The Theism Thread

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I hear the Amish have a cure for It. Maybe Tom Cruise would know, too
biggrin.png

I'd ask the super if the guy had any family or friends, contact social services etc.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
I thought I was going to get some interesting discussion in this thread. I should have known better.

somewhat interesting:

Religious Freedom in America panel on c-span
http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/Part3R

The Sikh guy reminds me of that small indian comic guy when he speaks.

Troll_sl

shitlord
Sorry, but if your world-view can't keep up, it should rightfully be thrown away. You also can't expect everyone to care about every single one of your arbitrary rules if they're in constant conflict with getting shit done.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
When I was younger me and my friend were putting up some stock in an aisle in our store. This lady with a black cowboy hat came up and said to my friend "I can feel the power of christ within you, you are very pure. There's work for you to do." Then she looked at me and went "Oh my word, you have the devil in you. You are evil, I can't handle this." and she left. What the fuck.

"Agenticity: the tendency to infuse patterns with meaning, intention, agency. That is, we often impart the patterns we find with agency and intention, and believe that these intentional agents control the world, sometimes invisibly from the top down, instead of bottom-up causal laws and randomness that makes up much of our world. Souls, spirits, ghosts gods, demons, angels, aliens, intelligent designers, government conspiracists, and all manner of invisible agents with power and intention are believed to haunt our world and control our lives. Combined with our propensity to find meaningful patterns in both meaningful and meaningless noise, patternicity and agenticity form the cognitive basis of shamanism, paganism, animism, polytheism, monotheism, and all modes of Old and New age spiritualism." -Michael Shermer

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Not sure where else to put this. It's a hidden camera recording of the Mormon Temple endowment ceremony.

Pretty interesting to me, because of my personal history with the church I never made it far enough to see this stuff.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
For those agnostics/atheists, if a global law were put into place stating you had to choose a mainstream religion (i.e. Cthuluism isn't one) or be killed on the morrow, what religion would you choose (assuming you didn't just want to bite it)?

Me, I would base my decision on not any kind of loopholes in the system, but my past dealings with people of faith, and the community I would want to be a part of. I would become either Jewish or Mormon. The jews I've known (all american jews) always seem to be generally calm and enjoy talking life issues through in a logical manner. I had to deal with a bunch of Mormons once, and while I found it really hard to train them while being warned that I couldn't "judge" them, I found them to be very pleasant and overall happy people. The whole multiple wives things is a bonus as well.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For those agnostics/atheists, if a global law were put into place stating you had to choose a mainstream religion (i.e. Cthuluism isn't one) or be killed on the morrow, what religion would you choose (assuming you didn't just want to bite it)?
You just asked that on a gaming forum? You're going to get 90% plus Buddhism.

Anyway. What a stupid quesion.