The First Descendant

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
what reviews? Pretty much everyone in this thread is saying it's great. So who the fuck are you relying on? Reddit? bunch of faggots. That only leaves woke gamer journalist "reviews" which if you read those what the fuck are you doing here?
Pretty much this, because the game is great. Does it have P2W aspects? depends on what you consider P2W since you only get to have some things faster than others. This is the Lost Ark of shooters.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
what reviews? Pretty much everyone in this thread is saying it's great. So who the fuck are you relying on? Reddit? bunch of faggots. That only leaves woke gamer journalist "reviews" which if you read those what the fuck are you doing here?
Steam reviews, I'd assume.

Personally, I'd say it just seems like a worse Warframe in pretty much every way except for the visuals. I don't even know why people bother comparing it to Destiny, Outriders, Anthem, etc.; it's literally a carbon copy of Warframe and the only thing it has from other looter/shooters is some random stats on the guns.

And the cash shop along with predatory design which funnels people into swiping their card instead of enduring a ridiculous grind is every bit as bad as I expected from Nexon.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Steam reviews, I'd assume.

Personally, I'd say it just seems like a worse Warframe in pretty much every way except for the visuals. I don't even know why people bother comparing it to Destiny, Outriders, Anthem, etc.; it's literally a carbon copy of Warframe and the only thing it has from other looter/shooters is some random stats on the guns.

And the cash shop along with predatory design which funnels people into swiping their card instead of enduring a ridiculous grind is every bit as bad as I expected from Nexon.
Yea just steam reviews and playing other stuff anyway. I'll wait and catch some other reviews and gameplay.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yea just steam reviews and playing other stuff anyway. I'll wait and catch some other reviews and gameplay.
LOL, dude its FREE, download and click play. Why do you need reviews from some other content creators in order to try a f2p game yourself??

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Having a ton more fun now that I've found a character I gel with - Enzo. Laying ammo, exploding drones, shields. Great fun on bosses or mobbing in groups. Just chain fill heavy weapon ammo to explode everything.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
LOL, dude its FREE, download and click play. Why do you need reviews from some other content creators in order to try a f2p game yourself??

If you had my kickstarter world record you wouldn't trust your own opinions on games either

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
well that's weird since steam reviews literally all the negative reviews are just saying "its just a better version of warframe, but p2w"

oddly enough despite all the cries of p2w or whatever the game does an absolutely terrible job of this. Where the fuck is the cash shop? I can't find anywhere in the city or in the UI to pay money for anything.

I don't know how much longevity the game will have or if any of us will be playing it in a month, which is the same story as every single looter shooter ever released, but for now its a) fun and b) completely free so you literally lose nothing for giving it a shot.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone find a spreadsheet with Descendent drop locations? I'd swear I had one last year, much better than having to look ingame for shit. The Freyna material quest series was actually a pretty good tutorial on how the game wants you to have multiple characters. Yet now I want to know where her other materials come from and with the server just taking a dump I can't look up anything.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
well that's weird since steam reviews literally all the negative reviews are just saying "its just a better version of warframe, but p2w"

oddly enough despite all the cries of p2w or whatever the game does an absolutely terrible job of this. Where the fuck is the cash shop? I can't find anywhere in the city or in the UI to pay money for anything.

I don't know how much longevity the game will have or if any of us will be playing it in a month, which is the same story as every single looter shooter ever released, but for now its a) fun and b) completely free so you literally lose nothing for giving it a shot.
Esc / Inventory / Shop (top left).

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Aaand it's down again. Fix yo shit Korea. I was almost done with the first ultimate weapon ffs.

While it's down, this is better to me in every way over Warframe. It feels better to play, it looks miles better and I much prefer the hero aesthetic in this game vs Warframe. Feels a bit like Warframe 2.0 in almost every way that matters to me. Tossed em a few bucks for Enzo skin, battlepass etc. We'll see if it keeps my interst after 40+ hours, but 15 hours in I'm annoyed when I can't log in and kill bosses named Greg (or Greg, reborn).

The names in this game crack me up man. Greg, Jeremy, etc. Never change Korea.

Lenas

Trump's Staff

Yeah as a long term Destiny player I don't understand those comparisons at all. Outriders makes a little sense.

Maybe we'll get even more free rewards after the server shitshow today. Wish Western devs would give away free stuff every time there's outages.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Aaand it's down again. Fix yo shit Korea. I was almost done with the first ultimate weapon ffs.

While it's down, this is better to me in every way over Warframe. It feels better to play, it looks miles better and I much prefer the hero aesthetic in this game vs Warframe. Feels a bit like Warframe 2.0 in almost every way that matters to me. Tossed em a few bucks for Enzo skin, battlepass etc. We'll see if it keeps my interst after 40+ hours, but 15 hours in I'm annoyed when I can't log in and kill bosses named Greg (or Greg, reborn).

Is it Thunder Cage? If so, don't DO anything with it after you craft it. You'll get a quest from the Descendent Instructor robot that tells you how to craft an upgrade material for Weapon Transmission. The quest prompt makes it seem that you have to use the Workbench to do something, don't, just go talk to the Instructor. Wait til you have a lvl38+ weapon to use for Weapon Transmission.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider

Was busy yesterday and finally had time to play it but now it is down. I think they under estimated the popularity of this plus the holiday.

Blueweed

Silver Baronet of the Realm
if you cleared the kingston map just go back and do the defense mission. one 30mins sitting will get your new characters from 1 to 20 with tons of mastery and weapons prof.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh, for those who got Bunny via quests, what lvl was she? I had to use Bunny today for the Freyna quest chain, and she was already lvl10, but I had never played her since I got her.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My 2 week(ish) vacation starts today, about to get off work, DL the game, and.... servers down.

I'm getting serious EQ vibes here.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Oh, for those who got Bunny via quests, what lvl was she? I had to use Bunny today for the Freyna quest chain, and she was already lvl10, but I had never played her since I got her.
10 also. Guessing that's an anomaly like her 1 minute crafting time?

Seen a ton of ult bunny’s… horniness will always turn profit
What's worse is she just seems bad compared to Viessa.

Hopefully it changes later on but I find most powers to be so unreliable/ineffective that I just do everything with my guns. So many of them are super short range while I'm shooting from afar, plus when you do use something like Bunny's #4 you're out of energy for an eternity unless you run all over the place getting your ass shot off looking for pickups. I agree with a post I saw on reddit, the game would be a lot better if they had ditched mana and just balanced skills around being used based on cooldown.

Last edited:

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

Hopefully it changes later on but I find most powers to be so unreliable/ineffective that I just do everything with my guns. So many of them are super short range while I'm shooting from afar, plus when you do use something like Bunny's #4 you're out of energy for an eternity unless you run all over the place getting your ass shot off looking for pickups. I agree with a post I saw on reddit, the game would be a lot better if they had ditched mana and just skills around being used based on cooldown.
I never played the beta's, but some of the streamers who have say Bunny is the best hero in the game much later as you can essentially build her to perma sprint/perma aoe and never even use your gun. I don't like using her at all at these lvls though as she's squishy af and it's kind of tough aligning all the shit without better mods.

Enjoy Enzo and Ajax a lot more honestly, think the poision girl is great and easy too and she's free around lvl 20ish.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Hopefully it changes later on but I find most powers to be so unreliable/ineffective that I just do everything with my guns. So many of them are super short range while I'm shooting from afar, plus when you do use something like Bunny's #4 you're out of energy for an eternity unless you run all over the place getting your ass shot off looking for pickups. I agree with a post I saw on reddit, the game would be a lot better if they had ditched mana and just skills around being used based on cooldown.
Will be curious if Freyna is the same.

Bunny is far superior to Viessa, you'll just need to get the mods going so her #2 / #3 skills can stay active. Bunny and Valby make high lvl defense missions doable, and Bunny is the #1 pwrlvling character.