The "Shit I just bought" thread

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Probably my most nerdy secret obsession with Coheed and Cambria's scifi universe story telling within their albums, the comics for Good Apollo Vol 2 are being released. There was a cover variant version that differs from the Kickstarter version, or whatever, that they're sending out 3 issues at a time. First 3 came in. I don't have a good excuse for being in to it. The concept album idea has always been fun so seeing it taken and run with through everything they do has been neat over the years.

1724163534710.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Volume 7 of "Atlas of Design" is available for pre-order now, along with the other volumes that were out of print for a bit.

These are basically map/cartography awards and a bit of backstory from the person that created them. I love maps so I fucking love these books, but I'm posting them here in case anyone wants to pick up a cool gift for someone.

• 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
Just bought this baby (not the bird pictured but the type)

I will be bringing him home in October (he's too young still to leave his nest)

grey.jpg

images.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I lost some pop up sprinkler heads to thatch. Decided to go to harbor freight and buy their $60 metal detector.

So this thing works, but unfortunately construction waste is a thing. I did locate one but it was kind of a long process.

Also you look pretty gay but what else you gonna do. I do think there's another head missing just based on the spray pattern.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I lost some pop up sprinkler heads to thatch. Decided to go to harbor freight and buy their $60 metal detector.

So this thing works, but unfortunately construction waste is a thing. I did locate one but it was kind of a long process.

Also you look pretty gay but what else you gonna do. I do think there's another head missing just based on the spray pattern.
if you cant find it w/ the metal detector and you have a guesstimate of where it is, try soaking the area w/ 10 or 20 gallons of water so it's super soft and just poke

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I got this for my daughter. Had a work friend stay with us over the weekend, so I set it up yesterday and all of us took turns doing this for about 5 hours. Everyone had a lot of fun with it. My GF and my work friend liked it so much they spent another hour doing it this morning while I was getting my daughter ready for school.

Screenshot_20240909-080351.png

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Just got a Ninja Creami. Cannot wait to get into that thing.
buy the extra containers too imo,
i got one for a friend for a gift and said, "i'm not gonna buy you these extra containers, even tho you'll want it"
after their first batch, they bought more

i believe it was the deluxe, the deluxe and regular creami have different containers, doublecheck that

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I've had two ninja products and they both were overpriced garbage.

I like Ninja products (provided you get them at warehouse store discounts) and they work really well. I wonder why there is such a discrepancy. Same with their Shark brand, they're great for random stuff I don't really want to spend full price on, but way better features than similarly priced random crap at ye olde walmart/target.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I like Ninja products (provided you get them at warehouse store discounts) and they work really well. I wonder why there is such a discrepancy. Same with their Shark brand, they're great for random stuff I don't really want to spend full price on, but way better features than similarly priced random crap at ye olde walmart/target.
so far i've personally had 2
a 8qt pressure cooker/air fryer that failed after a month that i returned

and a countertop oven style air fryer that i've had great success with

Palum

what Suineg set it to
so far i've personally had 2
a 8qt pressure cooker/air fryer that failed after a month that i returned

and a countertop oven style air fryer that i've had great success with
I have a blender that's probably 12 years old and a coffee machine that does cold brew that is like 8 years old. BIL has one of the aio air fryer things he likes. *Shrug*.

Admittedly the creami I have not bothered with even on sale because it's too much like the soda stream where the ROI is too long by time you add consumables and ingredients.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I have a blender that's probably 12 years old and a coffee machine that does cold brew that is like 8 years old. BIL has one of the aio air fryer things he likes. *Shrug*.

Admittedly the creami I have not bothered with even on sale because it's too much like the soda stream where the ROI is too long by time you add consumables and ingredients.
the creami i just saw as novelty cuz i bought it for my friend that has kids and they like sherbert

i really don't see it as something a real adult would use, the preplanning and freezer space alone is stupid