Thor: Ragnarok (2017)

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Mostly because for whatever reason she really was not liking the role and the movie and was becoming very difficult to work with in regards to these films. Better to just let her go.
Didn't the Star Wars people say the same about her? No wonder you don't see her in anything any more.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
rrr_img_134668.jpg
rrr_img_134670.jpg

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Epic sidestep.

Thor beat Destroyer and your primary complaint about the movie is proven invalid via logic and precedence (Thor beating Destroyer in every instance is a plot device) but you don't want to admit it.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Spider-Man was supposed to just be starting out and owned everyone with relative ease despite his awkwardness.

I didn't have a problem with it. These movies are supposed to be fun. When they forget that, we get BvS. Also those people need to recognize Spider-Mans role was really a 45 minute commercial to launch his franchise. They did good.
Yeah, Spider man made sense. The reality is, powers are homogenized--Cap/Soldier ect are just stronger in this universe. Iron Man/Hulk/Thor are weaker. The general rankings are the same (In terms of strength, speed, the hierarchy from he comics remains)--but they are shifted closer relative to each other. Spider Man was clearly stronger and faster than most of the heroes, but Cap out fought him. Which is really understandable given he's a 16 year old kid who was extremely intimidated; and, in this universe, the gulf between Cap vs him in terms of strength and speed is much milder (Cap held down a chopper, after all.)

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Epic sidestep.

Thor beat Destroyer and your primary complaint about the movie is proven invalid via logic and precedence (Thor beating Destroyer in every instance is a plot device) but you don't want to admit it.
I'm still waiting on your logic. In the comics, Thor has to do things like teleport the Destroyer into another dimension, defeat the essence of the soul inside the Destroyer, or summon the entire Odinforce to beat it. Has base level Thor ever physically overpowered the Destroyer? I can't recall that ever happenining. The whole point in the comics, is that the Destroyer is the one foe vastly more powerful than base level Thor. In the movie, it is made of an unbreakable metal denser than Vibranium.

(Thor beating Destroyer in every instance is a plot device) but you don't want to admit it.
Thor has beaten the Destroyer every time? Clearly, you are clueless. Here's an idea, read this comic, and come back to this thread. Spoiler alert: The Destroyer kills Thor. That's Thor's soul (after it kills him) and being captured by Hela.

rrr_img_134674.jpg

I'm going to assume you just aren't paying attention, you are drunk/high, or trolling at this point.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Eh..all of you should be able to admit that the fight between Thor and Destroyer was a let down. Now move on.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It was only a let down if you were retarded. There's no way MCU Destroyer could be anywhere near as powerful as its comic book counterpart without being the main bad guy of whatever movie it was in. If they ever want to soothe Lyrical's butthurt, they can bring it back and explain that it had some kind of limiter on its powers when Thor defeated it the first time, or some crap about how being on Midgard made it weaker or Loki's control of the Destroyer was imperfect and that's why it was so much weaker.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Eh..all of you should be able to admit that the fight between Thor and Destroyer was a let down. Now move on.
I don't get the trolling over it, it's kind of a stupid thing to try to champion. Kurse and Malekith in Thor 2 provided a better challenge, and they shouldn't have. Forget the comics, where the Destroyer is 100x more powerful than they are. The movies established the substance the Destroyer is made out of is tougher than Vibranium, but didn't establish that Dark Elves have a hide tougher than Vibranium. And we would have no reason to expect their hides to be that dense. It's not internally consistent even in the MCU, yet alone the actual lore.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
There's no way MCU Destroyer could be anywhere near as powerful as its comic book counterpart without being the main bad guy of whatever movie it was in.
The only retard around here is you. The Destroyer didn't need to be near as powerful as the comic, just more powerful than to be one shotted. Certainly there is a more reasonable place in the middle of the spectrum in between the two extremes. They spent so much time building up the conflict, and then it ended prematurely (just like you do in bed).

Shitty writing is shitty writing. Thor is my favorite Marvel comic, but Thor 1 is my least favorite MCU movie. Thor 2 was much better.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was disappointed with Thor 1 due to the fight with Destroyer being less than I hoped. I was disappointed with Thor 2 even more. My first experience with Thor comic was during the Surtur/Ragnarok arc, so when I heard that Thor 2 would have Maelkith...I thought they were going to start that...but nope. I'm optimistic about Thor 3 due to the cast, and I'm really curious how they will bring these characters together.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was disappointed with Thor 1 due to the fight with Destroyer being less than I hoped.
When I was a kid, I always got extra excited to see Juggernaut or Destroyer on the cover of Thor, because you knew it was going to be a crazy fight. I didn't expect the Destroyer to be one shotted in Thor, in the same respect that I didn't expect Juggernaut to be one shotted in X3 (he wasn't).

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah it definitely would have made sense to have an extended fight scene with the destroyer right before the climactic fight scene with Loki.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm still waiting on your logic. In the comics, Thor has to do things like teleport the Destroyer into another dimension, defeat the essence of the soul inside the Destroyer, or summon the entire Odinforce to beat it. Has base level Thor ever physically overpowered the Destroyer? I can't recall that ever happenining. The whole point in the comics, is that the Destroyer is the one foe vastly more powerful than base level Thor. In the movie, it is made of an unbreakable metal denser than Vibranium.

Thor has beaten the Destroyer every time? Clearly, you are clueless. Here's an idea, read this comic, and come back to this thread. Spoiler alert: The Destroyer kills Thor. That's Thor's soul (after it kills him) and being captured by Hela.

rrr_img_134674.jpg

I'm going to assume you just aren't paying attention, you are drunk/high, or trolling at this point.
So Thor -ever- beating the Destroyer is a plot point. Which is exactly how it was enacted in the movie. Ok, I guess I'm both drunk and high to see that something that is clearly plot-armor specific in comics is also plot-armor specific in the movie?

I've read a shitload of Thor comics, and outside of Deadpool he's by far my favorite. Has him beating the destroyer (you know, what we're talking about) ever -not- been plot oriented?

I'm not sure we are talking about the same stuff, nor are you and I arguing for the same topics. Thor has only ever beaten Destroyer as a plot device. Thor beating Destroyer in the movie was a plot device. How is this different?

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
The movies have taken off since The Avengers. Thor 1 was before that. If made in today's standards, the Destroyer fight would have been lengthy and badass.

Portman is cardboard. Hasn't been good in anything and has be of the worst in almost everything. She's decent when playing generic girl, because that's what she is. She has little range. It's disappointing because she has the look some want, but she doesn't have the chops so she should be chopped. She's JLaw territory, but worse. We gave those actors/resses a try/multiple tries and they've failed. Join Topher.

With that said, Avenger's Hulk had been of my favorite and I want moar. Tagging him with Thor is perfect, a pleasant surprise. I repeat the phrase "pseudo Planet Hulk". I expect them to fight, and I expect it to be glorious. My friends have been wanting Thor to let loose and on Hulk he may. And inbetween the action, there is room for plenty of banter.

Color me excited.

Edit: Why can't I open spoilers from this website, on the Droid?

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not only that, but they won't be on a fragile Helicarrier this time.
Oh, I imagine the backdrop to offer lots of cool interactions like a fighting game of busting through exotic things and mythical extras getting trampled under the crossfire.