The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There's two packs on MEGA:

1. MEGA - You want the two [3AZ] XX ones from the Clean Spoofed Amiibo folder and [ZTP] 01 - Wolf Link [Max Hearts] from the Clean Powersaves folder. Wolf Link with 20 hearts seems rather ridiculously OP, but not sure if he keeps up with the harder parts of the game.

2. MEGA - Just grab the Most Complete Amiibo Set 7-zip file. The relevant ones for BotW are everything in the Zelda folders and Super Smash Bros: 05, 13, 22, 23, 41.

Not sure what you need to do from there, since I don't know what device you have. I use the thing spronk mentioned a few pages back (Action Replay Power Saves for Amiibo). I load them one at a time onto the "Power Tag" that came with it and then use that on the Gamepad with the Amiibo Rune in game.

Amusingly after all the talk about the Switch having problems keeping joycons connected, I am able to bring my Wii U Gamepad downstairs to my PC and it stays connected through a ceiling, 2 walls, and my chair/body. Since you can play on the gamepad only, it's a lot more convenient than running back and forth each time I need a new amiibo loaded.

P.S. SSB Link (OoT) is how you get Epona. Make sure you summon right at a stable and immediately register her. You will always get Epona on the first summon and that's it.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
So Amiibo's give actual good gear? How do I spoof these things? My brother just bought some device that holds 200 Amiibos for 40 bucks. Is there a way I can do this without buying anything, if I have a jailbroken Wii U?

if he bought a powersaves, it has a tag device that can hold one amiibo at a time - the powertag. Its essentially a flash drive that can store one amiibo data. You can take any of the .bin files from the two mega packs vorph posted and load it onto the powertag, but again only one at a time, and then touch the powertag to the Wii U inside BOTW. You have to select Amiibo as your "sheikah power" (magnet, etc - last one is amiibo) and activate it with your left ZR or whatever paddle, it'll ask you to put an amiibo on and then loot drops from the sky depending on the amiibo. You can cycle through the 4-5 amiibos its worth doing this for, you can see the entire list here:
Zelda Breath of the Wild Amiibo Unlocks | List of Amiibo Items

each amiibo can be "scanned" once per day inside BOTW.

There is no wii u hack that lets you fake any of the amiibo stuff yet afaik, and i looked around earlier in the week a lot.

There are cards that let you load up data, one time, from an NFC phone (iphone, android) and use the android/ios app TagMo and then you can just touch those cards to the wii u gamepad to do the same thing. Thats an alternative if you don't wanna go down the powersaves route, but it does require you to buy NFC215 tags from ebay/amazon and have a phone that can load the TagMo app.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
My Wii U is in my bedroom and the pad will almost make it to my dining room, which isn't all that far.
if he bought a powersaves, it has a tag device that can hold one amiibo at a time - the powertag. Its essentially a flash drive that can store one amiibo data. You can take any of the .bin files from the two mega packs vorph posted and load it onto the powertag, but again only one at a time, and then touch the powertag to the Wii U inside BOTW. You have to select Amiibo as your "sheikah power" (magnet, etc - last one is amiibo) and activate it with your left ZR or whatever paddle, it'll ask you to put an amiibo on and then loot drops from the sky depending on the amiibo. You can cycle through the 4-5 amiibos its worth doing this for, you can see the entire list here:
Zelda Breath of the Wild Amiibo Unlocks | List of Amiibo Items

each amiibo can be "scanned" once per day inside BOTW.

There is no wii u hack that lets you fake any of the amiibo stuff yet afaik, and i looked around earlier in the week a lot.

There are cards that let you load up data, one time, from an NFC phone (iphone, android) and use the android/ios app TagMo and then you can just touch those cards to the wii u gamepad to do the same thing. Thats an alternative if you don't wanna go down the powersaves route, but it does require you to buy NFC215 tags from ebay/amazon and have a phone that can load the TagMo app.
He got this thing: n2elite.com

Malkav

French Madman
I went with the Powersaves thing. Cheaper than the N2, and about the same price as a bunch of NFC215 tags which are weirdly hard to find here.

Denaut

Trump's Staff
I'm not big on pirating, even something like Amiibos. I am perfectly willing to shell out the money for a couple to get the goodies... but they are completely sold out literally everywhere. You cannot buy a single Legend of Zelda Amiibo of any kind no matter how new or old in the entire country.

It is seriously pissing me off. I am trying to give you money Nintendo, get your shit together

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I just need to beat the game so I won't give a shit about all that.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Grab the USB drivers and N2Elite manager for Windows there and you should be all set to use the stuff I linked above. Or use Amiibitz (also on their download page) if you have a NFC phone and want to transfer it from Android.

It looks like the main advantage of N2Elite is that you can load them all onto it and press the button to cycle through them. Which would be more convenient than the 'load tag, use amiibo and save scum until I get a piece of armor, go back to PC and load another tag, repeat' process I have to do with the Action Replay one. You'd just press the button after getting a desirable item and be done with it much quicker. Almost all the time will still be spent save-scumming either way though.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Downed Calamity Ganon. I think I might do some side quests and find the rest of the shrines before I put it down for good. Aint no body got time to find 900 Korok seeds, though. That shit is for the truly autistic.

Archdruid Archeron

the Site Surgeon
<Granularity Engineer>
I finished all 120 shrines, then bagged a half a dozen Lynell, then broke down and finished the main story: I thoroughly enjoyed it all.

Gameplay and world mechanics are hugely fun. The way the world feels alive is amazing. I wasn't bothered by rotation puzzles and really there were only three or four of 120, so the gimmick wasn't overused.

The story had some really good, touching, moments but was nowhere near as good as games like witcher and (presumably) H:ZD. It did well for bridging the old school RPG feel with new ideas, but definitely felt like an old Zelda with a shallow cast. While I learned a fair amount of lore from reading books on tables, etc, but I would love to see them embrace deeper narrative and character development even if only in the stories of the supporting characters.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

YxxanYxxan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Almost done with GR: Wildlands, and I have BOTW on my to-do list. So question to the Wii U owners with some time invested in BOTW: is it worth playing on the Wii U?

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Almost done with GR: Wildlands, and I have BOTW on my to-do list. So question to the Wii U owners with some time invested in BOTW: is it worth playing on the Wii U?

Anything that bothers you about the Wii U version will bother you on the Switch version. If you want to play it, and you have a Wii U, there's no reason not to play it there.

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The frame drops really annoy me but the game is by no means unplayable. I'm at ~50 hours played, ~75 shrines, and 2.5 divine beasts in at this point. I think I'm gonna collect the rest of the memories and head to the finish. It's been a great experience, but even Lynels are trivial now, so the enjoyment is largely diminished for me.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Aint spoiling taging this- but there are 2 korok seeds at the top of hyrul castle, one in the top bell tower and then yes.. one at the VERY VERY VERY TOP - link does a cool grab and hold pose tho up at the top- and its the highest point in the game i think.

6X temples, all divine beasts done - still collecting memories.

i only have the 8bit link amiibo my wife got me for vday and the wolf that came with TP - I have been save-farming (save, then summon, check box - load if not what you want) - so far only got the hat and "Sword" lol - its description is funny its like "you feel a wave of nostalgia while you hold it" and "its dangerous without one, so take this" or whatnot lol

- It looks like the sword that is in the zelda 1 art- brown handel hilt - silver blade and a red gem in the pommel - so that's cool, wish it was the "magic sword" though

The game must scale as you do things and get stronger, chests are oft royal / knight level - the Yiga dudes now randomly pop up to attack me - that wind sword they drop is awesome but has the durability of a tree branch.

story / game gripe comment in spoilers

Some memories are totally stupid - and well, I guess they will be better once I can watch them in order... some are awesome... 3 of 4 divine beasts felt generic in terms of story - Zora story is the best and most engaging - Goron was eh as was Gurudo although it had a great memory - Bird people, stupid. They mostly were "this thing is now kinda annoying, can you deal with it random guy" - maybe it was trying to excuse the 100year gap - as apparently now zoras and hylians live forever...but not gorons or bird dudes?

Trying to find the stupid Hyrul castle memory but ended up taking a very different route in and up - was cool and well done...still didn't find it...lol but I climbed to the VERY TOP!

And is it true that 900 seeds = poop? I actually read the description of the seed and it mentions it has a funny smell, its hilarious these stupid things are giving you poopballs

Wayfair or whatever Island - the place that takes all your gear away was VERY fun - even killed the Hynex (or whatever) that was there, that was fun!

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Yeah earlier someone was bemoaning the fact that the game doesn't scale, but it seems to me that it does scale. Not EVERYTHING scales (I just got to the lynel associated with the Zora Divine Beast and it was faaaaar easier than the lynel I've been farming in the wild), but creatures on the outer regions of the continent are consistently dropping Knight/Royal gear. There's even a new "silver" color creature (seems to be tougher than black) that's started showing up.

The problem is that the enemies don't scale at the same pace as the player. On the one hand that's good because you want to feel character power progression; on the other hand I feel unkillable (which is boring - especially considering for the first several hours I had to really strategize and be creative because anything that had a "spiked" weapon was going to one shot me).

Maybe my expectations were set too high by how unexpectedly awesome the early game was?

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
The game is awesome on the Wii U. I have no complaints that aren't shared across both platforms.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

1) I cannot believe you are playing Ghost Recon over this in any way, shape, or fashion. Sweet Christ what is wrong with you. :p That game is horrible.
2) I am playing on the Wii U with a pro controller and while there are some slow downs, it looks and plays identical to the switch version.

• 1Smuggly

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Very cool new age Zelda, got it on Wii U.

Gonna play it on and off without spoilers and not beard thru it.

Very, very early game spoiler maybe

The magnet thing is really cool, hope there's more shit like this... don't tell me tho!

• 1Like

YxxanYxxan

Lord Nagafen Raider
1) I cannot believe you are playing Ghost Recon over this in any way, shape, or fashion. Sweet Christ what is wrong with you. :p That game is horrible.

I would like to blame spronk ;). Ever since I "upgraded" the Wii U my daughter claimed it for herself!

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

Yeah earlier someone was bemoaning the fact that the game doesn't scale, but it seems to me that it does scale. Not EVERYTHING scales (I just got to the lynel associated with the Zora Divine Beast and it was faaaaar easier than the lynel I've been farming in the wild), but creatures on the outer regions of the continent are consistently dropping Knight/Royal gear. There's even a new "silver" color creature (seems to be tougher than black) that's started showing up.

The problem is that the enemies don't scale at the same pace as the player. On the one hand that's good because you want to feel character power progression; on the other hand I feel unkillable (which is boring - especially considering for the first several hours I had to really strategize and be creative because anything that had a "spiked" weapon was going to one shot me).

Maybe my expectations were set too high by how unexpectedly awesome the early game was?

yeah, with the blue tunic on you can see HP - usually I am not bum rushing mobs and cannot "see them" but now there is almost always at least 1 - 2 black level baddies tossed into any gathering of goobers- looksing at HP bars behind a rock its funny, 38/38 45/45 45/45 650/650 150/150 45/45 lol - usually now I can just lulz run in and my random sword swipes will clear out the nubs while I face down the harder ones.

You do get fairly op once you have a stache and supply of good weapons, your armor is running 30+ - however you can still get killed if you do not pay attention - deff if the higher level guys have spears...fucking spears...

Still looking for the Hylian sheild