Thor: Ragnarok (2017)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
[CONTAINER][POSTER]
kVSQZgHlUQ7MFfMadfwJyGXuxTX.jpg
[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: Thor: Ragnarok (2017)

Tagline: We Should Fight

Genre: [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Taika Waititi[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Chris Hemsworth[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tom Hiddleston[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mark Ruffalo[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Cate Blanchett[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tessa Thompson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Karl Urban[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jeff Goldblum[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Anthony Hopkins[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Idris Elba[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jaimie Alexander[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lou Ferrigno[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ray Stevenson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tadanobu Asano[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jasper Bagg[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Benedict Cumberbatch[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2017-10-26[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Thor must confront other gods when Asgard is threatened with Ragnarok, the Norse Apocalypse.[/MOVIE][/CONTAINER]

Chris-Hemsworth-Thor-Ragnarok.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Thor standalone movies have been the weakest of the Marvel movies by far. There's a lot of potential for the Hulk/Thor duo, here's hoping it delivers.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Thor standalone movies have been the weakest of the Marvel movies by far. There's a lot of potential for the Hulk/Thor duo, here's hoping it delivers.

They have definitely been the weakest. However, I will say, Chris Hemsworth fits the character perfectly in terms of looks (no homo) out of any comicbook movie. The casting was perfect

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, Evans and Hemsworth were pretty rock solid from a looks standpoint. I definitely didn't see RDJ as Tony Stark (largely because Iron Man was a boring ass choice in my opinion before the first movie came out. Complete 180 on that opinion, of course) and he's still a tiny dude where Stark is a bit bigger guy in the comics. One thing I can't fault Marvel for, regardless of the questionable story in Cap 1 and the Thors, is their casting choices. Pretty much nothing but homeruns across the board.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Most will probably disagree but I still dont really care for SJ as Black Widow
I would rather watch the Thor movies over IM 2 and 3

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The plot of the Thor movies was pretty weak, but a lot of the dialogue is super tight still, especially in Thor 2. I don't outright hate any of the cast like a lot of people do so that helps I'm sure.

Not that I think they're strong movies, but they sit comfortably in the middle on the laurels of casting and dialogue. If they had decent plots and better pacing they'd be top-tier.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The Thor movies are ok, story were weak but the rest was pretty solid. The cast, and character development and interaction was good.

I think Ragnarok has the potential to be great because it's an awesome storyline. Having the Hulk will be good too since the interaction between Thor and Hulk is great.

Homsar

Im hoping its as much a Hulk movie as it is a Thor movie from the way everyone has been talking about it. Also the villains were pretty lame in the other Thor movies where in Ragnarok we are getting Loki, Urban as Skurge, Goldblum as Grandmaster.

Wonder when we are going to see Temptress

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
By Temptress I think you mean Enchantress? I don't think she's going to be in this one. Skurge is there cuz he had a big part in the Ragnarok storyline in the comic. Also we have Cate Blanchett as Hela for the big female baddy.

Homsar

Yeah I meant Enchantress, for some reason I thought there was a popular character called temptress in comics but I cant find anything really

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
The writers and directors have discussed their frustrations and seem to know Thor is a weaker movie within the MCU. They say the problem, at least in the beginning, is trying to keep Thor's world toned down as they are trying to slowly move the audience into this world where people are gods with power much differently than the other heroes. Apparently Dr. Strange is going to really allow Marvel to begin getting into the cosmic and magical side of the MCU thus making movies like Thor better. I believe I caught a dvd extra or something similar saying they felt going full force with Thor and that world in the beginning would have confused the audience because their biggest stars in the MCU were just people. I'm hoping this Thor is significantly better now that the gloves are off. Hulk being in the movie should help and there's no reason we can't just see some wicked stuff. Dr. Strange should trip everyone out enough to where any movies going forward shouldn't matter.

Jovec

?
The writers and directors have discussed their frustrations and seem to know Thor is a weaker movie within the MCU. They say the problem, at least in the beginning, is trying to keep Thor's world toned down as they are trying to slowly move the audience into this world where people are gods with power much differently than the other heroes.

Not buying it completely. The Marvel and DC power scales are drastically different from comics to movies, and between the movies themselves. Even within the movie universe there isn't much sense. Aliens invade New York? You get the Avengers. Malekith wants to destroy 9 realms? Sorry, you just get Thor.

I think the overall problem is trying to keep the movies from getting completely absurd in terms of power (similar to the Superman problem) and number of characters (not into the comics and I don't want to track 50 or 100 different characters). As long as the movies stay fun and not too absurd with respect to powers, most moviegoers will overlook the little issues.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
I want to see Hulk in Asgard tearing up some shit and mowing them down. Asgardians are strong and long lived, hulks gonna have to get really pissed, these aren't your regular humans to deal with.