The First Descendant

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Will be curious if Freyna is the same.

Bunny is far superior to Viessa, you'll just need to get the mods going so her #2 / #3 skills can stay active. Bunny and Valby make high lvl defense missions doable, and Bunny is the #1 pwrlvling character.
2 Bunny's in a defense mission is just me going afk lol. They will clear the whole thing until the higher waves.

Blueweed

Silver Baronet of the Realm
so bunny's great. but anyone's got ideas for another class that's seemingly fluid? i tried the turret guy and he was disappointing. ice girl feels good for freezing and stuff but idk

Mao

Trakanon Raider
Any hints or suggestions on starting this? Any money traps or shit they have set to make you waste your starting BS to encourage you to buy more, or can I just jump in shoot people and be fine?

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
You can get by without dishing out cash. At least for me so far. I hit 40 already and unlocked 2 other toons. I am going to buy the battle pass though since I feel I've gotten 10 bucks out of it.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
so bunny's great. but anyone's got ideas for another class that's seemingly fluid? i tried the turret guy and he was disappointing. ice girl feels good for freezing and stuff but idk
Valby, she does very good AoE via her water/puddle placement. I imagine the Eseimo(?) will do alright too, since he is all about big explosions. He'll be my next character. Freyna might be really good, but I think she will need an Ultimate weapon to really shine (there is one that will explode poisoned mobs and inflict more poison).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Any hints or suggestions on starting this? Any money traps or shit they have set to make you waste your starting BS to encourage you to buy more, or can I just jump in shoot people and be fine?
Pick Lepic (or Ajax if you want to have shields / bubbles / reflect), and just play. You'll get normal Bunny for free, and then Freyna.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Most of the time I’m just asking myself why I don’t just login to Warframe. The only department where it really excels for me over Warframe are the skill effects. Everything else is either a downgrade or sidegrade.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I wonder if they are going to nerf exp in the defense missions. 20 levels in 30 minutes is kinda funny. Freyna with Thunder Cage and the poison mod is pretty sick.

Mao

Trakanon Raider
So apparently a newer Asus motherboard and a a 4070ti super is a bad combo. Updated graphics drivers and motherboard, and I still can't get this thing to make it past compiling shaders.

Nevermind. Asus and other motherboard manufacturers keep overclocking their shit past Intel's specs. Before I kept having to set shit manually and keep fucking with it till it worked, but Asus finally put an option to use Intel's suggested settings hidden in the menus. Finally fixed the problem. So far :)

Last edited:
  • 1WTF

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
So apparently a newer Asus motherboard and a a 4070ti super is a bad combo. Updated graphics drivers and motherboard, and I still can't get this thing to make it past compiling shaders.

Nevermind. Asus and other motherboard manufacturers keep overclocking their shit past Intel's specs. Before I kept having to set shit manually and keep fucking with it till it worked, but Asus finally put an option to use Intel's suggested settings hidden in the menus. Finally fixed the problem. So far :)

This is from the April bios, though I just downloaded the new bios (may) and that does seem to have fixed it with a new default as hitting F5 and defaulting it after installing it automatically set it to (a new option that you don't see in that video) to Intel "extreme" standards that is what he had to do manually since the asus "intel" defaults didn't set the right numbers.

• 1WTF

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just downloaded and did the intro mission. It's fast paced and fun so far. I like that they price the Booba Bunny skin the same as a box price, will probably sell a lot of skins for sure.

Only complaint is it seems all terminals in the Hub Area unlocks right away, a bit overwhelming.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Interesting game so far. Started with the ice chick, though I'm not sure why - I pretty much never find her abilities more useful than just shooting a gun (so far, hitting level 14). I will say I didn't realize how many weapons I was auto-looting, and waited WAY too long to upgrade and mod my weapons. Made a stupidly huge difference. Oops.

Other than rec'ing to update your gear pretty often, the only other tip I can think of is to farm the first boss -- level 10 - to get a set of mods and decent guns. You only get the crafting loot the first 3 times you do it (does that reset daily?) but since killing him takes anywhere from 20-90 seconds, and there's zero wait time, might as well gank him a half dozen times before moving on.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Do you just salvage the weapons you pick up and dont use?

Try to make a habit of using ALL the weapons to increase your proficiency (to increase your mastery), start at 5, then move on and up. Salvage ALL the things you aren't using or about too, and any duplicates.

Defense Infiltration's is a great way to bang out some quick weapon xp.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Few things

Be sure to readjust your uniques upon hitting 60 item lvl or so, i didnt even do it till i was getting L66 items and it made my Thunder Cage damage turn into something magical.
Please dont do try Pyromaniac until you have on some 60 gear.
Always have some research going.
Haters gona hate but like 14hr to finish story? I still havent and im past that and just got to last region.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Still dont understand much about the game. Will need to take some time and learn all the different npcs.

Started having ammo issues when I switched to higher dps weapons. The starter one had infinite ammo I think.

Unlocked the Bunny after starting with the Horn Tank guy.

Going away for a roadtrip so will resume exploring on Monday. Might buy a skin pack to support if I end up playing more. But so far I like the fast combat and grapple hooks and double jumping. Way different than Helldiver 2 "realistic" combat.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Working my way towards that L86 boss.
IMG_1377.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users