The Penguin

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Penguin had multiple different schemes intertwined and switched gears on the fly when he saw the ring in the trunk but gets no credit because the twitter simps lap up the stuttering kid.

Batman did jack shit and Riddler destroyed part of Gotham. He was incompetent fuck-up that whole movie; meanwhile Colin's acting his ass off and the writers are giving him plenty to work with.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sevens

Log Wizard
Prisoners is a great film, as is Enemy, but like @DickTrickle pointed out, he may play a different type of character, but he's still Jake in every film.

I would say night crawler probably his best performance. He was radically different in that film than any other movie that I remember him in.

Still enjoy his films, he's not on the same ballpark as somebody like Daniel Day-Lewis, but there aren't a lot of people that are.
I think a lot of the "sameness" is them being type cast or the writers/directors leaning to the star when they are cast.
If you have ever seen Sling blade you know how great of an actor Billy Bob can be, but pretty much every role he does now is Billy Bob.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I think a lot of the "sameness" is them being type cast or the writers/directors leaning to the star when they are cast.
If you have ever seen Sling blade you know how great of an actor Billy Bob can be, but pretty much every role he does now is Billy Bob.
Yeah, you're probably right. Maybe it has something to do with just being able to go on cruise control, get a script, get a part, get a check, just be you.

Sling Blade is a pretty good example of that acting transformation I was talking about. Really shows his range, and still one of his best films.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah, you're probably right. Maybe it has something to do with just being able to go on cruise control, get a script, get a part, get a check, just be you.

Sling Blade is a pretty good example of that acting transformation I was talking about. Really shows his range, and still one of his best films.
It's much like bands that had a hit song and then they make another song that sounds a lot like that song hoping it's a hit too. It's about the moolah.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The first episode was good enough to warrant watching the second, but I can easily see this series getting stale very, very quickly.

I can't put my finger on it, but something about the Penguin character doesn't work for me when the character has so much screen time. Also, I'm not yet sold on trying to humanize him. Maybe it'll pay off later when contrasted against all Cobblepot's insane behavior.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I really like the show but I'm tired of the bad parents situation growing up trope. Some people are just that way. I got the least affection and both my bothers are passed away or in jail while im fine

Last edited: