The "Shit I just bought" thread

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I have just decided to drink all coffee black from now on, because powdered creamer is the devil.
I've actually just stopped drinking work coffee and go to Dunkin. The caramel mocha mix...
bro do you even know what black coffee means

i switched to black a few years ago. work had the most awful coffee, cream & sugar did nothing but make it taste like bad cream & sugar. black it actually wasn't as bad. had that burnt taste if you know what i mean? not a dark dark roast, i dunno.
Happens often in offices. It's what happens any time you leave your coffee on top of a hot plate. It continues to evaporate and concentrate the flavor. It's why most preferred methods of coffee making don't have continual heat sources.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Happens often in offices. It's what happens any time you leave your coffee on top of a hot plate. It continues to evaporate and concentrate the flavor. It's why most preferred methods of coffee making don't have continual heat sources.
True, higher end pour over coffee will have thermal carafe's instead of your basic glass carafe. (thermal carafe is basically an insulated carafe, thermos w/ a handle basically)

But you get "burnt" taste cuz the coffee is being scorched to high heaven. Optimal coffee brewing temp is 195 to 205f ('Merica fuck you celius), most coffee machines are usually brewing at 160 to 180, this is where "weak" coffee comes from. Then you just have coffee machines that pour boiling water over the coffee (water boils at 212f), this is where "burnt" coffee comes from (also badly roasted beans can carry the burnt flavor/taste).

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Drove 40 miles today to wind up buying a piece of D-loop material, kinda like paracord but smaller - a whopping 12" long for $2.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Just bought a bunch of Blu-Rays I've been wanting. Complete Star Trek TNG, Complete Wire, Complete Sopranos, Complete Deadwood, and Complete Spartacus. Some Scream Factory releases as well.

Last edited:

Feien

Ploppers
Just got a new camera + gear bag by f-stop gear. When I bought it I thought it was horribly expensive, but after testing it out, it's definitely the best bag I've owned, and my back agrees it was money well spent.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
It was a little bit ago, but I recently bought this bag
Code:
https://smile.amazon.com/Bag-Holding-Messenger/dp/B003MAFFHS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470159972&sr=8-1&keywords=bag+of+holding
to carry tablets, kindle, lunch, etc. in. Absolutely love it, and it is slightly nerdy as well. The magnetic "snaps" are awesome. Highly recommend it unless you need something more professional looking.

EDIT: It keeps changing my amazon link to a media link. Working on fixing it, gimme a sec.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Arrived from Amazon this day: two 14/3 100 ft yellow lighted extension cords, 2 wonder wheel extension cord winders and some Sand and Sable cologne. It is inexpensive cologne, but I have worn it as my scent for years - G loved it....everyone I hug tells me I smell great and I hug a lot of people so I am keeping it as my scent.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I bought a die. you show up at my desk unannounced and require help my THAC0 is 2.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Two LG G5s are sitting at my door. I'll let you know how they work out. I picked them because a removable battery is getting really sparse lately. I like removable batteries.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Two LG G5s are sitting at my door. I'll let you know how they work out. I picked them because a removable battery is getting really sparse lately. I like removable batteries.
Hell yeah, i now see poke dorks walkin around my neighborhood with a phone out and wire to their pocket, battery packs must be a banging seller now.