The Flash

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well if all of the research notes he stole mention the name Barry even once then he knows who the Flash is, but outside of that I don't think he would know who it is.

As for Waller, it's possible that the situation in Central City has only just now come to her attention. Maybe the big prison-break plot we're all anticipating will be connected to her, or maybe metahumans are too much of a wild card, even for a sociopathic nutjob like her.

Piriwi_sl

shitlord
All the show needs to do is have a brief scene where a meta-human is shown being put into stasis/suspended animation in the cell and then mention they keep the metahumans like that until they figure out what to do with them.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Pied piper was in the special prison because he knew well's secret and had to be dealt with. Fortunately they'd already started down the judge, jury, and executioner road so there were no moral issues to interfere when it came time to cover their own asses.

Caliane

The police seem to know about the prison don't they? I suppose there is a behind the scenes explanation that authorization was acquired.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The police seem to know about the prison don't they? I suppose there is a behind the scenes explanation that authorization was acquired.
Well I'd be surprised if Law and Order cop doesn't know, but it's unclear whether the police in general are aware that they've got metahumans locked up there.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
If metahumans like gassy dude and blink showed up and started killing people they would be sniped without a second thought and their corpses would be analyzed to try to build more. Human rights protestors would be ignored at best.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So we are again back at "spend 20 second explaining it to put it to bed". I just thought girl Daredevil would be a perfect person to use, but it's no biggie. If they don't touch on it fairly early next season it will start to irk me probably, but that seems unlikely. Also I kind of like the speculation on it all since it gives us something to talk about beyond references and hints about/from the comics.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
We might all be missing the most obvious explanation here. Maybe they are purposely setting team flash up to be psychopaths. Or at least, setting wells up to be one and he obviously had everyone else on the team charmed.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Eddie is going to be the nutjob, Wells will stay grounded for the most part.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I hope Dr Snow doesn't become Killer Frost, because I like her and that would obviously remove her from being an every day character on the show. It does seem like they're going that direction though, but I suppose it's possible she could end up as sort of a reluctant hero if they go the energy vampire route and figure out some way to help her control her powers without having to kill people.

It would have to be very convoluted for Wells to not be a villain, but it's possible. They've said he's the only reverse flash, but they could be outright lying, or there could be another version of Wells. It's also really unclear how his powers work. At the end of episode 11 it shows him using the tachyon technology to charge up the yellow suit, but at the beginning of the episode it shows him being capable of superspeed without it

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Did he? Damn, I didn't think I was skipping his posts. Maybe I'm doing it subconsciously.
i never said he charmed them, though there is good evidence he has. i said wells has them convinced against their better judgement that keeping the metahumans on ice secretly at star labs is best for all parties involved even if it goes against everything legal and moral. wells is technically kidnapping these people and barry and flashco are accessories.
my opinion is with wells, but i would have a plan to offload these people to the cops, either by helping them construct their own facility in holding these supervillains or working on a way to depower them so they can be put in a normal prison. wells just wants them at star labs and so he can potentially get them working for him in one plan or another.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
i never said he charmed them, though there is good evidence he has. i said wells has them convinced against their better judgement that keeping the metahumans on ice secretly at star labs is best for all parties involved even if it goes against everything legal and moral. wells is technically kidnapping these people and barry and flashco are accessories.
my opinion is with wells, but i would have a plan to offload these people to the cops, either by helping them construct their own facility in holding these supervillains or working on a way to depower them so they can be put in a normal prison. wells just wants them at star labs and so he can potentially get them working for him in one plan or another.
The reverse flash doesn't care about having his own gang of metahumans, he only cares about Barry.

As for the prison thing, I honestly think that Barry, Snow, and Cisco just haven't really had a chance to sit down and think about the ramifications of keeping these people in solitary confinement 24/7 without a trial. As I said earlier, there will likely be at least one episode early next season where the prison thing becomes an issue. Belle Reve is a bit too far away, so it's possible they might construct metahuman holding cells at Iron Heights, because Starling City is at least close enough that they can sort of handwave the fact that it's 600 miles each way.

In the animated shows, there is usually some sort of collar or something that neutralizes their powers so they can be kept in relatively normal looking prisons. That's what they did at Belle Reve in Young Justice.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Sheesh the past few pages of prison talk, I figured you guys were angling to write some
Flash fanfic about prison life, here's hoping that at least one of the stories has Ilsa has the warden.

Really good episode and between the ending and the previews of next week, hot damn! I'm gonna forgive them for not having Firestorm transmute some bullets into water or something.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
They did say at the end that they we're going to work on figuring out their powers and we previously saw the F.I.R.E.S.T.O.R.M. research was about transmutation so I think they will get there eventually but are taking their time to do so. Much in the same way that merging into proper Firestorm came about as an evolution of the character.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Man I still think the shit with Professor Wells is just vague enough for him to not be a villain, but I can't imagine a TV show being that complex.