Tokyo Vice

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
, because you can't make a series about just White males any longer. Female Gaijin trying to make it in the most misogynistic culture in the world; Yakuza bro trying to make it against the odds, loves the Backstreet Boys; and Anglo male reporter tying them all together.

Ignoring the enforced DEI, though,

Dumbest post in this thread. When people complain about people unnecessarily complaining about woke tv this post will take second place. First place is still that moron who said The Wire is woke.

All tv shows have multiple protagonists and secondary/tertiary characters. This shouldn't need explaining

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Dumbest post in this thread. When people complain about people unnecessarily complaining about woke tv this post will take second place. First place is still that moron who said The Wire is woke.

All tv shows have multiple protagonists and secondary/tertiary characters. This shouldn't need explaining
I have you on ignore but for some reason it showed me your post, Dogfucker.

Have you even seen this to know what I am talking about? Let me explain the difference between "All shows have secondary/tertiary characters" and what we have here. Firstly, in the modern idiom, sure, many/most shows have multiple POV characters. As I stated though, MUCH LIKE THE WITCHER, this was adapted from a book written from a single point of view character's perspective (I know The Witcher later had other POV characters but its really Geralt's story, or later Geralt and Ciri's story. It was developed differently in order to make sure different demographic interests were served in the viewership (and frankly in the show running/producers but that's another tale).

It wasn't an accident that the POV characters added to the story were a white woman and an Asian male? I mean, I bet there was no consideration of Wokeist modern dogma when they were putting this together at all. CLEARLY.

IN SPITE OF THAT, (AND ALL THE PLOT POINTS THEY MANAGE TO TOUCH ON IN EP5&6), I still really like the show and complimented the story telling and acting. It's not "woke" so much is that its just no way we would get a story about another Gaijin man. "Woke" would be telling making the story revolve around an ideological message in such a way as the story suffered to deliver said message. There is a difference between enforced Diversity and Woke. This isn't you retreading some old argument about the Wire. This is about the way they added Female and POC POV characters to this story potentially unnecessarily. As it turns out, I think al three are well told but with Modern Hollywood (even though I think this was mostly filmed prior to COVID) the odds are not in their or our favor.

So if you think you are earning points by explaining how narrative works, there are any number of things that shouldn't need explaining that don't bear mentioning. Like that fact that hopefully ignore will work again and I won't see any pathetic response of yours to this. You can rest your head easy knowing that I know A)how narratives are put together; B) TV shows are constructed C) It doesn't make it any less obvious when they add things purely to bump the demo and earn diversity points in brain-dead Hollywood.

Now kindly fuck off.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I have you on ignore but for some reason it showed me your post, Dogfucker.

Have you even seen this to know what I am talking about? Let me explain the difference between "All shows have secondary/tertiary characters" and what we have here. Firstly, in the modern idiom, sure, many/most shows have multiple POV characters. As I stated though, MUCH LIKE THE WITCHER, this was adapted from a book written from a single point of view character's perspective (I know The Witcher later had other POV characters but its really Geralt's story, or later Geralt and Ciri's story. It was developed differently in order to make sure different demographic interests were served in the viewership (and frankly in the show running/producers but that's another tale).

It wasn't an accident that the POV characters added to the story were a white woman and an Asian male? I mean, I bet there was no consideration of Wokeist modern dogma when they were putting this together at all. CLEARLY.

IN SPITE OF THAT, (AND ALL THE PLOT POINTS THEY MANAGE TO TOUCH ON IN EP5&6), I still really like the show and complimented the story telling and acting. It's not "woke" so much is that its just no way we would get a story about another Gaijin man. "Woke" would be telling making the story revolve around an ideological message in such a way as the story suffered to deliver said message. There is a difference between enforced Diversity and Woke. This isn't you retreading some old argument about the Wire. This is about the way they added Female and POC POV characters to this story potentially unnecessarily. As it turns out, I think al three are well told but with Modern Hollywood (even though I think this was mostly filmed prior to COVID) the odds are not in their or our favor.

So if you think you are earning points by explaining how narrative works, there are any number of things that shouldn't need explaining that don't bear mentioning. Like that fact that hopefully ignore will work again and I won't see any pathetic response of yours to this. You can rest your head easy knowing that I know A)how narratives are put together; B) TV shows are constructed C) It doesn't make it any less obvious when they add things purely to bump the demo and earn diversity points in brain-dead Hollywood.

Now kindly fuck off.

LMAO the whole selling point of the book and the whole point of Japanese culture is that he's an outsider who somehow managed to land the job in a culture/society that is highly closed to outsiders. It would dilute the whole raison d'etre entirely if he was running round with a posse of Caucasian guys

LMAO why wouldn't the audience want or need a man on the inside in the yakuza, oh sure let's just add another whitey to do that - hey let's get Tom cruise to star as "the last yakuza" LMAO

Hey, how about a white detective.

You are genuinely clueless how story telling works

I've not read the book but Zapatta Zapatta Can chime on, are the white hostess girl and the yakuza character in the book or based on people in the book?

I would guess the yakuza might be based on multiple characters in the book

Edit

"series’ showrunner J.T. Rogers has explained that the supporting characters aren’t actually supposed to be entirely faithful representatives of real people that Jake encountered during his work.

Although there are similarities in a number of cases, the characters and certain details are essentially used to help propel the narrative forward, with characters altered and added in to service the writers’ needs."

God damnit your argument gets worse and worse the more I read it

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Holy shit the actual stupidity of complaining about a show set in Japan having non white characters, Christ. Or that the main character might have a romantic interest that needs character development and back story, LMAO

Am I meant to feel bad that you have me on ignore which is actually saving me having to endure your nonsense?

Last edited:

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
LMAO the whole selling point of the book and the whole point of Japanese culture is that he's an outsider who somehow managed to land the job in a culture/society that is highly closed to outsiders. It would dilute the whole raison d'etre entirely if he was running round with a posse of Caucasian guys

LMAO why wouldn't the audience want or need a man on the inside in the yakuza, oh sure let's just add another whitey to do that - hey let's get Tom cruise to star as "the last yakuza" LMAO

Hey, how about a white detective.

You are genuinely clueless how story telling works

I've not read the book but Zapatta Zapatta Can chime on, are the white hostess girl and the yakuza character in the book or based on people in the book?

I would guess the yakuza might be based on multiple characters in the book

Edit

"series’ showrunner J.T. Rogers has explained that the supporting characters aren’t actually supposed to be entirely faithful representatives of real people that Jake encountered during his work.

Although there are similarities in a number of cases, the characters and certain details are essentially used to help propel the narrative forward, with characters altered and added in to service the writers’ needs."

God damnit your argument gets worse and worse the more I read it

You are a retard. He obviously broke down the argument and you couldn't understand the King's English. Let me break it down more easily.

"It wasn't an accident that the POV characters added to the story were a white woman and an Asian man" . You said we didn't need any more whitey males. So...why do we need a whitey female? No reason but virtue points. Why add an Asian man when the story is about a cultural outsider? Did he grow up in a cave?

"This is about the way they added Female and POC POV characters to this story potentially unnecessarily" You even point out the story is about an outsider landing the job when he shouldn't have. AN OUTSIDER. ONE. That's the NARRATIVE, not the additions. Do you get it?

"It doesn't make it any less obvious when they add things purely to bump the demo and earn diversity points in brain-dead Hollywood." Again, he posted in simple English his points. That may be what Hollywood does but it doesn't make it less obvious or add to the original.....narrative. Maybe we just want the original story told since we read and enjoyed the book?

Your edit specifically talks about the showrunner and writer for the show changing things for their 'needs'. What 'needs' would they have to translate a good story? To add their own fluff to promote themselves over the author. If that isn't some woke need to pamper to certain groups and vindicate themselves, what is? As our resident narcissist, you should understand that need better than anyone.

I like that you also mention never reading the source product. It shows you are absolutely an authority on this topic. Maybe Zapatta can explain this better for you. Sorry rhinohelix rhinohelix that you had to deal with stupid immigrants that never learned proper English. The Empire has definitely fallen on hard times.

• 1Solidarity

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
?
This is about the way they added Female and POC POV characters to this story potentially unnecessarily"
" You even point out the story is about an outsider landing the job when he shouldn't have. AN OUTSIDER. ONE. That's the NARRATIVE, not the additions. Do you get it?

"

The irony of accusing me of not being able to read when you couldn't understand this

"All tv shows have multiple protagonists and secondary/tertiary characters. This shouldn't need explaining"

Wanting to whitewash a tv show set in Japan is as bad as adding black dwarves to Lord of the rings

"This is about the way they added Female and POC POV characters to this story potentially unnecessarily"

IT'S FUCKING SET IN JAPAN AND THE BOOK COVERS THE MURDER OF A WHITE HOSTESS GIRL, Jesus Christ you're bad

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
The irony of accusing me of not being able to read when you couldn't understand this

"All tv shows have multiple protagonists and secondary/tertiary characters. This shouldn't need explaining"

Wanting to whitewash a tv show set in Japan is as bad as adding black dwarves to Lord of the rings

"This is about the way they added Female and POC POV characters to this story potentially unnecessarily"

IT'S FUCKING SET IN JAPAN AND THE BOOK COVERS THE MURDER OF A WHITE HOSTESS GIRL, Jesus Christ you're bad

So....adding another WHITE HOSTESS GIRL does what? Let me guess. Push the original narrative?

Why not add a white detective girl since we need more whitey. Hey, let's just ask Scarlett Johansson to Last Yukuza this bitch, LMAO! It would dilute the story if the dead hostess had been running around with a posse of white hostesses LMAO!

You are generally clueless how narrative works in a story, and I love using your own idiotic arguments back at you.

• 1Solidarity

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
So....adding another WHITE HOSTESS GIRL does what? Let me guess. Push the original narrative?

Why not add a white detective girl since we need more whitey. Hey, let's just ask Scarlett Johansson to Last Yukuza this bitch, LMAO! It would dilute the story if the dead hostess had been running around with a posse of white hostesses LMAO!

You are generally clueless how narrative works in a story, and I love using your own idiotic arguments back at you.

Ramblings of a mad man / idiot

Yes, I'm the one who doesn't know how tv works when I'm not the one complaining that a tv show set in Japan has Japanese characters, or a tv show about a white man's experiences in Japan introduced a female love interest and gave that love interest a back story and character development

Moron fuck off

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Even though the series isn't in any way the book the hostess arc is there for a reason. Several big Japanese crime cases are tied directly to that world. Sad they went all woke and left out the Iranian street hawkers who bark for those clubs and the Nigerian doormen who bounce those places. The Yakuza pushes off the 'dirty' crimes onto foreign scumbags. If you are looking for hashish or meth in Tokyo those are the people you talk to, you don't even have to ask, they will offer.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Those Nigerians are annoying as fuck in Tokyo. I never encountered the Iranians, it was Nigerians doing everything. Had to push one off of me because he grabbed my arm trying to drag me into a club.

• 2Solidarity

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Would say as of now, this is the best show of this year from HBO.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Season finale aired today. Was a really good episode that obviously sets up a second season.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Haven't watched finale yet but this show did not live up to expectations or early promise

• 1Garbage

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Finale was ok, definitely a 7/10 show that is worth watching.

Not sure how I feel about the release schedule. One ep a week is annoying when there's cliffhangers or the show is exceptional. Every ep at once and binge consumption means all the episodes blur into one. I guess this was a good balance

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Season finale aired today. Was a really good episode that obviously sets up a second season.
It was a good episode but a terrible finale. It may be the worst season finale I have ever seen; it was like a mid-season episode. So little resolution. Almost every story thread was left hanging; probably true to the book but this is TV: Adapt it.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
only watched 2 episodes so far but really enjoying it, wish they focused more on japanese people than white whores but love all the yakuza stuff. Got me to start my next Yakuza game, Yakuza 4, and I'm super immersed in the whole vibe again. The culture is so weird and different, always feels like some chinese or russian gangsters could roll in and wipe them all out.

I still don't really get hostess clubs at all, why the fuck would any dude pay to just sit and chat with fake bitches, but its all fascinating. these guys are all trying to fuck hostesses meanwhile I'm playing barbie dressup in yakuza 4 to milk salarymen by making sure my stable of ho's has the vibe they want

there's a guy, russian I think? sasha vasiliev, who made a wild tokyo video in 2019 where he just goes around snorting cocaine off strippers asses, its pretty funny and hilarious. His instagram has a ton of uh interesting pics:

shitty mirror of his OG video not sure if there are better sources. NSFW obviously

• 1Worf

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
there's a guy, russian I think? sasha vasiliev, who made a wild tokyo video in 2019 where he just goes around snorting cocaine off strippers asses, its pretty funny and hilarious. His instagram has a ton of uh interesting pics:

Imagine linking a fag instagram for no reason, just spronk spronk things

Screenshot_20220430-021622.png

• 1Garbage

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Nothing was finalized in the finale. Why didnt they order 13 EPS and close off some arcs and open up new ones for an S2?

Also after watching all how the individual stories have progressed I really want to Yakuza to eventually chop up pretty much everyone into Shabu-shabu sized pieces but leave the Senior Detective to solve the case and the Reporter Lady to write the story about it all.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like