The Flash (2023)

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Okay, I watched like 10 minutes of this and wanted to murder the flash after the opening scene. What a piece of shit.
ezra miller is NOT very likeable, i was talking about from the comics.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ezra miller is NOT very likeable, i was talking about from the comics.
It’s good to know they botched the character instead of how that was how it was intended to be. Ezra Miller is a piece of shit, but you put any other actor in and that character still sucks.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It’s good to know they botched the character instead of how that was how it was intended to be. Ezra Miller is a piece of shit, but you put any other actor in and that character still sucks.
dude. watch Flashpoint Paradox the the animated film based on the same storyline this live action shitpile was based on. its probably the best DC animated film i have ever seen and there are quite a few good ones.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
dude. watch Flashpoint Paradox the the animated film based on the same storyline this live action shitpile was based on. its probably the best DC animated film i have ever seen and there are quite a few good ones.
Yeah the animated version was really good

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>

Even the crappy version of Flashpoint they did on the CW show was better than this steaming heap. And Grant Gustin was also a far more likable Barry. (who honestly acted more like the Wally West Flash, but that's a comic nerd nit pick) As for why he was better... I will credit to a 50/50 combination of better writing and the fact that Gustin has at least a modicum of charisma and likability.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

The Flash in Justice League Unlimited animated series was great. And man what an awesome series that was
I always thought that flash was berry, but in one of the episodes, he tells everyone his name is Wally.

I never read much of the flash comics so I always have a hard time telling apart all the different flashes

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I always thought that flash was berry, but in one of the episodes, he tells everyone his name is Wally.

I never read much of the flash comics so I always have a hard time telling apart all the different flashes
You're right, it was Wally West. And Michael Rosenbaum voiced him (he played Luther in Smallville).

j00t

You're right, it was Wally West. And Michael Rosenbaum voiced him (he played Luther in Smallville).
yeah, i was never a huge flash fan, but michael rosenbaum made me love him, same as luthor. as far as i'm concerned he's the best luthor

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
That fact made for what I though was one of the funniest moments in the JL animated run.... Lex Luthor manages to pull a body swap with Wally West so you have the guy who played Lex on TV playing the flash, acting like Lex..... Sorry for lowres..

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
That fact made for what I though was one of the funniest moments in the JL animated run.... Lex Luthor manages to pull a body swap with Wally West so you have the guy who played Lex on TV playing the flash, acting like Lex..... Sorry for lowres..

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
those guys were way too nice, the whole time, "wow this is really bad, but its not their fault its those corporate execs for not giving them enough time.". bitch, this fucking thing has been in production for almost a decade. how much fucking time did they need? if its a bad product then its a bad product and they shouldnt have signed off on it. this isnt like ET for the Atari 2600 where they had only 3 months to create a video game for a Christmas release.

• 1Like

j00t

those guys were way too nice, the whole time, "wow this is really bad, but its not their fault its those corporate execs for not giving them enough time.". bitch, this fucking thing has been in production for almost a decade. how much fucking time did they need? if its a bad product then its a bad product and they shouldnt have signed off on it. this isnt like ET for the Atari 2600 where they had only 3 months to create a video game for a Christmas release.
they have a point though. i wouldn't be surprised if the cgi effects were only given a few weeks to do the shots. there were a bunch of practical shots done that had to be reshot, which means a lot of cg had to be redone. yes, the movie had been in production for nearly a decade, but we know that they were shooting stuff right up until a few weeks before the released it

also... you say that they were too nice... you ever think maybe you're just too mean?

• 1Like