The Martial Arts Thread

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
i mean it was a pretty good guillotine choke

Not the same guy. The one who won was steve jennum. Scott Morris was the ninja who got rocked by pat smith in like 3 seconds. That's all I remember him for and when I started to watch your video I was confused because I thought it was his only UFC fight.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Lol Hoss.

You must not visit MMA forum with such knowledgeable insight as that.

The UFC hasn't sorted out Kung Fu and other ineffective martial trash over the past 20 years because "it has rules"?

Wtf.

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean the MMA thread we have here? Yes I do. Do you mean the regular martial arts thread we have here (where I'm posting this)? Then yes I do but it's been dead. Do you mean some other forum dedicated to martial arts? True, I haven't been a regular in a dedicated martial arts forum since usenet days (which is incidentally the glory days of the UFC). These days they all seem to be on facebook and I won't make a facebook account.

Wait...what?

You think ules is whats is stopping monsters from destroying faggot Kung fu guys? COol.

Way to use early UFC where KEITH HACKNEY, Aka White trash guy off the street, wont a match where there were no rules and dick punches ruled.

You are mentally retarded

lol You act like a dick punch somehow disqualifies the victory. If your style doesn't teach you to defend from a dick punch that's a problem with your style. You should wear a cup to compensate. Tank Abbot didn't wear a cup. Someone tried to dick punch him once and it only made his dick harder.

And to be clear, I think anyone who trains for competition the way the UFC fighters do could wreck anyone who does not with pure conditioning. Even if the competition is boxing or wrestling or fencing.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean the MMA thread we have here? Yes I do. Do you mean the regular martial arts thread we have here (where I'm posting this)? Then yes I do but it's been dead. Do you mean some other forum dedicated to martial arts? True, I haven't been a regular in a dedicated martial arts forum since usenet days (which is incidentally the glory days of the UFC). These days they all seem to be on facebook and I won't make a facebook account.

lol You act like a dick punch somehow disqualifies the victory. If your style doesn't teach you to defend from a dick punch that's a problem with your style. You should wear a cup to compensate. Tank Abbot didn't wear a cup. Someone tried to dick punch him once and it only made his dick harder.

And to be clear, I think anyone who trains for competition the way the UFC fighters do could wreck anyone who does not with pure conditioning. Even if the competition is boxing or wrestling or fencing.
Cool bud. Damn those rules from preventing a fake martial art to strectch it’s wings

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Cool bud. Damn those rules from preventing a fake martial art to strectch it’s wings

Fake ones are the ones that do dick punches? I'm just trying to figure out where to draw the line.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Now you are just trolling.

What your talking about isn't real professional combat, its Neanderthal level entertainment. No one cares if your the underground king because of your incredible dick punching ability.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Now you are just trolling.

What your talking about isn't real professional combat, its Neanderthal level entertainment. No one cares if your the underground king because of your incredible dick punching ability.

We're not talking about professional combat you fucking dipshit. If we were I would have brought it to the MMA thread. This started in politics with the portland youth liberation front including BE WATER in their instructions to their members when supposedly preparing for violence. Not professional combatants. That led to a bruce lee gif. Also not a professional combatant. Then Mkopec decided to tell us all he hates kung fu for some reason and it got into the fun chi master empty force strike shit.

Try to keep up.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL I never said I hated anything. I just said that MMA vs Bruce lee, he would get his ass kicked, thats all. Prove me wrong.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
LOL I never said I hated anything. I just said that MMA vs Bruce lee, he would get his ass kicked, thats all. Prove me wrong.
Bruce Lee is the first MMA artist, i don't know how he could beat himself, but i guess he'd find a way

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
No one cares if your the underground king because of your incredible dick punching ability.

I watch a few posters here exclusively for the forum dick punches they hand out.

• 1Worf

Mrs. Haus

Angry Redhead
<Bronze Donator>
Hey, I have a question for the board. What would you recommend as the best martial art for a woman for self defense? The hubby is telling me Krav Maga but someone else told me Brazillian Jujitsu because it focuses more on what to do if your assailant gets you on the ground. Thanks in advance.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
KM is a lot of practical shit to get out of a situation. Rake the eyes, kick the balls, use whatever you can grab as a weapon. Methods to deal with multiple assailants. BJJ is more about one on one confrontation; being able to control/disable someone larger or stronger than you are by leveraging technique. KM would probably feel more immediately empowering but a long term BJJ practitioner would almost certainly be more confident in their personal ability given enough time.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hey, I have a question for the board. What would you recommend as the best martial art for a woman for self defense? The hubby is telling me Krav Maga but someone else told me Brazillian Jujitsu because it focuses more on what to do if your assailant gets you on the ground. Thanks in advance.

The best martial art for a woman is a gun, the training to know how to carry and draw it quickly, and the will to use lethal force. No hand to hand training is going to compensate for the weight and muscle advantage men have over women and anyone who says differently is blowing smoke up your ass.

• 1Like

Mrs. Haus

Angry Redhead
<Bronze Donator>
I have a gun, a stun gun and mace. But I want to know some sort of self defense in case I can't get to my purse or it gets stolen.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I have a gun, a stun gun and mace. But I want to know some sort of self defense in case I can't get to my purse or it gets stolen.
if youre already trained in firearms, then the obvious choice is mo guns
51rhBkXBM7L.jpg

Hoss

<Gold Donor>

It depends more on the instructor than anything else. Best advice is try a lot of different schools. Most martial arts are geared towards men. So you might have a great krav maga school down the street, but if the instructor is afraid to push a girl it won't be any good for you. Nearly every martial art has something worth learning, so you won't be wasting your time spending a few months or a year at each school. Even TKD, (garbage all around) will at least teach you to be aggressive, which is the biggest problem for most girls. Just commit to trying a few different schools before you start because it's real easy for a new martial artist to drink the kool aid.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Hey, I have a question for the board. What would you recommend as the best martial art for a woman for self defense?

Get a pistol permit, and become a proficient shooter, train yourself to be able to shoot without hesitation.

see example:

https://www.kcra.com/52716d1d-f84c-4dc7-af13-cabc6e23639b

A. Self Defense, you have no idea if your opponent is armed, you always want your opponent at a disadvantage. No unarmed martial art can counter knives and guns effectively.

B. As a woman you'll be out classed by any semi in shape guy, this is the truth.

If you start when you're young and train for 10 years non stop six days a week you might be able to get to technical positions on a slob and choke them out, but you're fighting from the disadvantage of size and athleticism, and per point A. you always want your opponent at a disadvantage.

Unless this is you:

1599014681720.png

In which case disregard my previous statements

Modified Response: If you just want to train a martial art:

A1. If you want heavy contact that gives you a feeling of how easily you can be crushed, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Some spazzy retard White Belt will invariably go to hard with you and make you feel how easily you can be crushed and controlled.

B1. If you want to get a work out then in addition to A1, any Boxing program, Muay Thai, Kick Boxing, (certain Krav Maga schools), judo, Wrestling Club (good luck finding one with adult classes)

C1. If you just want to pretend you're doing something useful any old Traditional Martial Art will do.

D1. Ultimately if your State isn't shut down, and schools are open they will have free classes, so there's no reason not to try it all. But going two days a week to anything in A1 through B1, will provide you no actual results. To get anything of sufficient value you are training 4+ days a week, and spending every other hour of the day living and breathing the art, and again none of this will somehow significantly change the physiology of a 90 lbs woman filled with estrogen.

Bonus E1* If you're at all young and attractive than Mr. Haus should train with you because the proclivity for you to get hit on at a gym is high. Unless that's what you're looking for.

One final note on Female Self Defense:

My soon to be Father in Law is a Gun Nut and has been shooting for 30+ years.

I have been training BJJ, and athletic training for 8+ years.

My soon to be wife has no interest in doing either of these things, so you Mrs. Haus, are already leaps and bounds ahead of most of your sex.

Last edited:

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>

If your purse gets stolen, and you have a gun in that purse, then you are fucked.

What's worse than not having a gun? Giving a gun to an assailant who originally didn't have one.

Kinves, Guns, not losing your knives/guns, and being able to run really fast.

A good knife (dagger) style for a woman, as it is harder to disarm (may be illegal depending on if you live in a State doesn't want to give women the ability to fight back).

1599017604499.png

Last edited:

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Now do knitting. Find a video from some woman who gave up knitting because the knitting circle was mean to her.