Tom Clancy's The Division

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
It seemed to be more aim bot than anything, like shooting without popping up would get me killed sometimes or laser beam pistols from 2 blocks out.

I'm just having to adjust my play style.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Here we go.

abrometa.jpg

Molten Core Raider
Jeez those numbers. I just started this yesterday and I think my primary dps is like 8000 (only level 16 so far). Pretty fun game so far though

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Online right now, gonna be grinding out to 30. Currently 26 if anyone around my level wants to play.

PSN: Verseia

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I bought this at release and only really started to play it the past couple of weeks (post patch 1.5). Anywho, if anyone HAS NOT tried this build you are doing yourself a disservice.
To gear up is pretty dang easy as well.

To hell with AlphaBridge/AR.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
So I bought this at release and only really started to play it the past couple of weeks (post patch 1.5). Anywho, if anyone HAS NOT tried this build you are doing yourself a disservice.

I've been running D3 for awhle now. Really fun and way more fun then alphabridge.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
I have a pretty sick D3 setup too but I still prefer AB. I solo all the challenge modes with AB I just switch between assault/snipers depending on the mission.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>

Can confirm. Matched with me + one other D3 set and 2 Alphabros last night for Lex and it was pretty amazing. 4PC D3 / Specialized Backpack / Reckless Chest are what I run with. Sub in Barrets if you have a good one.

Couple things missing from the video:
+Ballistic Shield Damage does work, you just don't get the effect by swapping them in and out. The +damage is snapshotted when you activate the shield.
Use the Combat Medic talent (Medkits heal your shield). Based on the tooltip, I thought that the talent only healed for 40% of the base heal, turns out, it heals for a flat 40% of the targets total HP, and the shield has a lot of HP.

Those 2, plus the tips to stack optimal range and get +ammo on chest and backpack were the little things that make the build really work.

I still prefer AB for soloing as well. More mobility and sustainability from all the Health on Kill I stack, and less worrying about positioning / getting flanked.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have a pretty sick D3 setup too but I still prefer AB. I solo all the challenge modes with AB I just switch between assault/snipers depending on the mission.
What happened to LMGs in 1.5 that people are talking about other weapon types now?

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
The biggest thing was probably the release of the FAMAS, when used with Alphabridge, overshadows almost all the other builds.

A couple other things:
Minor nerfs to the damage of the M60 and the Hungry Hog. Something small on the M60 (3% I think) and 13% on the Hog which used to naturally roll with slightly higher damage, erasing its advantage.
An increase of how long it took belt-fed LMGs to gain accuracy with sustained fire. It used to be like half a second but it increased to a full second or something. It might not seem like much but it was definitely noticeable. I quit using the M60 in favor of the Pakhan due to this, and stopped using LMGs when I got a FAMAS/AB setup.

Vorph

Ah, I missed FAMAS when 1.5 released and PS4 got screwed with the first week of vendor items. Haven't played since then anyway, but I guess I'll keep an eye on the vendor lists for whenever I do decide to play some more.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
All platforms had access to a really good vendor FAMAS the week 1.5 dropped for PS4. It's where I got mine. I think what we missed from the week before from the patch snafu was a blueprint or something. An MP5 I think?

Besides, you should still login every day or look for Reddit PSAs to get all those sweet weapon skins. I remember logging in on Xmas day to get got solid red one.

Crone

That tank build looks fun as hell! Also, I'm glad to see LMGs are making a come back? Or did, and now they are nerfed again? I need to research LMG builds.

Vorph

Ah, right, it was the MP5 BP that PS4 lost out on, and at the time I didn't really care about an SMG anyway. Missing the FAMAS was just a derp on my part, oh well.

Unless everything in 1.5 is a bullet sponge, it looked to me like it gave up an awful lot of TTK in exchange for never dying. I couldn't see myself using anything but AlphaBridge still if that's the case.

And LMGs were king shit by a mile in 1.4, but it sounds like those days are over.

Crone

Ah, right, it was the MP5 BP that PS4 lost out on, and at the time I didn't really care about an SMG anyway. Missing the FAMAS was just a derp on my part, oh well.

Unless everything in 1.5 is a bullet sponge, it looked to me like it gave up an awful lot of TTK in exchange for never dying. I couldn't see myself using anything but AlphaBridge still if that's the case.

And LMGs were king shit by a mile in 1.4, but it sounds like those days are over.
Aww, so I missed the LMG glory days. :(

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I wouldn't say they are bad, just overshadowed by AlphaBridge+FAMAS. I would be disappointed if they nerfed that interaction in 1.6, but not honestly surprised either.

Before I was enlightened on the ways of D3-FNS, I actually preferred LMG AlphaBridge with a Pakhan when running challenge missions because I valued having a little more sustained DPS vs. the burst from ARs. At least it felt like it worked a little better that way.

And the D3-FNS build doesn't give up any TTK when you get it built right. The damage multipliers from Reckless, Assault Shield, performance mods, pulse giving you back the ability to crit, reload speed and stability mean you get top-tier DPS and the ability to tank which is why Skill-up argues that it's borderline broken in his video.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Damn, I went from level 26 to 256 Gear Score in one day. I ball hard af son.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wouldn't say they are bad, just overshadowed by AlphaBridge+FAMAS. I would be disappointed if they nerfed that interaction in 1.6, but not honestly surprised either.

Before I was enlightened on the ways of D3-FNS, I actually preferred LMG AlphaBridge with a Pakhan when running challenge missions because I valued having a little more sustained DPS vs. the burst from ARs. At least it felt like it worked a little better that way.

And the D3-FNS build doesn't give up any TTK when you get it built right. The damage multipliers from Reckless, Assault Shield, performance mods, pulse giving you back the ability to crit, reload speed and stability mean you get top-tier DPS and the ability to tank which is why Skill-up argues that it's borderline broken in his video.

I agree with this 100%. I missed out on the FAMAS so I settled on the Pakhan 4pc AB as well and was running this with some success (I'm below average skill level at shooters in general, especially on consoles) so the tank build was right up my alley to compensate for my targeting ineptitude. Once you get extended range for your SMGs, it is a game changer as the video describes you have the effective range as most ARs. Also there is nothing more satisfying than face tanking a Cleaner boss at point blank chain head shotting (and critting) their face into paste in seconds.

Fuse

Silver Knight of the Realm
So I got this when it came out but never really played it because something else was eating my time (BDO I think). I had kind of forgotten about this one but this thread has me feeling hype. Is it possible to fuck up my guy, or can I just be a noob and fix it later? Is it easy to respec or whatever?

Vorph

Respec can be done whenever you want as long as the skill you're changing isn't on cooldown.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user