The First Descendant

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Gotta admit. This is running as smooth as Destiny. Pulling like 100+FPS with a 3080ti @4k.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There's something weird about the mouse controls. Doesn't really feel like the usual Unreal Engine smoothing or acceleration issues. It's like way too twitchy, but turning down the sensitivity just makes it take far too long to aim correctly. FPS is pretty much locked at 144 so I don't think something else besides the mouse itself is causing it.

Couldn't fix it and ended up just turning on the gamepad instead, which I guess is ok since there's a ton of autoaim built in, and analog movement is always superior to ESDF. Apparently it messes up sniper rifles though, making you go for center mass instead of headshots. Aiming Blizzard was annoying too, can do that much easier with m/k.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's something weird about the mouse controls. Doesn't really feel like the usual Unreal Engine smoothing or acceleration issues. It's like way too twitchy, but turning down the sensitivity just makes it take far too long to aim correctly. FPS is pretty much locked at 144 so I don't think something else besides the mouse itself is causing it.

Couldn't fix it and ended up just turning on the gamepad instead, which I guess is ok since there's a ton of autoaim built in, and analog movement is always superior to ESDF. Apparently it messes up sniper rifles though, making you go for center mass instead of headshots. Aiming Blizzard was annoying too, can do that much easier with m/k.
One of Viessa's unique mods let's you cast Blizzard as a projectile so it does the blizzard at the spot it hits something.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Damn thought this was midnight tonight for some reason. Excited to come mindlessly kill aliens with randoms this evening.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Not sure I am sold immediately, only played 30 minutes or so, but off the rip it feels better than Outriders did. I wish it wasn't a hero shooter because I would prefer to do my own builds, and having $100 cosmetics that you can't earn through gameplay at launch is concerning for the future.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
It's not a very good video game. Not awful, but I don't see any reason to play this over Destiny or Warframe.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's not a very good video game. Not awful, but I don't see any reason to play this over Destiny or Warframe.
Still going to try it out for a while, but I figured as much. With who is developing it and all the other companies connected, probably wont be worth fucking around in for another 6 months to a year.

Daidraco

Having a good amount of fun with this
I actually am too, now that I can sit down and play it for a minute. The cash shop isnt "HORRIBLE" but the ultimate bundles are just as pricey as Warframes etc. I have no idea if you truly can get everything from grinding, but its pretty sweet if so. Battle Pass is just shy of two months long, and ultimate bundles are around for 88 days. Not a fan that the Season unlocks per week, like some time gated garbage. Big turn off for the battle pass cause I aint logging in just to fill your metrics.

Is premium currency tradeable so you can farm in-game items and sell them to people? etc.

Brahma Brahma - you plan on putting in any effort for this one?

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure I am sold immediately, only played 30 minutes or so, but off the rip it feels better than Outriders did. I wish it wasn't a hero shooter because I would prefer to do my own builds, and having $100 cosmetics that you can't earn through gameplay at launch is concerning for the future.
$55, unless you want the extras.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I actually am too, now that I can sit down and play it for a minute. The cash shop isnt "HORRIBLE" but the ultimate bundles are just as pricey as Warframes etc. I have no idea if you truly can get everything from grinding, but its pretty sweet if so. Battle Pass is just shy of two months long, and ultimate bundles are around for 88 days. Not a fan that the Season unlocks per week, like some time gated garbage. Big turn off for the battle pass cause I aint logging in just to fill your metrics.

Is premium currency tradeable so you can farm in-game items and sell them to people? etc.

They do plan on adding a trading system, but have given no details. You can farm all the characters / weapons, including Ultimate versions. You'll have to buy the skins though, like the Ultimate Bundles come with the base skin (farmable) and a premium skin (not farmable).

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It’s pretty much like I expected which fun but I doubt I’ll play long term. I still prefer Destiny to this, will have to see what the end game loop looks like before I say for sure though, maybe it will surprise me.

Well after taking a break, I can’t get on again because Xbox has issues.
IMG_1705.png

Last edited:

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Yeah, starting Saturday. (Headed out of town.)

And HOLY FUCK these prices! I may pass on throwing them a few bucks...

• 1Worf

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Aight so I understand that these f2p p2w looter shooters gotta make money, and I get that the best way to do that is to have a variety of vague, nearly indecipherable upgrade and currency systems to confuse the player and encourage him to spend more money on shit, but god damn i'm getting too old for this shit.

Just give me a simple set of systems and gear slots and slap dollar signs next to the BIS items but let me at least understand wtf is going on.

Overall the game seems decent. Wish we could fly tho.

My ideal looter shooter is mobility/movement of Anthem, open world size and exploration of division, story telling/power sets of Outriders, and gun play of destiny.

This is closer than most

• 1Like

Daidraco

Aight so I understand that these f2p p2w looter shooters gotta make money, and I get that the best way to do that is to have a variety of vague, nearly indecipherable upgrade and currency systems to confuse the player and encourage him to spend more money on shit, but god damn i'm getting too old for this shit.

Just give me a simple set of systems and gear slots and slap dollar signs next to the BIS items but let me at least understand wtf is going on.

Overall the game seems decent. Wish we could fly tho.

My ideal looter shooter is mobility/movement of Anthem, open world size and exploration of division, story telling/power sets of Outriders, and gun play of destiny.

This is closer than most
Thank you! I hate comparing everything to Anthem, but I made that comparison in this game way back when Brahma was doing Alpha testing or whatever. Anthem was such a missed fucking opportunity and I wish I could rip character controls out of that game and put it in just about anything else.

As far as BIS - if its anything like Warframe, there are some "really good weapons" out there, but no BIS. Maybe a BIS for you, and it obviously not be a shitty gun? Unlike Destiny, where there were pistols and shit that were so far and above what the next pistol down would be comparably, that it was no contest which was better.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Bunny isn't my favorite to control - grinding towards Kyle or Enzo atm for my 3rd can't quite decide. This is honestly quite fun if not completely mindless fun. Reminds me of old Destiny and Warframe (a game I liked, except aesthetically... much prefer the theme and character models here). I tossed em' a few bucks for the battle pass. Will play this a bit as my turn off brain and shoot shit game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users