The First Descendant

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Getting to lvl40 is irrelevant since you can just farm the Kingston Defense for that (also good for Mastery ranks).

Sterile Land Kuiper Blockade is my go to for xp and mastery so far, I've done Kingston but it takes too long to ramp up and you can't speed it up by splitting up and soloing like you can in Sterile Land.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Well, you have the people who played Warframe or Destiny a lot that shit on TFD a bit. Other than that, it seems most ppl are having a lot of fun, including me (cockblock Void Intercepts aside).

Monetization is complete ass though, cannot deny that.
That's the crux of the problem though. Warframe has arguably the best/most consumer friendly monetization of any online/GaaS type game. TFD copied basically everything from Warframe EXCEPT that. It's not just the actual cash shop either. I can't ever remember a Prime frame+weapon release that I didn't have all the intermediate components cooking by the end of day one. Here... yeah, good luck farming all the stuff for an ultimate in one session. My biggest complaint is still the cost of potatoes (~100x more expensive than Warframe) and forma (~40x more expensive than WF) though, with the utterly retarded color system being a fairty distant second.

Bigger issue for me is that I'm really noticing the repetition here a lot more. Not only is there a very small set of mission types that just repeat endlessly as you progress through the zones, even the void bosses use the same mechanics over and over and only the elements change. Hanged Man is about the only unique fight out of the bunch, but the downside is that its unique mechanic makes doing it with a PUG a real pain in the ass.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's the crux of the problem though. Warframe has arguably the best/most consumer friendly monetization of any online/GaaS type game. TFD copied basically everything from Warframe EXCEPT that. It's not just the actual cash shop either. I can't ever remember a Prime frame+weapon release that I didn't have all the intermediate components cooking by the end of day one. Here... yeah, good luck farming all the stuff for an ultimate in one session. My biggest complaint is still the cost of potatoes (~100x more expensive than Warframe) and forma (~40x more expensive than WF) though, with the utterly retarded color system being a fairty distant second.

Bigger issue for me is that I'm really noticing the repetition here a lot more. Not only is there a very small set of mission types that just repeat endlessly as you progress through the zones, even the void bosses use the same mechanics over and over and only the elements change. Hanged Man is about the only unique fight out of the bunch, but the downside is that its unique mechanic makes doing it with a PUG a real pain in the ass.
My experience with Warframe is very different than your own, as I played from its "beta" launch til a little after Nova was released. So to me, there isn't a huge difference.

I think farming up the capacity increasing item miiiiiight not be that bad, aside from actually getting to the zone you can farm most of it. Straight up buying it is retarded though, so bad that I almost think its an error (of course it isn't thoug, lol).

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
By weapon of same name - Im on hard mode and see a decent amount of people farming infiltrations, myself included. They need to do something about dungeon queue on hard mode. There is no social aspect to this game and idt they even have guilds atm. I tried to solo one and got to end boss but couldnt finish it due to the dumb floating orbs.
Lots of people complaining that there isn't any match-making in Hard mode at the moment. Apparently the thought was it requires so much coordination they don't want PUGs in the game at Hard Mode but also no guilds, etc, so unless you do a pre-made outside of the game, you are never going to play at that level, which is required to get Descendents/new characters.

I think this is just more of Nexon's greed, honestly. After playing 5 hours, I am just starting to come into the game, really, and I both love and hate it. It's just so... Asian/Korean. Don't get me wrong; it's fun but the paradigm for me seems off. The pricing is indeed ridiculous. It's super predatory and I assume that's because they expect to hook the whales and F2P to not care. The campaign/story so far is... boilerplate/terrible. The Anthem analogy in this regard seems spot on; did Warframe predate Anthem? I never played Warfame, just looked into it a couple times but never took the plunge.

I do enjoy playing it, though; there is something there.

I am supremely saddened that there isn't a Western game studio that could make a relatively simple game like this anymore without Sweet Baby Incing it up with nearly Trans Females, a DEI story, and reasonable monetization. We are dead/impaired as a culture that we have to rely on Korea to make these kinds of games.

Edit: I bought the starter pack and couple of other Descendents (Valby/Frenya)to see if that changed/improved the experience any. I am going to keep playing for sure.

Last edited:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
My main issue with TFD, early on, has been information overload. The item progression doesn't feel very good, like they give you too much loot just for the sake of loot. I have 100 guns before I know anything about the rarity systems, components, etc. I wish the introduction of systems was a little slower and more streamlined. If I am already getting purple weapons ten minutes into the game then grey, green, blue weapons probably shouldn't exist... ?

Feels like systems in place that you're already expected to know from other games.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
If normal bosses are any indication these retard players don’t deserve hard mode matchmaking. F2P games have to have the most useless average player skill ive ever seen.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
My experience with Warframe is very different than your own, as I played from its "beta" launch til a little after Nova was released. So to me, there isn't a huge difference.

I think farming up the capacity increasing item miiiiiight not be that bad, aside from actually getting to the zone you can farm most of it. Straight up buying it is retarded though, so bad that I almost think its an error (of course it isn't thoug, lol).
You’ve played about 5% of modern Warframe

• 1Like

Sylas

<Gold Donor>
My main issue with TFD, early on, has been information overload. The item progression doesn't feel very good, like they give you too much loot just for the sake of loot. I have 100 guns before I know anything about the rarity systems, components, etc. I wish the introduction of systems was a little slower and more streamlined. If I am already getting purple weapons ten minutes into the game then grey, green, blue weapons probably shouldn't exist... ?

Feels like systems in place that you're already expected to know from other games.
this, so much this.

Like i've played destiny, division, anthem, outriders, even warframe way back in the day. I'm familiar with the basic concept of looter shooters but the number of systems, stats, currencies, upgrades, etc in this game is just completely overwhelming. Maybe they are making a direct competitor to Warframe or something so they are coming out the gate trying to compete with a decade+ old game, with a million and one different systems that hardcore modern warframe players are already familiar with but for a casual i'm fucking lost.

Perhaps its because I play these games too casually but I never even see the fucking monetization. You would think as a F2P game that you would make it more casual friendly with introductory systems instead of beating you over the head right out the gate with all this shit. Like you know, "here's how you upgrade your gear. Ok now its +1 gooder. want to try to upgrade again to +2 gooder? just 2 pesos. you can buy 100 pesos from the cash shop for $1" or you know, something, to wean you into the game and its upgrade systems? But no. Starter gun is like 100dps. by the time you are done with the tutorial mission you are level 3 and gun drops are 300dps, 300% increase. 5 minutes later its 1k dps. then its 3k by level 10. like wtf this exponential growth rate of gear makes it impossible to see value in paying cash for anything.

Like I said before I have no idea where the cash shop even is (someone had to post where to find it) and to date i'm so lost, nothing at all in game has even directed me towards it, so I have no idea why some of you feel that the monetization is really bad.

In my mind they have sacrificed the entire casual "drop 5 bucks for some in game skins" market in favor of roping in all the hardcore whales from War Frame.

it kind of reminds me of black desert. Not the 2014 version but the 2024 version. There's so much shit going on in that game now, so many systems, unless you've played it consistently since 2014 then there is no way to go back and start up now.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
The UI needs work, it's so messy in some parts. Like the battle pass menu doesn't need to have challenges up on the top left, and the skins menu doesn't need to be shoved into the right side as an icon, put all 4 menus in the bottom middle. Menus should always be simple and straight forward, leave the fancy ass placements for the artwork.

Also, getting really annoyed with bunny dead stop in her tracks from running into people or rocks over terrain, her speed of light skill should at least act like valby's clean up water slide skill.

The tutorial npc needs to have to their lines slowed the fuck down, gives you more text information than a quest but spills it out twice as fast as those with no breaks for button input, pretty sure people reported this in the betas too and nothing was changed there.

Anyways another tidbit I learned, maybe I missed it in a tutorial somewhere, but looks like colossus parts are weaker against certain type of weapons as well. So three things to look for on boss builds, element type, weapon type, and bonus atk vs colossus.

zUntitled.jpg

zUntitled1.jpg

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I'm still stuck on hangedman, granted i havent done much but some farming to optimize. I picked up Jayber and like him a bit, i also like how you can change Descendants on the fly like hotswapping in a main town or fort.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I've farmed Sharen tokens for like 6 hours today and the last two haven't dropped in at least 30 runs each. 20% my fucking ass!!

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Man. This is a TON of info coming at you. I don't remember there being all these systems in alpha/beta/whatever.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Man. This is a TON of info coming at you. I don't remember there being all these systems in alpha/beta/whatever.
Man, its not necesarily a LOT, but it is coming at you all at once and its like whoa, whoa, bitch - I aint even had a chance to demo the last piece of shit you just taught me about. Its a fucking vibe killer, but its a pretty good game once you're past all that shit.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So one of the materials to craft the Energy Activators (increase mod capacity) is only in Vespers from the Encrypted Vaults. I ran around there today for maybe 30-40min (zoning in / out, and also doing some Void things and Infiltrations), there were usually 3 up at a time. Finding them is kinda odd. I don't think you need to find one of those glowy little squares, just spam your radar in every direction, if you hear a louder ping, keep going in that direction.

I tried an Ultra Precise vault using Lepic, and it was kinda dicey, but not as difficult as some posts on Reddit made it seem. Then I did them while using Enzo (all types), and the difference is stupid. Enzo makes the success range larger, slows down the speed of the bar, and gives you more chances before failure. You don't -need- him, but he sure does make it easy.

Also, those Void things that require a specific Element to trigger are a good source of XP, you kill 100-ish mobs, get loot and it respawns in like 1min. Was certainly better than either Kingston or Sterile Lands ops, though much less weapon mastery. Having those extra activities in the zones is a huge improvement, imo.

Xexx Xexx Is Hanging Man required to finish the MSQ/unlock the final zone to get into hard mode?

Also, Luna has a nice ass.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Another question. Reload Time Modifier.....given the wording, I have no idea whether the + or - actually makes reloading faster.

And.. can the Ultimate descendents wear the same outfits as the Normal descendents?

Vorph

Another question. Reload Time Modifier.....given the wording, I have no idea whether the + or - actually makes reloading faster.

And.. can the Ultimate descendents wear the same outfits as the Normal descendents?
You can tell which is good (+) by looking at Recycling Genius since that's all it does. The "Priority" mods make reloads slower.

I saw an Ult. Bunny wearing the maid outfit so it seems like they're considered the same in that regard.

Last edited:

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
It is UI overload...so many icons and markers and feedback and stuff to click on etc.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Does anyone know how xp works in this? If I just want to level up a character and one gun, do I need to empty the other slots like you would in Warframe? Or if my character is 40 and I'm trying to level a gun, do I need to not get skill kills and focus only on shooting?