The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, I upgraded the Hylian armor all to level 2 and didn't see any bonuses.

EDIT: Hah. Why would someone salty this post?!

You have to upgrade it 2 times to get set bonuses if they have one I believe. By level 2 do you mean you upgraded it twice? Or level 2 with level 1 being what you got?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
You have to upgrade it 2 times to get set bonuses if they have one I believe. By level 2 do you mean you upgraded it twice? Or level 2 with level 1 being what you got?
I upgraded it twice, once I found a second fairy. Head, tunic and legs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

My stupid 8-bit link amiibo has yet to yield me any green tights or a tunic! But he is a cool amiibo to have along with my 8bit mario.

upgraded hylian armor is op - shit hits you that used to 1 shot you is like 3-4 hears.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah between the upgraded Hylian armor and cheesing the upgraded stasis I finally took down a Lynel last night. Then I took down the rest of them. Because fuck them.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I've got fully upgraded Soldier armor now, 28 armor for each piece. Some of the Lynels still take like 6 or 7 hearts per hit though. Working on upgrading my cold and hot gear so my armor isn't shit in those places where it's needed

Randin

Trakanon Raider
On my way to doing the Zora Beast last night, I ended up taking down the lynel while getting the arrows (first dungeon I did, so still had relatively low-level gear and health). Took at least a half-dozen deaths, most of my weapons, and just about all the food I had on-hand, but I did it. That thing is the Gascoigne of BotW, "okay, you've had your fun and games, now git gud." And like Gascoigne, it's all about learning to counterattack (or flurry strike, in this case).

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The lynels with swords aren't that bad, they still have tons of health and can do a lot per hit, but it's pretty easy to dodge their attacks and counter with a flurry. The 2h mace ones are the only ones that really do damage to me, I still haven't figured out how to dodge or block or negate the spin attack they do, other than using the stasis rune

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Finally did first water dungeon yesterday and have my first full set of armor. Upgraded them to level 2, but don't see any bonus from doing it. Guess that set doesn't give any? Or do I need 3x stars, thought the fairies said that 2 was enough.
Only armors that have some kind of initial effect get set bonuses at 2 stars.

Siliconemelons

Are the set swords from the amiibo treasure boxes like the armor?

Also anyone else think (esp during bloodmoon) that the moon looks like the majoramask moon with a face?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
How can I upgrade the armor after the first upgrade? The fairy keeps telling me I need to save other fairy's or something. :(

Malkav

French Madman
How can I upgrade the armor after the first upgrade? The fairy keeps telling me I need to save other fairy's or something. :(

From what I've read you can upgrade one time per Great Fairy you found.
So go find some others. :D

Siliconemelons

Does the stupid "horse god" count as one for level upgrades? if not screw that stupid thing gimmy my $ back!

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Does not.

Utnayan Utnayan :

Zelda Maps - Use the great fairy filter to find them. Unlocking each one costs more money than the last. Final fairy is 10k.
There is a quest for sure to unlock the second fairy, don't remember where (was one of the stables) where the dude just straight gives you the money to take to the fountain. Think it was 1k rupees which ain't bad at all. May be quests for the other fairies similar to that, but that's the only one I found.

Best way to make money is definitely Snowling

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I found my second fairy just by accident, while exploring.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
There is a quest for sure to unlock the second fairy, don't remember where (was one of the stables) where the dude just straight gives you the money to take to the fountain. Think it was 1k rupees which ain't bad at all. May be quests for the other fairies similar to that, but that's the only one I found.

That's the one right next to Kakariko, the guy walks you right up to the forest and then gives up like 30 feet from the fountain lol.

Don't believe the others have quests like that. I still haven't unlocked the 4th because I keep blowing cash on armor sets and arrows.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
That's the one right next to Kakariko, the guy walks you right up to the forest and then gives up like 30 feet from the fountain lol.

Don't believe the others have quests like that. I still haven't unlocked the 4th because I keep blowing cash on armor sets and arrows.
No, not that guy. That guy asks you to take a picture.

I'll go through the completed quest log to find it when I get home later today, when you accept the quest the guy just gives you the rupees to unlock it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user