The Leftovers

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Not to be the guy who keeps defending it but I thought what happeneed in episode 4 was much later. My memory is shot. Yes 4 isnt great. 5 Is amazing. NAd it ramps up from there.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Does it get better past the midway point of the season? Because, honestly, by Episode 4 I found this to be worse than most of the new "high production" Network TV shlock (Sub 12 episodes) being pumped out. I mean, yeah, better than standard episodic TV sure, but still bad.

I'll have to try and muscle through the last 6 episodes.
I don't think this is a show you'll end up enjoying.

khalid

Unelected Mod

Can't say I enjoyed last season, in fact I hated it. However, I probably will end up watching this second season. It is like the TV version of Mist. Utterly depressing and soulless and filled with pretentiousness. Even with all the good acting, it ended with me just wishing they would all kill themselves.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

khorum

Murder Apologist
I enjoyed the show, but yeah it asks the audience to do a lot of heavy lifting to give a shit about unlikable people.

khalid

Unelected Mod
to give a shit about unlikable people.
While true, my problems with the show are more than that. It seemed to act like, after a catastrophe where 2% of the population vanished, everyone would act totally depressed and no one would move on. For some people, that totally makes sense and why Nora was probably the only likable character on the show. For others, its like move the fuck on already and do something with your life. Surely some people would react that way.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Also, the GR was completely unlikable and all the screentime and attempts to "humanize" them were silly and didn't work on me in the slightest.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
While true, my problems with the show are more than that. It seemed to act like, after a catastrophe where 2% of the population vanished, everyone would act totally depressed and no one would move on. For some people, that totally makes sense and why Nora was probably the only likable character on the show. For others, its like move the fuck on already and do something with your life. Surely some people would react that way.
I think the remaining people trying to understand why they are still there is something they didnt hit on enough. It was all "Everyone is gone IM SO SAD AND FUCKED UP" and not enough "why am I still here when they arent"

khorum

Murder Apologist
The show would've been fine if they spent the first 3/4 eps moping around like that and showing the GR mass suicide trucks and shit. But when you do it for the whole season it loses its impact long before the third act.

The first episode this season was a wtf. And I mean that in that because they spend the whole episode focusing on people that we don't know at all.
Second episode, loved it. I'm on board.

khalid

Unelected Mod
The first episode this season was a wtf. And I mean that in that because they spend the whole episode focusing on people that we don't know at all.
Second episode, loved it. I'm on board.
Did you like the first season?

I absolutely detested it. Not just disliked, but detested it to the core of my being. I hated the town, I hated how people responded for the most part, I hated the GR. The only good part was the stoning of the GR and their destruction at the end.

However, I have heard that this season completely changes it up and given I did like the father and Nora, maybe it is worth another shot.

I powered through the first season 2 weeks ago in like 3 days. Everyone in the town is seriously fucked up.
Not just the town, but everywhere. And because I went into it thinking that the rapture happened I think
that they're all sinners in some regard, and there is something unlikable about all of them to some extent.
Although I think there's more to it to that.

I like the father and Nora too. She's seriously sexy. I think their journey is going to be the focus so I would recommend.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Did you like the first season?

I absolutely detested it. Not just disliked, but detested it to the core of my being. I hated the town, I hated how people responded for the most part, I hated the GR. The only good part was the stoning of the GR and their destruction at the end.

However, I have heard that this season completely changes it up and given I did like the father and Nora, maybe it is worth another shot.
The first episode was completely unlike the previous season, and as an added bonus had more tits than all of season 1 combined. The second episode was like a flashback to take it up to the first episode and was more of the captain's random crazy shit from season 1. If I hated season 1 I'd probably feel really cheated after being hopeful in ep1 then seeing 2nd one. I'd avoid if I were you.

I did get a laugh at the sight of black vigilante trying to outcrazy the captain though - if only he knew ;p

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Just binge watched the first 4 episodes.

This season is much better than last. I'm really digging the new direction.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Suppose I'm the only one watching anymore. It's a shame, this season has been very interesting.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
This crazy ass show is my favorite thing on TV right now. Second season really stepped it up.