The First Descendant

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Everything you own is also on every alt you make from L1

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Does anyone know how xp works in this? If I just want to level up a character and one gun, do I need to empty the other slots like you would in Warframe? Or if my character is 40 and I'm trying to level a gun, do I need to not get skill kills and focus only on shooting?

Looks like it works like this, with some limited testing. XP is given to the hero + weapon in hand with a percentage going to other equipped weapons at a ratio, which I feel is 80/20.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Everything you own is also on every alt you make from L1
I got Normal Lepic up to 12 or 14 and then decided to switch over to Valby and while the character level was one, she used all of the higher 12-14 level guns, with the mods and even the fire reactor I had for Lepic; I swapped that immediately, though, to a water reactor for the character. All of the starter videos I have seen recommend leveling up proficiencies with a bunch of guns and not being too precious about any one gun because they aren't going to stick around for any particular length of time near the beginning or even near the end of the game, with some exceptions, of course.

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The weapon progression I'd recommend is:

Use whatever you find for the first 20 levels (of guns).
Craft Thunder Cage asap, but don't raise its level the first time until you get a L20 gun (note: it does not need to be a SMG that you use to level it up, don't be an idiot like I was).
Use the free second one you get to increase the power of its unique ability, then level it up again around 35.
At around 45-50, pick up a Tamer in Agna Desert. First mission it becomes available is Abandoned Reconstruction Site in The Remnant.
Continue leveling up Thunder Cage every ~15 levels, and look for a new Tamer or level up the one you have at least every 10 levels (purple guns are much cheaper to keep current if you can't find a fresh one). There's a level 60 mission in White-night Gulch that gives one, just keep checking rewards as you proceed to find more.

DO NOT use weapon readjustment on your Thunder Cage until it's level 100. Those random stats don't scale as the gun levels up so anything you do to it before 100 is just a complete waste of materials. I wouldn't readjust a Tamer either, it's easier to just farm a new one.

Other really good guns are the Eternal Willpower AR and Silly Weeper scout rifle. Haven't really messed around with anything else. Don't know much about other guns since I think purple ammo is way too scarce to bother with, and I rarely use orange because I can't stand using 3-shot burst weapons in any game + beam weapons have super low dps.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It is super easy to farm another Thunder Cage to max out its Ability, so do that as well.

This game is a really big "oof" in some ways. Going through White Gulch was maybe the worst gaming experience I've had. I think all those structures are just default assets that come with UE5, or in their store. Its so incredibly bad. =/

For those with a Lepic. He seems to make bosses with immunity balls super easy. So far, up through White Gulch, hitting the boss with Lepics Ult will destroy all balls at once.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Beat the story, colossi and leveled 4 chars to 40.

Still feels a bit bland (needs more overworld variety), but I'm a sucker for the genre mix.

I gave them $10 for the 30 hours I spent and if their price structure wasn't so predatory (more like Warframe) I'd probably dump hundreds as time went on, but fuck them and fuck you whales who will make it so they won't change it <_<.

whale-dolphin.gif

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
It is super easy to farm another Thunder Cage to max out its Ability, so do that as well.

This game is a really big "oof" in some ways. Going through White Gulch was maybe the worst gaming experience I've had. I think all those structures are just default assets that come with UE5, or in their store. Its so incredibly bad. =/

For those with a Lepic. He seems to make bosses with immunity balls super easy. So far, up through White Gulch, hitting the boss with Lepics Ult will destroy all balls at once.
I main Lepic with Frey being my side boo.

1720376712154.png

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Who can blast me through Dead Bride? Janx#9800 in game or add me on steam Steam Community :: Janx

Update:

Not sure who that was but thanks for the carry!

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Mao

Trakanon Raider
I don't really think this game is, technically speaking, good. However, I am having a lot of fun with it.

Story and itemization etc are all just kinda meh, but I can't help but have fun grappling around and killing stuff. Its... fulfilling.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

OneofOne

It's repetitive as fuck, and I still don't understand half the shit going on wrt weapons, items, changing them, etc etc, but I'm having a good time.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
If you guys are interested in running hard mode stuff add me on steam. Armadon63 Sucks there is no guild function

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Add me if you want, I'm still a pleb and haven't finished the Story yet. Have Pyromaniac, then Hagias / Swamp Walker and Fortress to do yet, haha. I get too distracted trying to get a lucky drop from various missions / activities. Thinking of making Viessa since there is a Void thing that requires Chill dmg to run that has some mods I'd like for Lepic.

Edit: malask#6199

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
It's repetitive as fuck, and I still don't understand half the shit going on wrt weapons, items, changing them, etc etc, but I'm having a good time.
Its so close to being good but also so close to being fuck you bad. The gestalt that exists between Asian companies and their customers is so weird; they seem to really hate their players but the gatcha/grind expectations are such that they barely even try. It doesn't seem like it would take much to turn this into such a better game. It feels like this is the kind of game that Overwatch should have been, that they were reportedly trying to make before turning it into what it became. Old Blizzard polish and narrative on this would be magic. Instead it feels like an appetizer rather than a meal.

Vorph

Have Pyromaniac, then Hagias / Swamp Walker and Fortress to do yet, haha.
Have fun with Pyro... if you thought Dead Bride was a cockblock due to PUGs, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

• 1Solidarity

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
If any need help with the later story bosses holler, I'm farming some randomly for materials and have everything at 100. Learning the fights by making them bullet sponges is dogshit so I don't feel bad pushing people through! I've been farming these fucking valby mats for a day now and Sharen for like 3 days. Have 5 descendents at 40 but want to try a few more.

Still contend Enzo is easily the most important character for a team so glad I've got him out of the way.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I dont feel they are sponges, if your crew is geared up to each boss they can be dealt with in 2-5min which isnt much really. There is always that person or persons that show up to the party underdressed and wat to be carried.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
20 seconds short from killing Hardmode Executioner... next time! My mates Kyle missed his last dive that would probably have killed him because we staggered the boss and dropped him to his knees just before Kyle landed.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I spent a lot of time in warframe and I'm having fun with this. I'll probably need to play until I hit the wall and see how bad Monetization is before I can really judge it's longevity for me. I like the gameplay, so farming won't bother me. But I don't have thousands of hours to sink into anything. For an online service game, If I can spend 50-100 a couple of times a year and feel like I got some entertainment out of it, I'm in. If it's whale central, I'll probably just play special events, if that's something Nexon does.

I think the last Nexon game I played was Vidictus, and monetization for that was atrocious.