TLP Questions & FAQ - Ask away

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Still a debate. Charm is going to break often. It is a complete bitch to grind 12+ hrs (go to the bathroom at your own risk if you have a pet) ... but the reward is pretty nuts. Especially if you know "what" to charm in zones - it can mean 30-40% more dps on top of crazy mob dps.

Whether you equip for +CHA or not, I don't know if you will see a difference unless your sub 120 or something. You want to be over 120 for max vendor selling anyways.
On Phinney I never geared for CHA, and never had an issue with my enchanter. Would charm break? Of course, but it breaks so much less that it's insane. It's part of what makes it op, is how little charm ever breaks.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
So
On Phinney I never geared for CHA, and never had an issue with my enchanter. Would charm break? Of course, but it breaks so much less that it's insane. It's part of what makes it op, is how little charm ever breaks.
So in your opinion how should a DEF ENC distribute their points?

Reht

Molten Core Raider
It wouldn't hurt - it helps but it doesn't help as much as people anecdotally mention. Cha check is the 3rd check for a charm break, behind level difference between player and NPC followed by MR of the NPC.

Noahx

N00b
Yeah. Getting Tash and Malo on helps a ton. When Tash is wearing off (make a audio alert), its sometimes best to break the charm and redo.

If you are talking about initial distribution - you are best in allocating in a place where you wont hit caps easiest from gear. That said, once you get into 255 buffed etc, you can start messing with +Mana/+HP gear to max pools.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Zaide Zaide Still building groups for initial push? I still won't know until the end of next week if I will be able to get time off or not. If so, what classes are you still needing to fill groups? I am wanting to play SK, Cleric, Monk, or Warrior if possible...

Yeah we're still building groups, I have you down in our list of people who are pending assignment. Keep me posted on your status. Also, all those classes are solid.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah we're still building groups, I have you down in our list of people who are pending assignment. Keep me posted on your status. Also, all those classes are solid.
I am pending as well, only waiting on the date announcement to finalize.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Same.... have to know the date. I'm going to be wide open after Memorial Day but heading out for vacation on June 10th. Hoping we'll hear something soon.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Perfect, so I can level with whatever is easier for my pre made group the race chage to half elf tune diety and get Nature's Defender in Kunark :)

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I don't want to group with anyone who needs maps :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

On second thought... hook me up with new Freeport map.
On third thought... I'm never going into Freeport. Ever.

Naw, I'll probably need a map of Erudin B to be quite honest haha (omg, 4 different wings! Idk what goes where to who!)

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Naw, I'll probably need a map of Erudin B to be quite honest haha (omg, 4 different wings! Idk what goes where to who!)

The names of the wings are over their entrances, and they make sense for the classes they belong to.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
ya in my experience for charming -MR mattered more than CHA but I always made sure to get 190-200 then stop with CHA. Also farming those crude steins from ogre guards was easy cash turn around sell to idiots for 150-200p a pop when krono were 700-1k.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
What is this whole Mark of the Mighty and Buff of the Useless or whatever that mobs have now? Is that on all servers or just progression servers? My google-fu sucks

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
What is this whole Mark of the Mighty and Buff of the Useless or whatever that mobs have now? Is that on all servers or just progression servers? My google-fu sucks

When this last batch of TLPs launched (RF and LJ) shit was bananas. People were boxing a zillion accounts, character power was crazy, and everything was trivial because of it. Mitigation of the Mighty was added to each boss so they would be harder. It decreases the damage they take and there's also an increased health pool and I think increased damage. Basically every raid target is harder.

It didn't address the problem of people throwing six million pets at everything so they added Mark of the Old Ways. The more pets you put on something the less each pet deals. That still didn't get the job done so they made the change they should have made first and changed how pet aggro worked. Now the threat a pet generates is transfered to its owner so you can't use only pets versus raid bosses. The boss will just bee-line it to the casters and eat them.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
There is a really good map set out there for TLPs which includes the revamped zones and translocators.

Vanessa Vanessa you're going to want Freeport maps, the PoSky instance request mob is in Freeport =)

I'm new to TLP servers- is there ever any kind of wait on launch day to log in/servers too full etc.?