Vyemm Raider
"So, how many walkers have you killed?"

"uhhh, like, in a video game?"

"How many people have you killed?"

"wtf?"

"Pussies"

Cybsled

I just thought of another angle.

Deane makes Michone and Rick the Police. As police, they are expected to be fair, yes? That means if they are serious, they need to be equal in their upholding the "law" with both their group and the people already in the town.

1) If they police their own, it has the potential to create rifts in their "family". However, this also displays that they are serious to Deana and will help her control of the town. This can also create rifts between Michone and Rick in theory if they don't do it the same way, which hurts the integrity of the group since Michone is basically the 2nd in command for all intents and purposes.

2) If they don't police their own, Deana can call them out on it and threaten to exile them OR put someone else in charge of law enforcement (ie, someone that hates them). She will probably hope that enough of the group will become spoiled by town life and be willing to stay, thus weakening any potential force against her.

I think her end game is she hopes that their family unit splinters, but enough remain loyal to the town so that they are still a useful force for her to use.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I just thought of another angle.

Deane makes Michone and Rick the Police. As police, they are expected to be fair, yes? That means if they are serious, they need to be equal in their upholding the "law" with both their group and the people already in the town.

1) If they police their own, it has the potential to create rifts in their "family". However, this also displays that they are serious to Deana and will help her control of the town. This can also create rifts between Michone and Rick in theory if they don't do it the same way, which hurts the integrity of the group since Michone is basically the 2nd in command for all intents and purposes.

2) If they don't police their own, Deana can call them out on it and threaten to exile them OR put someone else in charge of law enforcement (ie, someone that hates them). She will probably hope that enough of the group will become spoiled by town life and be willing to stay, thus weakening any potential force against her.

I think her end game is she hopes that their family unit splinters, but enough remain loyal to the town so that they are still a useful force for her to use.
i dont agree as they have rick and michonne as constables because they dont have a proper interior force. which means the congresswoman is hoping that she can control rick and crew by giving them anything they want and then using that as leverage if they decide they want to stir the pot. i also like the kidnapping angle. kidnap rick's daughter and you can make him do damn near anything. they already shown him getting upset when the neighbors were looking at her.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I honestly hope it isn't some dumb kidnapping or attempt to separate them scheme. I hope she simply wants them to like it there and integrate into the society, giving the entire town the protection that the small "family" group had. I'm tired of every group being underhanded and devious. For once I'd like them to be genuine (for the most part, obviously ROTC is a douche, etc.) and just realize that they are sitting ducks without some real hardasses protecting them.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
When the show simply depicts what reality would be like in this sort of setting it's pretty good. When they try to do melodramatic shit like making everyone crazy for the sake of drama it gets bad. The community needs help, and Rick's crew needs help. The logical thing that makes sense is the crew cautiously integrates into the community, and the drama stems from the natural tensions between people, zombies, and the gang outside. If they start doing dumb crazy for the sake of drama shit like with the Gov the show will shit the bed once again on this latest direction. There are plenty of natural points of tension they could play on, it's only a matter of whether the writers are going to go that route or do some dumb shit.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I honestly hope it isn't some dumb kidnapping or attempt to separate them scheme. I hope she simply wants them to like it there and integrate into the society, giving the entire town the protection that the small "family" group had. I'm tired of every group being underhanded and devious. For once I'd like them to be genuine (for the most part, obviously ROTC is a douche, etc.) and just realize that they are sitting ducks without some real hardasses protecting them.
hopefully they wont, its already tiring that every place they go has the secret sinister side so maybe they wont play that same card this time. though i can easily see the blonde neighbor or her husband reporting back to the senator clinton, "yeah he seems mostly attached to his daughter (herp derp) he practically freaked out when he thought she was missing. that should be an excellent way to use that to our advantage (cue twirling mustache and exhaling the word excellent)"

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
hopefully they wont, its already tiring that every place they go has the secret sinister side so maybe they wont play that same card this time. though i can easily see the blonde neighbor or her husband reporting back to the senator clinton, "yeah he seems mostly attached to his daughter (herp derp) he practically freaked out when he thought she was missing. that should be an excellent way to use that to our advantage (cue twirling mustache and exhaling the word excellent)"
I'm more hopeful that the hairdresser's husband tries to start some shit and Rick puts him down like Glenn put that little ROTC bitch down, except that it clearly requires lethal self-defense so Rick can still bone her.

And then to veer into fantasy land, Coral bones the emo bitch (in the butt because she's a whiny cunt) alongside him and they high-five. And Glenn bones Maggie just because she's still a righteous piece of ass. Not wanting to feel left out, Moustache bones Hotty McHotPants too. And Darryl jerks off to the memory of Beth.

There, I've pretty much just written the greatest episode of Walking Dead ever!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm more hopeful that the hairdresser's husband tries to start some shit and Rick puts him down like Glenn put that little ROTC bitch down, except that it clearly requires lethal self-defense so Rick can still bone her.

And then to veer into fantasy land, Coral bones the emo bitch (in the butt because she's a whiny cunt) alongside him and they high-five. And Glenn bones Maggie just because she's still a righteous piece of ass. Not wanting to feel left out, Moustache bones Hotty McHotPants too. And Darryl jerks off to the memory of Beth.

and then senator clinton dykes out with carol and ruins the whole thing!

Oldbased

> Than U

That's pretty much the amount of fucking around that happened in the comics.
I'm curious how many people in Alexandria they show compared to the comics, but Rick will kick( kill ) some asses and probably as soon as this next Sunday or maybe not. We'll see which direction they take the show.
Didn't spoiler it since they could take the show in a different direction, but I think most here already see what's going on. They showed it really well.

Cybsled

I think Rick will kind of stay the course until it becomes clear the community has a giant bulls-eye on it. He will then give his input (ie, if we aren't running, then we need to hunker down and prepare for war). Deana will probably want to do some negotiating thing, which Rick realizes is a bad idea because he will understand the people they are dealing with are psychos. When the plans turn to shit, Rick will try to take the reigns.

Well, unless they decide to negotiate Corbin Dallas style ;p

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Yea, I don't think the congresswoman is being devious at all. She's truthful that they need Rick and his people, because she knows they are stronger then them. They need some muscle, as it were. The trade off being the community provides creature comforts and a safe place for them.
This whole episode was basically straight out of the comic, but Rick's delivery of the line at the end came off a bit different, more threatening, then it did in the comic. He meant it like 'well, worst case scenario, if these people fuck this up, we'll take it over and fix it' but in the show it came across like 'if we don't like how they are doing things, we'll just take over'.
That might mean they wanna take the story in a bit different direction to keep us comic readers on our toes, which is fine obviously. I just hope they don't make Rick so much of an asshole he can't be redeemed.

Cybsled

Asshole Rick/Ricktatorship is what is needed to survive sometimes. One of the main things I noticed about the town is that while they have walls, the walls aren't too helpful vs. humans (that girl was able to get past it with a few wooden sticks). It also doesn't seem like they have any watch towers of note or vantage points (except maybe some of the houses) which would allow them to defend the town from the walls. Basically, the walls are fine vs. zombies (which was their main purpose), but it needs a lot more fortifying to protect it from bandits.

edit: lol, better take those pics down ;p Anyways, Deana is played by Tovah Feldshuh apparently (she was on Law and Order).

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I think the direction it goes is highly dependent on the writer's opinions of Hilary Clinton.

Will she resist giving up control or realize it's what is best for everyone?

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Daryl had me laughing a few times during the episode. Like during the interview and he doesn't sit, instead he's pacing the room holding the dead Possum.

And then he butchers the thing out on the front step of the MacMansion.

He's going to be the one that 100% resists relaxing or changing to fit in at Alexandria.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
I think she is going to try to have Daryl removed or try to turn Rick against him since Daryl is not conforming.
"Rick, we will need to release Daryl, he is not a fit for this community, since you are acting Sheriff, please make it so"

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
That's pretty much the amount of fucking around that happened in the comics.
I'm curious how many people in Alexandria they show compared to the comics, but Rick will kick( kill ) some asses and probably as soon as this next Sunday or maybe not. We'll see which direction they take the show.
Didn't spoiler it since they could take the show in a different direction, but I think most here already see what's going on. They showed it really well.
Considering how close they seem to be following the Alexandria story I don't think anything from the comics should be exposed in this thread. This thread needs to become a pussyshit free zone.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Daryl wouldn't have fit in at Alexandria before the zombies. He didn't have to change much to survive on the outside, heh.

He's going to start feeling useless again now that people won't starve without him. He'll probably make some comical awkward attempts to fit in.

(the possum, lol)

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I was cracking up with him just swinging the possum around by the tail during his interview. Then gutting it on the front porch. It is just funny that Alexandria is a "return to normal" for everyone EXCEPT for Daryl who his normal felt more like being outside and surviving. So good call on that Kreugen.