pretty normal nowadays. Who was Infil playing? Nash?