The Flash (2023)

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
So this is on Max now, thought I would check it out.
I turned it off right after the opening scene (about the time Batman and Flash grab the lasso of truth). This was just horrible, absolutely terrible to the Nth degree. The whole baby rescue scene was cringe worthy from start to finish. The ONLY good thing i seen (from what I watched) was the nurses reaction after she landed on the ground.
I saw it was available there when I was looking for something to watch at work tonight. Not even a glimmer of interest. Fuck Ezra Miller and anything he has any part of.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Zod was terrible too. Looked like Michael Shannon was woken up a minute before he had to start shooting.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Zod was terrible too. Looked like Michael Shannon was woken up a minute before he had to start shooting.
I think he said something in an interview along the lines of, "not sure why my character is back, but whatever" and that attitude really comes through in his performance.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I think he said something in an interview along the lines of, "not sure why my character is back, but whatever" and that attitude really comes through in his performance.
Not to mention that I couldn't even tell that was the original Faora. She was iconic in the first movie, one of the best parts to be honest, and I had to actually go to IMDB to see if that was her in this one. I don't know if we ever saw her face clearly, and if she did anything other than a couple of high-speed CGI slides that could have been any Kryptonian, I don't remember it. I honestly thought they just got some random stunt person that looked like her and then blurred her face with the "Kryptonian mask" they all wore. But apparently that was really her. Why even bother at that point? I'm sure she cost more than the stunt woman would have.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Not to mention that I couldn't even tell that was the original Faora. She was iconic in the first movie, one of the best parts to be honest, and I had to actually go to IMDB to see if that was her in this one. I don't know if we ever saw her face clearly, and if she did anything other than a couple of high-speed CGI slides that could have been any Kryptonian, I don't remember it. I honestly thought they just got some random stunt person that looked like her and then blurred her face with the "Kryptonian mask" they all wore. But apparently that was really her. Why even bother at that point? I'm sure she cost more than the stunt woman would have.
i bet the exposition about finding baby Supes and trying get whatever from him was actually filmed and she played a bigger role than what we have seen. the movie has been in the works for 8 years. tons of reshoots. over 300 million in production costs. its a massive monster of lost footage.

• 2Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
i bet the exposition about finding baby Supes and trying get whatever from him was actually filmed and she played a bigger role than what we have seen. the movie has been in the works for 8 years. tons of reshoots. over 300 million in production costs. its a massive monster of lost footage.
Maybe we'll get a special cut of that!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah thats what we need. 9 hour directors cut version of this shit show

• 2Worf

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
The amount of mistakes and plot holes in the movie just screams they didn't care. $300+ million failure. They knew it was a flop long before release. Scenes where Keaton is swinging punches at no one, the opening baby scene the dog just appears on the gurney. After that it was basically 3 hours of Barry crying about his parents. Doesn't this hold the record for most expensive flop in movie history or does Avatar 2 hold that now?

• 2Picard

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is the comic book flash a horribly annoying unlikeable character? Cause it’s not a good idea to have a movie where the main character is this awful.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i'm guessing they'd still have to pay her for her likeness, so might as well get her in there

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Is the comic book flash a horribly annoying unlikeable character? Cause it’s not a good idea to have a movie where the main character is this awful.
no. barry allen is very likeable

• 2Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
i'm guessing they'd still have to pay her for her likeness, so might as well get her in there
They could have said it was literally anyone else and not paid her. They altered the timeline so that Kal El wasn't there and didn't pay Cavill, so why not Faora Ul?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

No way sure owns the character and as long as they're not using her actual face there's no reason they'd have to pay her