The Girls Who Broke Your Heart Thread

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Man don't kill yourself over a woman. You got a son there, imagine what that will do to him

My mom attempted suicide a bunch of times and it fucked me up

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
Gotta realize, as cliche as it sounds, that there are a lot more "fish in the sea". I was very fortunate to find someone at an early age (which comes with it's on challenges...you constantly doubting your mate because maybe there is someone better!?), but as you mature you do start to learn what is important to you and kid or not, you need to be able to stand up for that and know that it does you (nor her) any good to continue if you guys can't work through you're issues. The moral challenge I think I would have is if she legitimately has mental issues...I'd like to think I would stick by my wife and try and help her through that. If it's just her being a sadistic asshole, then I have no patience for that. If it's a bonafide mental then she needs to be getting help though, not doing anyone any good as a crazy person. Regardless, don't just soak it up...find something and try to make your life better.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
Two Dan Savage bits of advice Conefed. DTMFA and It Gets Better but first you have to DTMFA.

• 1Like

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
So dudes wife doesnt want him to go out with the boys and now homeboy wants to kill himself. Seems like your priorities are in order

• 1Solidarity

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I'm still trying to figure it out myself.
conformity, duty, and obligation certainly have a hand.

but I think the classic "known vs unknown" mechanic is in play also. it gets shitty for me, it really does. it may even lead to me offing myself. but like all my relationships have been a brand of fucking terrible and the next could be worse. likewise, the stay alone and take on complete burdens of everyday life isn't optimal either.
she at least does chores for the most part

her episodes are almost the new normal. for example, the next day after that she made breakfast and we went strawberry picking like nothing happened. but a guarantee you the points that specifically upset her haven't left (regardless of merit)

i'm not there yet// haven't figured it out.

I just know she breaks my heart, yet I unconditionally love

hate for me is not the answer. I think if a build enough evidence to convince myself it's better for everybody .. I don't know.

I think her and her crazy mother will crank it up to boss level should I split and I fear for my son. One thought is moving an inconvenient amount of distance away (with child) for the first few years. dunno

Woah Dude! That would be a shitty thing to do to your kid. If you off yourself your kid will only have one center of influence in his life and if she is as crazy as you say, your kid will be REALLY fucked! You have two jobs right now 1) get happy and 2) teach your kid how to be a rationale happy adult.

I don't know how to fix the situation with your wife because I obviously do not know all the details. With that said I have to assume there was once love and mutual respect between the two of you. Perhaps that isn't completely lost, perhaps you can open up some dialogue? Perhaps a hand-written letter to your wife? Use "I feel" statements and avoid accusations, let her know you miss the way things used to be. Ask her how you can help things get better, and let her know you are willing to put the work in if she is, however if she is unwilling to help things get better ask her what solution she would advise. Good luck, no matter what you choose to do, with the exception of suicide...that I hope you fail at without doing any long term damage to yourself. Think of your kid Dude! DO NOT OFF YOURSELF!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
So dudes wife doesnt want him to go out with the boys and now homeboy wants to kill himself. Seems like your priorities are in order
Chemicals can be compelling. Every week she assaults my senses. It gets overwhelming and I shut down. That particular dark impulse is not due to the original story. It's not even a logical response, or a solution. But like two weeks ago I entered a top-10 life experience level depression and she made it worse. Was a hella rough few days. I felt the compulsion then, creeping in like I was a teenager. Based on that, it could happen again.

I'm thinking I may have to take this to the Marriage and the power of divorce thread,
But the heartbreak component is on topic

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Nationalist
Reactions: 1 users

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Women don't respect weak men. That's as simple as it gets.

If you want your wife (or hell, anyone) to respect you, you need to stop being weak. I get the depression shit, but you absolutely can not be a doormat or it's going to make things worse. Women are with you because they want someone they can count on, someone to be their rock. They want someone who can tell them that everything is alright and believe it. They want someone who hops out of bed in the middle of the night to go investigate wtf that noise was. They want someone who can make decisions and feels confident about them.

Right now, this is not you, and you need to fix that for your own sanity, and chances are pretty good she'll fall back into line after you do. As cliche as it sounds, hit the gym. You're going to feel better, you're going to look better, and that confidence will translate to your interactions with everyone around you.

100% of the men I know who get treated like shit by their wives are not in control of their relationship. They get an allowance every week (from money they make), they don't make decisions about their own free time, and more often than not, they also stopped getting regular sex years ago. It's because she doesn't respect you, so she's treating you like a child.

It's also possible she treats you like shit because she's a cunt. If that's the case, then it won't stop after you build up some confidence, but you just won't take her shit anymore and she'll move on. It's a win/win for everyone involved.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 5 users

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Chemicals can be compelling. Every week she assaults my senses. It gets overwhelming and I shut down. That particular dark impulse is not due to the original story. It's not even a logical response, or a solution. But like two weeks ago I entered a top-10 life experience level depression and she made it worse. Was a hella rough few days. I felt the compulsion then, creeping in like I was a teenager. Based on that, it could happen again.

I'm thinking I may have to take this to the Marriage and the power of divorce thread,
But the heartbreak component is on topic

Your biggest problem in life right now is that youre not happy with your relationship. You have a job, car, electricity, running water, shelter, a son and all of this other shit. When I start feeling depressed about the extremely privileged and cushy life that I am living I try to imagine being one of those refugee parents who are living in ruble with their children, getting bombed almost everyday and are in the middle of a civil war. What do you think they would think of you wanting to give up because you bicker with your spouse and cannot come to a resolution? Maybe its time to grow up Peter Pan

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Women don't respect weak men. That's as simple as it gets.

Yes. Every single woman on the planet, roughly 3.5 billion, right? You can make a simple statement about what every single one of them wants in a man. That doesn't sound ridiculous at all as a starting premise. I'm sure you have a much better understanding of this guy's situation than he does, because you know what every single woman in the world wants in a man.

• 1Smuggly

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yes. Every single woman on the planet, roughly 3.5 billion, right? You can make a simple statement about what every single one of them wants in a man. That doesn't sound ridiculous at all as a starting premise. I'm sure you have a much better understanding of this guy's situation than he does, because you know what every single woman in the world wants in a man.
Ok, how about, "Any woman worth a shit does not want a weak man."

Who the hell wants a weak partner?

• 1Solidarity

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>

What's your deal dude, are you trolling or what?

Seriously, a woman's biological imperative is to obtain the best partner she can to produce the best offspring she can. Do you think we're so far removed from the animal kingdom that all the mating competitions that exist in multiple species from deer to birds to goats don't apply to us?

I don't even know what your argument is here. You think that women want depressed pushover men? Why the fuck does the internet even exist then? All of the guys on it should be just drowning in pussy.