Throne and Liberty (Formerly Project TL)

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The problem so far seems to be that so many of the game systems are really designed around "max level". Everything in this feels like total ass until level 50 and once you're there, it's just kinda...meh.

Large Scale/Small Scale PvP is really, really well done though. There was virtually zero input delay/lag in massive PvP battles, which is very encouraging.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I think the game is much better in "classic" mode. Action just seems stupid...play it like WoW and it makes more sense IMO

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is there loot? Loot Farms? And is it good loot or more generic shit?
From cursory glance it super basic. But that's probably what you want in a PvP game. Imagine having to balance around POE's loot system.

The real question is how much do I actually have to pay to play this game. Would be nice to know how much time and money you needed to invest in any game now to make it worth your while. I stay backlogged so I'll drop a game for wasting my time faster then Bubbles can post another Alinity pic.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Upgrading spells should feel more progressive. Some are silly like an extra .1%. Lots are just "here is an extra 20 dmg). Seems they dont really change until later when they upgrade tier. I have a passive as a staff user that has a .011% per mana regen activation rate. Upgrading it it goes up .001 each time. So I start at .011% and max rank is .014. Like why? Or my nuke goes from 120% base + 22 to 120% + 65 at max, 43 dmg increase over 5 levels, which could take a lot of books. Atm its level 4 and one increase uses 4 books, that one increase can do anywhere from 40% of the level to 100%, its rng. So I can use 4 books for 11 pts of dmg or 12 books, and so far they are not that common of a drop).

They should have delayed the beta about a month. Things not in the beta (but will be in launch, will be added to the Korean version within the next few weeks) are the skill systems. You can attach a different set of skill points (100 total at level 50, can refund them at will at no cost) that completely change many of the abilities. Let you move while casting fireballs, turn them into AE, change elements of spells, turn regular melee attacks into AE and so on.

The beta is also running a very old version of the client in terms of camera. Saw mention on a stream where they thought it was the Chinese client and not a Korean one. It's been changed months back on the Korean client.

So the beta is missing some fairly huge things in terms of combat and feel of the game, which is a really bad move considering the praise for the graphics and optimization is fairly universal (loading times when teleporting on the map feel like the Demon Souls remake, flash then you're there ready to go, all assets loaded), however, the combat is where I see the most complaints. So considering the dramatic changes that are coming to it really soon, and is confirmed to be at launch for the world release, it's just strange to release it as is.

It certainly is P2W though. The beta gives you 3000? currency which you can usually buy with money (not in the beta, don't think the full shop is available yet). So you can use some of that to access the premium version of the battle pass. It gives you tons of materials. The Auction house also only lets you buy things with that same currency. So you can pay money to twink? I guess the "nice" thing about it though is that if you find an item you can place on the AH and sell it, you can get the battle pass and such for free since you're paid in the monetized currency and not in game "gold".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I watched a couple quick videos of this and lmao it looks terrible. Everyone shapeshifting furries = nawp keed.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ahh I wasnt aware this was PvP centric game. Yeah so no loot, hard pass.

• 1Solidarity

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Another Korean game hosted by Amazon? Hard fucking pass. AGS is a legit cesspool of complete fucking imbeciles and I seriously can't tell if it's intentional or not because I just can't understand how a company can be this fucking incompetent unless they are trying to be.

• 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well after doing staff + dagger or wand at first. I decided to try something new. Went bow/dagger. I swear it was like night and day. My first character would go through the tree leaf things that your little pet uses to heal you and my self heals constantly to stay alive. The bow guy barely has used any, was able to kill spider guy in the tower thing right away(first char had to gain a few levels). Not sure what it was, both I kept constantly upgraded both skills and armor. Both I dumped dex for crit/evasion.

Much more fun on this character, but I still 90% sure not going to bother with release. A game focused on territory control and pvp just isnt for me these days. Also from talking to a couple 50s in game, a lot of the end game stuff is all limited. Crafting, dungeons, contracts etc. They all have some kind of cap per day, which probably means some way to pay to be able to do more. And any kind of Pay for power in a pvp based game sounds even worse. Is fun to mess around for a couple days to get a break from first descendant and haven't played a new MMO in a long ass time, plus it was free.

This will end and then new PoE league starting that looks really fun.

Last edited:

TairyGreene

Golden Knight of the Realm
Looks like aggresively generic excrement. I see nothing so far that convinces me it'll rise above the slushpile of conceptually vapid, uninspired cash grabs.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I understand if someone doesn’t like PvP but this game has the best performance to graphics ratio I’ve ever seen in an MMO. The combat is serviceable tab target once you play with the settings and get your bindings straight.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I understand if someone doesn’t like PvP but this game has the best performance to graphics ratio I’ve ever seen in an MMO. The combat is serviceable tab target once you play with the settings and get your bindings straight.

I do agree here. Even in mass battle situations, with hundreds running around fighting, it was butter smooth while still looking good. And this was in the open world, not an instance. Both pve or pvp, sometimes a mix of both. Only thing I didn't experience was the siege stuff with territory control.

Pretty sure I was on ultra too, as default. So didn't lower anything.

Last edited:

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've rarely seen a MMO going full 180 twice to Lineage3 > shitty phone game > interesting guild-based PvPMMO.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Still can't tell if this is a good game or not. Played a couple hours, but that wasn't enough and the reviews are all over the place. Has a bit of PTW, especially early on. But I've played and enjoyed worse. It does look good.

I do love massive pvp and I liked Linage 2 back in the day, although this really isn't that. NCSoft / Amazon seem to be invested in trying to win us over.

Just going to have to dive in and waste a month or two figuring it out.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They got rid of the horrendous "camera smoothing" (having slight input delay when moving camera) in latest patch:
1723153994536.png

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
there needs to be an option to disable the icon when you're moving the camera. The two arrow thing is dumb as fuck.