The Mandalorian

Caliane

i mean, lucas had some absolutely bonkers ideas that would have killed off the series as well. just, in completely different ways.
alot of people 100% gloss over the insane dumb shit in the cartoons which Lucas himself was part of. and the EU in general, even when saying how the EU has so much source to pull from.
There is just as many landmines of fiction breaking dumb shit in those, as TLJ.

Like, the question of Jedi flipping around. Being monks, or being acrobats.
Yet Sith are literally called Witches, wizards and Sorcerers half the time. and straight up have D&D magic powers. Sometimes it works... Other times you have the clone wars cartoon with Force gods, and Sith Witches sitting around cauldrons boiling potions, and casting spells.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
4j4dr1laqf661.jpg

• 15Worf
  • 7Like
Reactions: 21 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I still don't get why the stone Grogu sat on a few episodes ago glowed with all that runic crap.

I mean, we've never seen anything like that before from Jedi and I'm fairly certain they don't have their own special runic language.

Yeah, it was a plot driver and him sitting on a boring old normal rock would have had no punch whatsoever but hey.

Also, as awesome as the last episode was the one thing I would have changed would have been to put some cool version of Luke's Theme in there rather than that weird theme they went with. It didn't work.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I still don't get why the stone Grogu sat on a few episodes ago glowed with all that runic crap.

I mean, we've never seen anything like that before from Jedi and I'm fairly certain they don't have their own special runic language.

Yeah, it was a plot driver and him sitting on a boring old normal rock would have had no punch whatsoever but hey.

Also, as awesome as the last episode was the one thing I would have changed would have been to put some cool version of Luke's Theme in there rather than that weird theme they went with. It didn't work.
Good point, they could have used the same notes but at a different pace through the episode and just at the end it would align perfectly to Luke's theme.
I didn't really like Force Stonehenge either but I didn't mind it too much.
I like my Force to be subtle. Feeling what your opponent will do, that kind of shit. Exactly like Luke in this episode or Vader in Rogue One.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
tbh I take back what I said about retconning the sequels. This is the series I want to watch.
2pbdy2q9ee661.jpg

• 10Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 10 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
so I was completed off Star Wars for years, still haven't watched episode 9, but binged season 1 and 2 of this over the past two weeks... I know there are a couple of cartoon shows (Rebels and Clone Wars?), so which one should I start with? I am back to nerding out on SW, need my fix.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

The planet Tython was also pre Jedi Order. It is where the original force wielders that turned into the Jedi started.

Pretty sure they played the Twin Suns kinda theme.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
so I was completed off Star Wars for years, still haven't watched episode 9, but binged season 1 and 2 of this over the past two weeks... I know there are a couple of cartoon shows (Rebels and Clone Wars?), so which one should I start with? I am back to nerding out on SW, need my fix.
Watch The Clone Wars and then Star Wars Rebels after and you are caught up. There is another emo cunt animated show (Forces of Destiny) but by all accounts its terrible. All of its on Disney+ if you have it, torrents otherwise.

I'm watching Clone Wars right now and on season 4 (7 seasons total, last 3 seasons are just 12 episodes each) and its pretty good.

Its nowhere near as good as Mando, about half the episodes are pure kid shows ("the adventures of R2D2" kinda stuff) but a quarter of the episodes are SUPER dark and grim, like "what the fuck how is this is a kids show". Its great character backstory for Ahsoka Tano, Anakin, clone troopers, Boba Fett, and other randos we've seen in Mandalorian and movies.

I've heard there is a list of 44 must watch clone wars episodes, so if time is short thats an option, but I'm just watching while I play Demons Souls and Call of Duty.

• 2Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Deepfakers took their shot

i was JUST coming on to post that.

the image itself is much better, i think, but there's still some problems with the mouth feeling like a prosthetic...

• 2Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The kids show aspects of Clone Wars fade away significantly by S4 and are gone completely in S7. Rebels goes kiddy for the first season, then its fairly serious from that point forward. Worth watching ,especially the Thrawn stuff in Rebels, but not required to enjoy Mando.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Clone Wars is great if only because some of the gratuitous scenes.

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The deepfake isnt that much better, just his eyes look more convincing and more lifelike. They have to figure out a program or system to fix the mouth sync. Once they figure that out sky is the limit.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The deepfake isnt that much better, just his eyes look more convincing and more lifelike. They have to figure out a program or system to fix the mouth sync. Once they figure that out sky is the limit.
yeah, the eyes are better, but the face is still floating over that image.

• 1Like