The Girls Who Broke Your Heart Thread

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
You're the one who has to fuck her, don't let anyone make that decision for you.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I keep hearing this genetics linked to people getting fat. Do we have a source for this? All this time I thought it had mainly to do with calories consumed and a lack of moving around (exercise).

Jais

Trakanon Raider
I keep hearing this genetics linked to people getting fat. Do we have a source for this? All this time I thought it had mainly to do with calories consumed and a lack of moving around (exercise).
Get out of here with your thin privilege.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Don't be stupid Brad. She's testing the waters and treating her husband as a backup plan. Go ahead and say "I like you but I want you to leave your husband first because I can't be with a married woman". See what she says. She won't do that because then she loses her safety net. She wants the emotional reassurance and physical gratitude from you and the support and safety of being married. She's a bitch for even traveling down that road and making her husband look like a fool, and you're enabling it. Unless you're into willfully hurting people you don't even know in one of the worst possible ways. Then just fuck her in the ass.
Even this is bad advice. Bitch is clearly nuts to get that clingy to a disinterested man while she's married. Brad if you are looking for honest advice, no this chick is not good for you. If you want to get your dick wet, fuck the bitch, take a picture and send it to her husband. LULZ

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Get out of here with your thin privilege.
frown.png
Ok.

I'll go back to eating chicken and broccoli and calorie counting and wondering if my genetics are just awesome.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
You've never heard the saying to look at a girl's mother to see how she'll look when she ages? Genetics play a huge role, especially in women I've found.

Like I said, volleyball had been fighting off her genetics, but once that ended, it was like the flood gates opened. She kept going to the gym and shit, but it didn't help. She seems to have stabilized at her current weight.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
LOL. This is a kindergartener's understanding of it. It's more complex, but the fact is, I don't think anyone's got a line on exactly how it works yet. People are saying 'genetics' because it seems pretty obvious that it's different for everyone, and reasonable that the differences are linked to genetics. When someone is fat because of their genetics, it means the foods they happen to really love make them fat.

The main problem with "calories in - calories out" is that it doesn't account for the fact that there are calories in your shit.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Genetically some people have a much easier time putting on weight. That doesn't excuse them from being fat though, it doesn't make it impossible to stay in shape, just makes it far easier blow up than for some others. Doesn't help for chicks that so many of them are addicted to "comfort foods" and sweets.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Genetically some people have a much easier time putting on weight. That doesn't excuse them from being fat though, it doesn't make it impossible to stay in shape, just makes it far easier blow up than for some others. Doesn't help for chicks that so many of them are addicted to "comfort foods" and sweets.
People seem to forget for whatever reason that half of the calories in < calories out = weight loss is only half the weight loss equation. The other half is metabolism which varies greatly between person to person. This leads to them going blah blah blah its genetic im supposed to weigh this much its not my fault im a fatass.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Itlan, you're a pretty idiot if you think metabolism varies that much from person to person. Her mother is fat because she has shit eating habits. Her daughter will get fat because she probably shares the exact same shit eating habits.

Once you enter your 20s you need to start paying attention to your caloric intake because you're done passively consuming a ton of extra calories through body development and are now just eating for maintenance.

If you're fat, you're eating too many fucking calories. The end.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
You're a fucking idiot if you think metabolism varies that much from person to person.

If you're fat, you're eating too many fucking calories. The end.
One of my best friends from high school doesn't eat ever. I seriously don't remember this kid eating ever. We'll go to a diner and we all pig out and he just has a cup of water... and he's a fat fuck. I rip on him all the time cause he's fat as hell, but I really don't understand WHY. I've spent days at a time with the kid and he's never eaten the 4000-5000 calories it would take to maintain his weight. I seriously think he's just completely fucked genetically.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
One of my best friends from high school doesn't eat ever. I seriously don't remember this kid eating ever. We'll go to a diner and we all pig out and he just has a cup of water... and he's a fat fuck. I rip on him all the time cause he's fat as hell, but I really don't understand WHY. I've spent days at a time with the kid and he's never eaten the 4000-5000 calories it would take to maintain his weight. I seriously think he's just completely fucked genetically.
Because he's eating garbage when you're not around. It's really the only reason that happens or he's on some hilarious medication you're not aware of. We are all thermal engines. We can't run on nothing and get bigger. It's a defiance of the laws of physics.

iannis

Musty Nester
Everybody does have a different metabolism. It's called BMR and its one of the first things you either calculate or assume when you're planning a calorie based diet.

It is calculable because we are thermal engines. It is necessary to calculate it because we are discrete organisms and not just direct replicas of each other.

It is undeniably a popular excuse for a bad diet but the thyroid actually doesdosomething.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Everybody does have a different metabolism. It's called BMR and its one of the first things you either calculate or assume when you're planning a calorie based diet.

It is calculable because we are thermal engines. It is necessary to calculate it because we are discrete organisms and not just direct replicas of each other.

It is undeniably a popular excuse for a bad diet but the thyroid actually doesdosomething.
Exactly. For some 1900 calories is the magic number, for others 2200 is the magic numbers. God damn mouth breathers ignore that and just scream its genetics.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Fedor posted one of those stupid thin privilege things in FSR where someone was talking about how when they go out to eat with their friends they eat a full dinner beforehand and then just pick at their food, so their friends won't judge them for eating too much at dinner. Apparently a lot of fat people do this, they are ashamed of their eating habits so they stopped eating in front of other people.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fedor posted one of those stupid thin privilege things in FSR where someone was talking about how when they go out to eat with their friends they eat a full dinner beforehand and then just pick at their food, so their friends won't judge them for eating too much at dinner. Apparently a lot of fat people do this, they are ashamed of their eating habits so they stopped eating in front of other people.
I probably made him that way.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
People seem to forget for whatever reason that half of the calories in < calories out = weight loss is only half the weight loss equation. The other half is metabolism which varies greatly between person to person. This leads to them going blah blah blah its genetic im supposed to weigh this much its not my fault im a fatass.
Need a source for your claim that metabolism "varies greatly between person to person." Everything I've read indicates that the difference on average is pretty damn minor. Maybe 10-20% different from person to person. That's the equivalent of a granola bar a day, not all that significant, although over years it can add up. Edit: ah, I see you said much the same thing on this page.

However on the other hand, it really isn't as simple as "calories in/out":Obesity: Wider understanding | The Economist

A CALORIE is a calorie. Eat too many and spend too few, and you will become obese and sickly. This is the conventional wisdom. But increasingly, it looks too simplistic. All calories do not seem to be created equal, and the way the body processes the same calories may vary dramatically from one person to the next.
Even more intriguing is the notion that the same diet may be treated differently by different people. Four recent papers explored this theme. In one, published in Science in July, Joseph Majzoub, also of Boston Children's Hospital, deleted in mice a gene called Mrap2. Dr Majzoub and his colleagues showed that this helps to control appetite. Surprisingly, however, even when the mutant critters ate the same as normal mice, they still gained more weight. Why that is remains unclear, but it may be through Mrap2's effect on another gene, called Mc4r, which is known to be involved in weight gain.

The second and third papers, published as a pair in Nature in August, looked at another way that different bodies metabolise the same diet. Both studies were overseen by Dusko Ehrlich of the National Institute of Agricultural Research in France. One examined bacteria in nearly 300 Danish participants and found those with more diverse microbiota in their gut showed fewer signs of metabolic syndrome, including obesity and insulin resistance. The other study put 49 overweight participants on a high-fibre diet. Those who began with fewer bacterial species saw an increase in bacterial diversity and an improvement in metabolic indicators. This was not the case for those who already had a diverse microbiome, even when fed the same diet.

Jeffrey Gordon, of Washington University in St Louis, says these two studies point to the importance of what he calls "job vacancies" in the microbiota of the obese. Fed the proper diet, a person with more vacancies may see the jobs filled by helpful bacteria. In the fourth paper, by Dr Gordon and recently published in Science, he explores this in mice. To control for the effects of genetics, Dr Gordon found four pairs of human twins, with one twin obese and the other lean. He collected their stool, then transferred the twins' bacteria to sets of mice. Fed an identical diet, the mice with bacteria from an obese twin became obese, whereas mice with bacteria from a thin twin remained lean.

Dr Gordon then tested what would happen when mice with different bacteria were housed together-mouse droppings help to transfer bacteria. Bacteria from the lean mice made their way to the mice with the obese twin's bacteria, preventing those mice from gaining weight and developing other metabolic abnormalities. But the phenomenon did not work in reverse, probably due to Dr Gordon's theory on the microbiota's job vacancies. Interestingly, the invasion did not occur, and obesity was not prevented, when the mice ate a diet high in fat and low in fruits and vegetables. The transfer of helpful bacteria therefore seems to depend on diet.
So it's a combination of factors: diet, exercise/activity, genetics, and gut flora. Everyone can be skinny or fat regardless of their genetics, but it might be easier or harder for some to be one or the other.