The First Descendant

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I dont feel they are sponges, if your crew is geared up to each boss they can be dealt with in 2-5min which isnt much really. There is always that person or persons that show up to the party underdressed and wat to be carried.

I think there's something wrong with the Pyro fight for sure, and I think Devourer is a bit overtuned as well. Pyro could still melt me in a couple seconds with leveled-up hp and def mods and like 4000 fire res. Took like 25+ tries to get it down in a PUG, and the vast majority of them didn't even have the shield down after 6+ minutes. Devourer just heals way too fucking fast during the enrage phase; even if everyone knows what they're doing and runs straight to the bubbles it takes so long to pop the Symbionts that he's going to heal close to 50%. He's the only other boss who took me more than 10 tries to beat, and it was the same thing every time; we'd get him to within a few pixels of dead, he rages and heals to half. People just couldn't seem to do enough damage between enrage phases to kill it, and even on the win we just barely squeaked by with under 30 seconds left on the clock.

My biggest gripes are:
1. Ammo. For starters, why do I have to enter the fight without having a full load? I'm always about 100 short of my max on Tamer. And during the fight it's way too hard to find more. Adds don't always drop what you need, or they die in the middle of lava, poison goo, whatever. I've spent upwards of 60-90 seconds in some fights with no ammo and none to pick up. The white ammo in particular is super hard to see on all these white-ish grey battlefields too.

2. Adds. I get scaling up the boss hp for a group of 4, but imo the adds (and stuff like Symbionts) should remain the same as when you solo. It takes so much ammo to kill one of them that people just avoid them instead (which just leads to further ammo/hp/mp shortages in the long run). I would actually rather see more adds instead of the same amount with stupid high hp.

3. MP. I'm constantly out. Blue orbs give a tiny amount back during boss fights (same goes for red ones and HP too) compared to open world.

4. All the fights are essentially the same, and imo "bullet sponge with immunity phases" is the single most retarded boss design in all of gaming. A couple have an extra gimmick like Symbionts or Pyro's chains, but other than that it's just the same fight over and over until you get to Hanged Man, which is different but also a PUG nightmare.

Last edited:

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
While I agree with most of the wall of text my experience has been different. Pyro took 2 attempts, Devourer took 2, Hanged Man took about 5, including the completely blind attempt I did first before looking up how to deal the wipe. For Hanged Man, I was the runner with the box. I also had 1 friend on a level 24 (1 catalyst) Kyle on Hanged Man, so 2 pugs.

Only 3 attempts deep on Hard Executioner, and one of those runs I had a bug where I was mid-flight grapple hook to the boss and it went immune, canceling my grapple and leaving me permanently in grapple mode and no longer able to aim. So fucking close on our last attempt. If my Kyle hadn't tried to slam his head and just went for a body we'd have done it. lol.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Killed Devourer in one shot with pugs, I guess I got lucky, but thought that was way easier than dead bride which required 7 pug tries, had to eventually 2 man that with a friend to get it done.

White ammo you can get at the start area of the boss fights, the little supply bot that has the cross symbol, yeah it's bullet supply not health, no idea why they would put a cross symbol instead of like bullet symbol. But it sucks that the adds don't really drop much of white ammo either.

Seems Enzo is a very important farming character, as he can farm encrypted vaults easily, which you need for the materials for energy activators and crystallization catalyst.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got Pyro down on first try, but I think two of the members were juiced. I died once due to the big sword swipe, but I went in with more FR than recommended. Nothing he did was that terrible, imo. Devourer was more difficult due to the regenerating orb thing being so tanky.

Hagios has been a lot of fun compared to White Gulch.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I dont feel they are sponges, if your crew is geared up to each boss they can be dealt with in 2-5min which isnt much really. There is always that person or persons that show up to the party underdressed and wat to be carried.
That's pretty much every group though, and people having zero understanding of mods/descendant builds, etc. It's incredible how much easier most of those bosses are solo vs pugs.

Got Valby in the oven cooking, will mess with her tomorrow and level/build her then shelving this a bit. 57.5 hours, got my $'s worth! They need a complete redesign of several end game activities, and I'm not holding my breath if other Korean games are anything to go by (looking at you Lost Ark). Was a fun, if wildly imperfect run to end game.

Vorph

I know ult. Bunny needs a bunch of stuff from vaults too, probably the same for all the ults. Not to mention the 75k kuiper they can drop on hard mode.

I've been trying to farm potatoes and forma and it's honestly not as bad as I expected. Forma is actually quite easy; I have 2 done and 4 more queued up to be crafted, not counting the quest ones (there's the obvious one they give you as intro to crafting, but also another one you get fully built as a drop at the end of Bunny's quest line).

You also get two potatoes, one from your first level 40 character and another at the end of the MSQ. The cockblock with them is the blueprint though, I think the best drop rate you can get in normal mode is 3% so I haven't seen a single one. I've heard it goes up to about 10% in hard mode so shouldn't be too awful.

Still shitty compared to Warframe where you just slap the things on everything without a second thought, but at least they are accessible for the stuff you REALLY like without having to spend $24 every time. I kind of hate that it makes me too hesitant to use one on Tamer even though it's the best bosskiller in the game, just because I know sure as shit if I use one on it they will nerf it in the next patch because a white ammo gun isn't supposed to be doing purple ammo dps. Plus Thunder Cage has to get done first because of how gold reactors work... you can't just equip it and get the 160% bonus, you have to actually be using it or you get nothing.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I've been trying to farm potatoes and forma and it's honestly not as bad as I expected.

Sorry be that guy but can you please use actual game terms and not Warframe words? Hard to follow wtf you are talking about.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Sorry be that guy but can you please use actual game terms and not Warframe words? Hard to follow wtf you are talking about.

Forma = Crystalline Catalyst

Shrooms = Energy Activator
Cats = Crystalline Catalysts

??

Profit.

• 1Solidarity

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Thanks for not telling me to go fuck myself. Gonna go fuck myself now.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

I forget what they are called here about 5 seconds after I close the crafting screen. TFD's "forma" being called a Catalyst doesn't help matters much either, seeing as the real name of one of the "potatoes" is Orokin Catalyst.

Shrooms and cats I can probably remember. Maybe.

• 1Like

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
PSA: Using Sharen to do Outposts (solo these or other players will fuck it up) gives better rewards.

20240709032255_1.jpg

Note the 2 Amorphs. Not bad for 26 seconds worth of work.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Basic bitch build for Duration so you can get 4 hacks in before Active Camo drops.

20240709040202_1.jpg

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
While I'm on a screenshot posting spree, here's a screenshot taken from the Hard Mode I duo'd with my friend on Kyle.

kyle damage.jpg

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
So the only thing you cant pug in this game is hard mode infiltrations? That makes no sense.

Vorph

So the only thing you cant pug in this game is hard mode infiltrations? That makes no sense.
It's not that you can't do them with other people, it's that having other people around will make it impossible to destroy the machines via hacking instead of with bullets. And that means less rewards.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If it's anything like warframe spy missions I'll just do them on private. Most people will probably be fine, but there's always the one new player or retarded player going in guns blazing.

• 1Solidarity

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Killed Devourer in one shot with pugs, I guess I got lucky, but thought that was way easier than dead bride which required 7 pug tries, had to eventually 2 man that with a friend to get it done.

White ammo you can get at the start area of the boss fights, the little supply bot that has the cross symbol, yeah it's bullet supply not health, no idea why they would put a cross symbol instead of like bullet symbol. But it sucks that the adds don't really drop much of white ammo either.

Seems Enzo is a very important farming character, as he can farm encrypted vaults easily, which you need for the materials for energy activators and crystallization catalyst.

Those vaults. Any kind of lag or delay and they are just annoying. Sucks things are tied directly to it and only from them.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Any hard numbers on defense and resist caps? I'm sitting on 20k Defense and 8k resists and still getting one shot or two shot. Any ideas?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Those vaults. Any kind of lag or delay and they are just annoying. Sucks things are tied directly to it and only from them.
Some people say that having Frame Generation enabled fucks with the timing.

But, get Enzo, problem solved.