The "Shit I just bought" thread

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
It's not my fault she has the taste of a peasant!

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah damn, I am definitely going to order that pressure cooker thing very soon. I am lazy as fuck and when I finally decide to make something decent I don't like waiting forever, so this is perfect. On top of that, I love poached eggs on toast, and it says 3 minutes for poached eggs! That's barely enough time to make the toast!

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I am usually skeptical of magic kitchen gadgets but this one intrigues me. If it really poaches eggs that quickly and doesn't overcook them that alone would be worth the price to me. 10K+ reviews on Amazon and it's at 4.5 stars. That's a pretty strong recommendation.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I am usually skeptical of magic kitchen gadgets but this one intrigues me. If it really poaches eggs that quickly and doesn't overcook them that alone would be worth the price to me. 10K+ reviews on Amazon and it's at 4.5 stars. That's a pretty strong recommendation.

It's just a smart electric pressure cooker.

Alton Brown's Eggs Under Pressure

I'd get it too, if i didn't hate "gadgets" and stuff taking up countertop space

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was skeptical of it as well when my wife said she wanted to order it.

Like I said though, we have 2 now and pretty much have exclusively cooked with them for the last 2 months.

I will admit I was a little misleading with the cook time, especially the eggs. They "cook" in about 4 minutes, but it does take a few minutes to pressurize. All in all though, it's less than 10 minutes still. Haven't done poached eggs, but I'm intrigued and may try to do eggs benedict or something.

Meat though, especially tougher cuts like pork butts, are absolutely amazing. I have a smoker too, and I love it, but it's a giant pain in the ass in comparison (and it's incredibly easy since you don't do much).

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Okay fuck it, I'm ordering one. a_skeleton_03 didn't set up the amazon associate thing like I suggested or he would have a couple bucks coming his way.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
I just bought Six Flags season passes for the 2 youngest nephews. Flash sale included parking up grade..it is a gold Season pass for next year plus remainder of this year and it was flipping cheaper than a single day ticket with parking.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I just bought Six Flags season passes for the 2 youngest nephews. Flash sale included parking up grade..it is a gold Season pass for next year plus remainder of this year and it was flipping cheaper than a single day ticket with parking.
This was a big thing when I was in school. Magic Mountain was like 30 minutes away and people loved the season passes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

trex

Queen Bee
Withings-thermometer.png

Obsessed. Plus the days of holding my kids down and shoving thermometers into all their holes while they're screaming is over.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
This was a big thing when I was in school. Magic Mountain was like 30 minutes away and people loved the season passes.
They are great kids...snce G and I did not have children, we got to be the fun aunt and uncle...plus I am counting on them bringing me liquor when I am ancient and in a nursing home. ;)

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
They are great kids...snce G and I did not have children, we got to be the fun aunt and uncle...plus I am counting on them bringing me liquor when I am ancient and in a nursing home. ;)

Hah I am in the same boat. I don't have kids and make a decent living so I get to be the fun cool uncle that spoils them. I love it and they are awesome.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Popped in to a camping store last week to pick up some new hiking pants. Ended up picking up a couple pairs of Kuhl. Only used one of them over the weekend: Kühl Clothing | LIBERATOR CONVERTIBLE PANT in Men Pants

Really liked them. Most of my buds have similar pants, and all spoke very highly of them. Did a 15 mile hike in them up in to some snowy areas, and they performed as expected. Slightly water resistant, but only to a point. Definitely glad I wore gaiters. The pockets on either side of the thigh were great for a can of bear spray on one side and a knife in the other. I would highly recommend them.

While I was there, I also came across these:

Classic Vacuum Beer Growler | 64 oz Stanley Growler

Stanley Stacking Steel Tumblers Set | Four 12 oz Tumblers

They came as a set. On my way through Jasper on the Friday I picked up a growler full of delicious IPA from the local brew pub. I didn't end up cracking it until Sunday, and the beer was still nice and cold. Granted, the air temps were barely above 10C that weekend. The handle on the growler's well designed, letting you hold/pour it with one hand, and hold the cup with the other. The cups were pretty nice for beer and scotch as well, and being color coded's pretty handy. Would also highly recommend.