The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I could be combining them in my head. I know he wanted a picture but I also thought he was the one that gave me the rupees. I know the guy that gave me money, gave me 500.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The guy who asked for the picture didn't give me any money. That's the only fairy related quest I've done, though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I find the flurry rush pretty shitty and the fact that many of the boss engagements hing upon it seems equally dumb. You have what maybe a 0.50 window at most to dodge and get the rush? It just seems like a lazy way to make a game artificially hard. The camel boss was all about it similar to the lynol guys. It just feel really lazy to me.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I didn't get a single flurry rush on the camel boss. I just blocked his attack and hit him afterward.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I never flurry rushed. The most useful skill is parrying beams.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Dont think I did a flurry rush on a single boss. Really only do it on the lynels. To be fair I had the master sword for 3 of them which makes them trivial anyways

Last edited:

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Think I got one flurry rush on the camel boss. Agree it's mostly useful on Lynels, just sit in front of them and bait their 3 hit swipe combo, easy to just backflip that for the rush.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
So apparently he lied about the DDOS? That's what I'm hearing on the grapevine anyway. BoTW isn't without flaws, but it isn't a 7 by any means.

Its the same score I came up with a week ago for similar reasons:

I have a contrarian opinion, the game is maybe a 7.

There are a large number of annoyance mechanics in the game - stamina, durability, camera, crafting, weather, horses....<snip>.

• 2Smuggly
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
No, not that guy. That guy asks you to take a picture.

I'll go through the completed quest log to find it when I get home later today, when you accept the quest the guy just gives you the rupees to unlock it.
It was 500 Rupees, quest is called a gift for the great fairy, tabantha bridge stable is where the quest is

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Hitboxes in this game kind of suck as well. Like when you are fighting the giant sand whale guys and they just kind of kill you. Or the giant bobokin guys and you are somewhat near his foot and that just kills you. The game is good but so incredibly far from a perfect 10.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Hitboxes in this game kind of suck as well. Like when you are fighting the giant sand whale guys and they just kind of kill you. Or the giant bobokin guys and you are somewhat near his foot and that just kills you. The game is good but so incredibly far from a perfect 10.
I've never had a hitbox problem (plenty of camera and lock on problems though). Are you talking about the Hinox? When you are near its feet it sometimes does a feet stomp thing where it looks like it moves its legs a few steps forward and back, that is an actual attack so it's doing what it is supposed to

Archdruid Archeron

the Site Surgeon
<Granularity Engineer>
104 shrines done, so much fun. There are a few really long ones that were really enjoyable to puzzle through. (NW most shrine comes to mind)

The downside of all the shrine hunting, all the upgrades (maxed armour upgrades), my 22 hearts, and 3 full stamina wheels is that I am now a raid boss; this plus the fact that I one shot every guardian with an arrow means that only Lynell hunting is any challenge.

I have four divine beasts done and the castle remains once I finish the village and the last 16 shrines. The last two beast bosses were insanely fast fights because I foolishly used maxed armour and good weapons. I think that they need to look at scaling the bosses as Link progresses to add some challenge.

It is still insanely fun to play and I find random new ways to entertain myself each session. More random adventure entertainment than Witcher 3 which was the last game that are so much of my time.

Random note: I read somewhere that the hero weapons can't be repaired but in taking to the villagers it sounds like all for can be replaced with diamonds and flint so use the other gemstones for cash and save those.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I don't even think the racial weapons are worth using. The Zora one sucks, the Gerudo one is like 32 damage, etc.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
The Rito village bow is kinda ok, and the Goron two-hander is 60 damage which isn't bad. The other two do kinda suck though.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
They all suck, lynels drop better for every category. Plus the materials needed to remake them is too much

• 1Solidarity

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Not sure why I watched this as I'm staying away from spoilers but the late night and curiosity got the best of me.... interesting nevertheless but careful in case you do not want to know!!!!!

The following is a video about the completion rewards...

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm sooooooo gonna spoof the Majora's Mask unreleased amiibo.
I've been doing this daily since I've not actually gotten around to playing the game much past what I did before Horizon came out. Getting anything good from the chests seems exceptionally rare, but at least you can save scum for your one item a day. Not sure how overpowered the Majora's Mask set is. All the other sets of armor from amiibo chests are pretty much just cosmetic and a bitch to upgrade from what I understand, but the Deity set has a bonus and each piece has attack up on it.

Probably not anywhere as ridiculous as a 20 heart Wolf Link following you around, but it doesn't seem like something I'd use until pretty far into the game.

Malkav

French Madman
I've been doing this daily since I've not actually gotten around to playing the game much past what I did before Horizon came out. Getting anything good from the chests seems exceptionally rare, but at least you can save scum for your one item a day. Not sure how overpowered the Majora's Mask set is. All the other sets of armor from amiibo chests are pretty much just cosmetic and a bitch to upgrade from what I understand, but the Deity set has a bonus and each piece has attack up on it.

Probably not anywhere as ridiculous as a 20 heart Wolf Link following you around, but it doesn't seem like something I'd use until pretty far into the game.

I heard the other solution is just to go offline and change your system time by adding a day.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So Amiibo's give actual good gear? How do I spoof these things? My brother just bought some device that holds 200 Amiibos for 40 bucks. Is there a way I can do this without buying anything, if I have a jailbroken Wii U?