The Flash (2023)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
they have a point though. i wouldn't be surprised if the cgi effects were only given a few weeks to do the shots. there were a bunch of practical shots done that had to be reshot, which means a lot of cg had to be redone. yes, the movie had been in production for nearly a decade, but we know that they were shooting stuff right up until a few weeks before the released it

also... you say that they were too nice... you ever think maybe you're just too mean?
they're responsible for their work. thats just how this goes. if you dont have enough time to produce work then dont bid on contracts you cant handle. its not being mean to expect something quality from someone and then fault them when they cant deliver. yeah, they werent given enough time to deliver, according to whom? their contract? sounds like they made a shitty deal. for a profession thats in high demand, their company could have set the terms. good work will always shine over quick work.
iu

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
they're responsible for their work. thats just how this goes. if you dont have enough time to produce work then dont bid on contracts you cant handle. its not being mean to expect something quality from someone and then fault them when they cant deliver. yeah, they werent given enough time to deliver, according to whom? their contract? sounds like they made a shitty deal. for a profession thats in high demand, their company could have set the terms. good work will always shine over quick work.
iu
the people working on the cg aren't the ones bidding on the contracts. their bosses are. that's what corridor crew is saying. the people working on the cg are just cogs in the machine that some organ grinder monkey exec is screeching at expecting music out of the box

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the people working on the cg aren't the ones bidding on the contracts. their bosses are. that's what corridor crew is saying. the people working on the cg are just cogs in the machine that some organ grinder monkey exec is screeching at expecting music out of the box
ok, but the bosses are representing their company and their company put out shit in a shiny box. the entire company is responsible. it doesnt matter if the guys in the sweatshop were mistreated and put behind the 8 ball. its still on them because they , the company bid the contract and couldnt deliver. its not their fault on say an individual level, but as a whole they are VERY much to blame. IMO they should unionize and demand proper time to work on projects because their brand just took a massive hit and it will affect their future salaries if their bids on future projects are rejected based on poor performance from this film.

• 1Picard

j00t

ok, but the bosses are representing their company and their company put out shit in a shiny box. the entire company is responsible. it doesnt matter if the guys in the sweatshop were mistreated and put behind the 8 ball. its still on them because they , the company bid the contract and couldnt deliver. its not their fault on say an individual level, but as a whole they are VERY much to blame. IMO they should unionize and demand proper time to work on projects because their brand just took a massive hit and it will affect their future salaries if their bids on future projects are rejected based on poor performance from this film.
i don't disagree with you, there's a lot of "should have's" going on with the entire fx industry right now. but you also seem to be taking this like a personal affront to you. how's your blood pressure doing? everything good at home?

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i don't disagree with you, there's a lot of "should have's" going on with the entire fx industry right now. but you also seem to be taking this like a personal affront to you. how's your blood pressure doing? everything good at home?
lol, i'm fine. dont go by the text. i dont really care that much. i do care that they shit the bed on the Flashpoint storyline in every way possible so that it can never been done properly now in live action without this bomb getting referenced. and when i have to drop my goofing around shtick and switch to my serious "voice" to fully iterate a point, it may seem like i am upset.

j00t

lol, i'm fine. dont go by the text. i dont really care that much. i do care that they shit the bed on the Flashpoint storyline in every way possible so that it can never been done properly now in live action without this bomb getting referenced. and when i have to drop my goofing around shtick and switch to my serious "voice" to fully iterate a point, it may seem like i am upset.
i'm glad it bombed. i mean i hate that it ruined the story, like you said. and i hate that a lot of "innocent" people got caught in the crossfire, but anything that has ezra miller attached needs to get nuked from orbit so that dude can stop hiding behind his work and start actually getting help. WB actively shielded ezra from a TON of consequences just because they didn't want their lead actor to be in jail and cause even MORE lost revenue with reshoots with a new lead.

in that regard i think the execs at WB and the director of flash to be held just as culpable for all the heinous stuff ezra was and is still doing. Breaking news! Mad Goose Wizard Still At Large!

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Holy crap. 45 writers were involved in this mess at various stages.

:oops:

• 1WTF
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
omg holy shit this was so fucking bad

it makes me very sad that the glory of Michael Keaton returning as Batman had to be located within this festering pile

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I recently watched this, it was not good.

First, I don't how they did Barry Allen in the DCU, not just this movie but justice league also. His socially awkward persona is really cringe. The other universe Barry was even worse. That made watching the movie very difficult as you have the 2 main characters be totally unlikable. On top of that Ezra Miller sucks.

Second, they went and try to cram too much into the movie and it felt disjointed. Overall the story was just bad.

Third, the cgi was awful, and the way the Flash runs is ridiculous. It looks bad at full speed, and when he lost his power and ran at normal speed you saw just how stupid it looked.

Now on to the good parts, Michael Keaton's Batman was good. Managed to capture the Batman Keaton was in the Burton's movie pretty well. I did like the Supergirl to be honest, the actress did well and most of her scenes were pretty good. Her little arc was solid too, even though she was capture and mistreated by humans, she still sided with them against Zod. Even though the end was kinda stupid, it was nice to see the nod to all the people who played Superman over the years.

All in all, it was bad.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Holy crap. 45 writers were involved in this mess at various stages.

:oops:

This sounds about right, since the movie was in some stage of production for roughly a decade (Ezra was announced in 2014), and if you count the production they did that eventually went on to be the CW show, a little bit longer than that even.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
those guys were way too nice, the whole time, "wow this is really bad, but its not their fault its those corporate execs for not giving them enough time.". bitch, this fucking thing has been in production for almost a decade. how much fucking time did they need? if its a bad product then its a bad product and they shouldnt have signed off on it. this isnt like ET for the Atari 2600 where they had only 3 months to create a video game for a Christmas release.
I'm with you. If you're an individual contributor working on a product with shit management / executives that causes you to produce a shit product, you're an enabler.

It's the same story as Boxer in Animal Farm ( Boxer (Animal Farm) - Wikipedia ) loyalty to a leader makes you culpable for that leader's decisions.

• 1Like

Homsar

Really sucks they killed it with Supergirl and she won't be returning.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They erased her existence in the movie. Murdered her many times over. As cute and as interesting as she was, we were never going to have her after this film.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I watched this movie from a different perspective than most comic book movies, because of all the info before it was released.

This was a movie about "what if the worst person in the world, just an absolute insufferable cunt with no redeeming qualities, had superspeed & time travel powers?"

Viewed from this perspective, it was not awful. Watch a superpowered insufferable cunt destroy the DC universe so his mom can live a few years longer, oh wait never mind, destroy the DC universe so his daddy can get out of jail.

It was like a supervillain movie where the villain wins, with no comeback from the good guys in part 2. Dark. And meta, because it really does seem to be the end of the DC cinematic universe too.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I watched this movie from a different perspective than most comic book movies, because of all the info before it was released.

This was a movie about "what if the worst person in the world, just an absolute insufferable cunt with no redeeming qualities, had superspeed & time travel powers?"

Viewed from this perspective, it was not awful. Watch a superpowered insufferable cunt destroy the DC universe so his mom can live a few years longer, oh wait never mind, destroy the DC universe so his daddy can get out of jail.

It was like a supervillain movie where the villain wins, with no comeback from the good guys in part 2. Dark. And meta, because it really does seem to be the end of the DC cinematic universe too.
now that x2 and for the entire movie and you have The Flash 2023

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I think there is a non zero chance (and potentially even a good one) that she ends up being the Gunn Supergirl.

He hasn't cast anyone else, and it seemed like he was looking, cause the actress posted she was still in the running for more appearances as Supergirl.

She was the only part of that movie that basically everyone liked, and there is no reason to dump her unless he finds someone else he really likes.

I sure hope we get more of her in the role

• 1Like