The Mandalorian

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Which is all fine and dandy. I like the actress and if thats the route they wanted to go with the Mandalorians, I wouldnt be completely opposed to it. All this shit keeps coming out about Kennedy and Iger lately - I think we're going to have to see Disney crash and burn a lot more before they really start to make changes to the way they make new media (less woke, etc.).

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Which is all fine and dandy. I like the actress and if thats the route they wanted to go with the Mandalorians, I wouldnt be completely opposed to it. All this shit keeps coming out about Kennedy and Iger lately - I think we're going to have to see Disney crash and burn a lot more before they really start to make changes to the way they make new media (less woke, etc.).
Yeah, I don't have any problems with Sackhoff/Bo-Katan. I would prefer a spin-off show though. Especially since they have enough Mandalorians, besides Din Djarin, to fill out a cast.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob

wonder how much of Pedro's face the movie will have, guy is having a crazy busy year filming TLOU season 2 and starting Fantastic Four

although on TLOU... lol

Cybsled

I wouldn’t be shocked if it was just voice work

Even if they did show his face, it would probably just be a single scene and easier to fit into his schedule

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I wouldn’t be shocked if it was just voice work

Even if they did show his face, it would probably just be a single scene and easier to fit into his schedule
a major theatrical release film, he will be showing his face plenty of times. unless he pulls a Dredd, but i dont think so. actors love themselves too much not to have their mug on screen.

Siliconemelons

I think the movie signals the end of the series though, or did they already say that?

Or the movie is just a big episode and has no real impact on anything...not like anything book-ended by TLJ etc. can go anywhere?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I think the movie signals the end of the series though, or did they already say that?

Or the movie is just a big episode and has no real impact on anything...not like anything book-ended by TLJ etc. can go anywhere?
I think it's supposed to be the capstone to the Mandoverse era.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

I think it's supposed to be the capstone to the Mandoverse era.

Right that is what I thought, but I do not keep up to date on anything - thanks.

Then sounds good, should be fun lets, as long as they do not...you know...do what Disney is know for doing... and it being a "movie" invites more control plays from differing internal hands that otherwise have been kept out.

Also why are our taxes subsidizing movies still?

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

They already said this next season is the last.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Also why are our taxes subsidizing movies still?
Not my taxes. That's all california shit.

But the answer is something something economic boon. Something something tourist dollars. Something something world class city. Something something hotel/motel tax rate hike.

Cybsled

Tax credits for filming in your state is bait that states use in the hopes that it results in supporting industry springing up in the state. Movies aren't just actors - they need people in the trades (carpentry/electrical), catering, security, artists. Also, if the location they are in supports it, things like complex sets or studios. If an area becomes a movie making location that lots of people choose, then all that supporting stuff is more likely to exist and be available.

Look at how much shit is filmed in Georgia vs. California, for example.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Its more than that. The productions that turn a profit have been steadily moving from CA/Hollyweird for a while. Look at all the shit done in Canada as far back as two decades ago. CA is a giant tax black hole to support Liberal Nimbys.

Fadaar

That guy
Its more than that. The productions that turn a profit have been steadily moving from CA/Hollyweird for a while. Look at all the shit done in Canada as far back as two decades ago. CA is a giant tax black hole to support Liberal Nimbys.

even further back than that, Boondock Saints was filmed mostly in Toronto but set in Boston

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
even further back than that, Boondock Saints was filmed mostly in Toronto but set in Boston
Jason Takes Manhattan was filmed in canada not in NY. NJ Drive was set in Newark NJ. filmed in Canada. Jason Takes Manhattan was over 30 years ago.
a Christmas Story was filmed in Canada 1983. youll shoot your eye out kid. First Blood too.

Cybsled

Ya places like Vancouver or Toronto were major production sites for years. Vancouver alone became sort of a science fiction/superhero/fantasy filming hub. Stargate, Battlestar, all the Arrowverse crap, etc