The Oscars Best Picture fuckup

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Kimmel, production, and others are trying to throw the gaffe on the elderly slow man, and completely ignore the fact that the woman is the one who read the card off.

Production backstage was still under the impression that Warren caused the gaffe, a floor producer was heard questioning the narrative I guess, indicating production had not taken full responsibility for the mistake and may not intend to take responsibility.

So the problem is there is multiple sets of envelopes. This screenshot exonerates Warren, as if he isn't already exonerated.

Warren exonerated.jpg

That ain't no Best Picture in his hand. He's holding "La La Land", just as he said.

The woman presenter should have paused when he paused, instead of quickly rushing to insult him, saying he's being stupid/acting like an idiot.

She went for a feminist jibe you'd expect on a man-hating sitcom like Everybody Loves Raymond, trying to Mary Sue this shit-- and it backfired big time.

*MIC DROP*

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
Kimmel, production, and others are trying to throw the gaffe on the elderly slow man, and completely ignore the fact that the woman is the one who read the card off.

Production backstage was still under the impression that Warren caused the gaffe, a floor producer was heard questioning the narrative I guess, indicating production had not taken full responsibility for the mistake and may not intend to take responsibility.

So the problem is there is multiple sets of envelopes. This screenshot exonerates Warren, as if he isn't already exonerated.

View attachment 123513

That ain't Best Picture in his hand. He's holding "La La Land", as he said.

The woman presenter should have paused when he paused, instead of quickly rushing to insult him, saying he's being stupid/acting like an idiot.

She went for a feminist jibe you'd expect on a man-hating sitcom like Everybody Loves Raymond and tried to Mary Sue this shit-- and it backfired big time.

*MIC DROP*
I wonder if this is the Hollywood version of a hit job, obviously not Clinton style. Mariah Carey comes to mind on New Years.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I wonder if this is the Hollywood version of a hit job, obviously not Clinton style. Mariah Carey comes to mind on New Years.

I did a little research, checking for the obvious Mel Gibson angle.

And well he was raised Baptist and was said to have more chutzpah than any natural born Jew. There was a lot of pent up jealousy in Hollywood, and he is now at that vulnerable age knocking on deaths door. What better time for the Talmud to strike.

I think the intent was to throw it on Warren Beatty, and we'll see if it sticks. They certainly have gone out of their way to bury him, and security demanded the envelope backstage, he smartly declined and said it belongs to the Moonlight people so they can have their envelope, since even though its wrong, its technically their envelope because it was for their Oscar. I'd say he's got plenty of brain left ;)

Ray Romano, he is not.

Warren—it was obvious the first time I saw him—wanted it all and wanted it his way. Why not? He had the energy, a very keen intelligence, and more chutzpah than any Jew I've ever known. Even more than me. Bright as they come, intrepid, and with that thing all women secretly respect: complete confidence in his sexual powers, confidence so great that he never had to advertise himself, even by hints.[21]

• 2Like

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Isnt it partners from PWC that have the cards backstage? So sounds like PWC might be getting fired in the future.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oscars just proving how much of a joke they are.

Also, anyone else find it strange that last year there was the whole #OscarsSoWhite thing, and this year a shit load of awards go to the "black movie?"

I guess on the plus side, most people seem to be getting tired of Hollywood sucking their own dicks.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I understand part of the logic for having two sets of envelopes, that people can enter from either side of the stage, but it still seems like a rather obvious failure vector. I bet next year they just have one central location where the presenters and/or the minions have to get the envelope before walking out.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It looked to me like Warren realized he had the wrong envelope, didn't know what to do, showed it to whatshername and she just saw the words "La La Land" on the paper and said it without really looking at it. Sadly I watched that and as soon as she read it I changed the channel since I didn't want to hear any more celebrities blathering so I missed the whole shit show. I didn't watch the show, I just checked in on it from time to time so I could see the big ones at the end. The guys on the movie podcast I listen to thought that Moonlight was only nominated as an overcompensation for the #oscarssowhite drama last year and the movie wasn't really that good so I'm kind of surprised that it won but I'm just taking their word for it since I haven't seen it.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Great to see affirmative action at play this year at the Oscars. I guess it was inevitable after the SJW/media outrage over not enough black people being handed an Oscar last year.

• 1Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
the fake news is hilarious, iranian director was banned because of trump's travel ban! meanwhile they were celebrating blocking it. the truth was, this fucking guy could have come here except the turkish government found some shit on him and wouldnt allow him to fly. i guess trump tells erdogan what to do and he had to stop this one fucking guy.

link?
(and I think you mean the Syrian cinematographer)

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
link?
(and I think you mean the Syrian cinematographer)
yeah you're right, i got my goatfuckers mixed up. still there was no ban, dude totally could have shown up, but chose not to out of protest.

they really shouldnt have blasted warren beatty cuz they handed him the wrong envelope. the only way its his fault is if you blame him for not telling them on live tv they handed him the wrong envelope. if that had happened they probably still would have come up with a conspiracy theory saying he didnt want to read the real winner name. im glad they shit the bed on the biggest award. people who shit on other people need to get their faces shoved in shit sometimes themselves.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Caught Taraji going live during it, and I pressed the pop-up without even thinking about her being there. It was great to get the in-room experience right at the immediate dais-- ground-zero, as it turns out she was seated right up front.

She had Denzel, Samuel Jackson, Nicole Kidman + Karl Urban, and a slew of other people in her immediate area. It was great. She went nuts, some adorable emoting by her.

Her voice and black southern charm made the moment. Denzel could have gave a fuck less. Nicole was great at pretending to care. Taraji was shameless about putting her phone in her face. I'm lolling IRL at the brazenness of her flipping her phone around during the Oscars on random A+ listers. Urban kept his back turned.

As she sobered up from the moment I think she realized people that were not named Samuel L Jackson might not want to be recorded, or in this case, broadcasted live, from the Oscar floor during the ceremony.

She's awesome.
What? Nonsensical, rambling, makes your brain hurt just reading it? Makes assumptions that you know what/who he is talking about, when there is no fucking way you do?

Must be a jayrebb post.

• 1Salty

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Aren't guys from the firm that tabulates the votes supposed to be standing RIGHT there in case this ever happens? How the fuck did people make their speeches and all before they came out?

• 1Like

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Aren't guys from the firm that tabulates the votes supposed to be standing RIGHT there in case this ever happens? How the fuck did people make their speeches and all before they came out?
They are. The PricewaterhouseCoopers are right off stage with a small table handing off the envelopes to the presenters as they come out. No one touches them before that. They have them in a locked case. Pretty sure there was some freakouts going on off stage but the Price people are not in the habit of running out on stage to cut off Warren Fucking Beatty in case someone is making a joke they are unaware of.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Honestly the only thing better than la la land not winning, is them thinking they won and having it ripped away.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Does anybody but women and gay men even like musicals? I'd rather drink bleach than sit through one.

• 7Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Does anybody but women and gay men even like musicals? I'd rather drink bleach than sit through one.
It wasn't a bad movie. It wasn't Best Picture material at all, but it was pretty good. Book of Mormon, Hamilton and a few others are certainly worth it if you get the chance to see them.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like