The First Descendant

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
What are the P2W aspects of this?

From what I've seen, you can buy everything from the store. Boosters, characters, upgrades, paints, skins, hairstyles.

Most of those items can be farmed, including paints this time around. Boosters and hairstyles (skins) look like they are shop only.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seems so. I guess it will all depend on how viable they make it to get stuff without swiping your card. I've seen people say that TFD equivalents to forma and potatoes range from $10 to $24 too. Which is fine if they are farmable, but if it's like getting those things in Warframe then I would have a huge problem with that.

Given that this is Nexon, I feel pretty safe in assuming the worst.
Everything can be framed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
F2P/Gatcha/P2W are all predatory mechanics of companies looking to take advantage of the worst aspects of their players human nature to make maximal money. It's a damn shame because so many of these games look so appealing. It's the same reason that Las Vegas looks so glitzy and poisonous things are brightly colored, I guess: It's a trap (I know it's two different reasons but work with me here).

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How’s the gunplay? Idgaf about the p2w stuff in a free game but hoping it feels good to play.
I found the gunplay to be good, better than what I've experienced in other shooters (better than Outriders / Remnant, but not as good as Destiny), but some of the sounds are a bit meh. Not as bad as Outriders though.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
F2P/Gatcha/P2W are all predatory mechanics of companies looking to take advantage of the worst aspects of their players human nature to make maximal money. It's a damn shame because so many of these games look so appealing. It's the same reason that Las Vegas looks so glitzy and poisonous things are brightly colored, I guess: It's a trap (I know it's two different reasons but work with me here).
There will be two things in TFD's monetization that will piss me off; The cost of speeding up production of components (Warframe did this and it was annoying), and the cost of items in the Shop not matching up with the amount of Caliber you can buy (this happens in all gacha style games, and its lame). So for me, I'll dump some money into the game because I'll enjoy it for awhile, but then stop.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My wallet is primed and ready to pay extra for jiggle-physics.
Aww, your wallet will remain full then... since there are zero jiggle physics (unless they added them since the most recent beta/test). its unfortunate too since some characters would benefit greatly from having them.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Everything can be framed.
Sure, but the concern is how tedious they make the farming in order to push people to just buy their character upgrades. When they price the items at literally about 100x more expensive than what the equivalents cost in Warframe, it's hard not to think that Nexon gonna Nexon when it comes to drop rates.

I know it's not really fair to compare any game, especially a brand new one, to Warframe when it comes to having a consumer-friendly cash shop, but there's a reasonable mark-up and 10000% ain't it.
TFD installs two different anti-cheat systems so I wouldn't count on being able to alter any files without getting flagged.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sure, but the concern is how tedious they make the farming in order to push people to just buy their character upgrades. When they price the items at literally about 100x more expensive than what the equivalents cost in Warframe, it's hard not to think that Nexon gonna Nexon when it comes to drop rates.

I know it's not really fair to compare any game, especially a brand new one, to Warframe when it comes to having a consumer-friendly cash shop, but there's a reasonable mark-up and 10000% ain't it.

TFD installs two different anti-cheat systems so I wouldn't count on being able to alter any files without getting flagged.
Not sure if there is a point to argue for or against the monetization of TFD, it will be ok for some and not ok for others. I currently enjoy playing two gacha games casually (brown dust 2 / snowbreak: containment zone), and have dropped money into each. I am -well- aware of how Nexon will work their Shop for TFD, so its not going to be a surprise. I'll use it til I'm tired of it, but I do know I'll get enough enjoyment out of the game to spend the money on it. I usually end up dropping $60-$250 into a "gacha" game that I like.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Since it’s being compared to Warframe, any chance it has a player economy?
If you mean like how you can trade for platinum in Warframe with in-game drops to avoid spending real money, no. Sounds like it's something they're considering in the future though, based on what I saw on reddit.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, they said when the service stabilizes they will be able to add in a trading system, no idea what that will actually offer though.

Apparently the game supports Cross-Save as well, just need to link Steam / Console via the Nexon website. Also Twitch drops.

Not sure how it plays on PS5, but my nephews want to try it out, so I'll be using both Steam / PS5, hopefully it works.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The game looks decent enough, it’s free so it’s not like a risk or anything. I’ll most likely play through the campaign and see once at I’m the end game if it’s worth continuing and worth putting some money in it.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Train wreck - graphics jacked up - turning on RT does something amazing - graphic settings dont seem to change graphics - Lepic is awesome tho!

Gunplay feels good tho, quite good - way better than expected for F2P

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea seems ppl are having graphical issues on PC and PS5, but I'm it's user error. Played for a bit this morning, ran smooth (3060).

Ultimate outfits are kinda new. There are two bundles for each, 3000 and 5000. The 3k comes with just the base Ult skin, and another really nice looking skin. Gley Ult skin is really nice.

The Shop is bugged ATM, at least on Steam. You can purchase Caliber, but there seems to be an indefinite delay before it shows up in-game.

Normal characters range from 400 to 900 caliber, with the cosmetic skins going up to 1500 for the limited/premium ones. Battle Pass is Free, Premium (500), and Premium+25lvls (1500).

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Crafted Bunny, I'll get around to leveling it at some point, but the character (outside of "dat azz") isn't appealing.