Tom Clancy's The Division

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
Buddy just mentioned free weekend, never played the game passed beta so think i'm going to give it a try this weekend since destiny is garbage atm.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Buddy just mentioned free weekend, never played the game passed beta so think i'm going to give it a try this weekend since destiny is garbage atm.

It's definitely fun with friends, I don't know about end game though.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
For end game there's a bit to do with a group.

Missions(dungeons), daily hard/challenge mode, up to 4 players. Legendary mode, three of them available once a week, they guarantee an exotic drop, up to 4 players.
High value target, dailies and weeklies, can be done in groups.
Incursions, harder than missions, up to 4 players.
Resistance, wave survival mode, 3 maps, up to 4 players.

Underground expansion, instanced missions with random layouts, additional penalties for better rewards, up to 4 players.
Survival expansion, like other "survival" stuff out there.

Dark zone open pvp, 4 player groups, rogue mode got revamped again.
Instanced 8v8 pvp conquest mode.
Instanced 4v4 pvp team death match mode just released.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
For end game there's a bit to do with a group.

Missions(dungeons), daily hard/challenge mode, up to 4 players. Legendary mode, three of them available once a week, they guarantee an exotic drop, up to 4 players.
High value target, dailies and weeklies, can be done in groups.
Incursions, harder than missions, up to 4 players.
Resistance, wave survival mode, 3 maps, up to 4 players.

Underground expansion, instanced missions with random layouts, additional penalties for better rewards, up to 4 players.
Survival expansion, like other "survival" stuff out there.

Dark zone open pvp, 4 player groups, rogue mode got revamped again.
Instanced 8v8 pvp conquest mode.
Instanced 4v4 pvp team death match mode just released.
What's the best way if you don't have a full 4? Matchmaking seems dead, at least for the lower Tiers? Maybe Tier 5 is busy?

I'm 280, but buddy is 202 gear score, and so was trying to do some duo content with him, but was getting killed pretty easy on even the "dungeons" like Russian Consulate.

Thanks.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Looks like they had adjusted the tiers, t5 use to be up to gs256, but now it's listed as gs256+ and I have noticed enemies taking more damage to take down. I would imagine everyone is running resistance these days and not much on missions. Missions are only good for phoenix farming these days (gs and exotic farming if running lexington), veterans really only need a lot of phoenix for gun talent respecs.

For lower levels best I can think of to quickly get set items, do the high value target missions, if you can run as a d3-fnc build which is a monster of a tank build and with the right attributes in place (increase armor damage, increased elite and named damage etc) and decent smg (ferocious, destructive) you can take down elites easier. You should be able to solo challenge and hvt's with fnc build.

You can farm phoenix in places like lexington, which gives 80 on challenge mode, it can take less than 10 mins to run, again the fnc build is a monster here. You can then use the phoenix to buy the individual pieces they have for sale or the gear set caches at base, which apparently now also have a chance to drop classified.

Farm the week long global event starting tomorrow, you can buy the event caches that will give you a good amount of gear sets and classified.

If you want, you can also farm resistance for it's cache using this method, do the resistance as world tier 1, the mobs will be level 30 gs0-164(or something like that) so the gear that drops in there will be the same as the world tier you're playing, but, the cache you get from beating the boss wave every 5 levels actually drops items that match your current gs and you can share those items. You don't usually get much in terms of gear sets as drops in there anyways, as long as you beat wave 10 your cache will be tier 2 which has a chance to drop exotics and classified too.

The new zone will spawn random event missions now for you to do, even while in the the resistance and awards you with a west piers cache when you complete them.

You can farm the named bosses around the map. (I would suggest this for some quick kills and names now always have a 1% chance to drop exotics, and 3% chance to drop classified). I don't remember the respawn times for them last I heard 4 hrs, but some people say to jump servers, not really sure how to do that other than maybe join another friends game or maybe changing the world tier.

FE14AC11A101C343E728D8284CEF54D10D0F987B

This is who I check out builds from

I still run an alpha build close to this in duo, and fnc for weaker groups

Vendor weekly listing The Division: Weekly Vendor Reset
Be sure to check out the purple mods that have % dmg to elites, they're useful in some builds, good to have a set of each stat around.

Hekotat

Played this on Fri/Sat still a really fun game for co-op, I probably won't buy it though unless it drops to 10.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Junun

Played it over the weekend, mainly just going through the story solo, up to level 19 and really enjoying the game so far, ended up buying it for $27 with all the expansions. Even if I stop after the story I feel i've got my money's worth.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
So today should be the new global event with the new gears sets to drop and my buddy and I will be getting all of them because we are retards.

The Division has really been the only game I would turn on at night because of decent gunplay and decent skill level to pull shit off.

Lexicon929 on ps4 if you want to do anything or get carried through some missions during this next week.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

Played it over the weekend, mainly just going through the story solo, up to level 19 and really enjoying the game so far, ended up buying it for $27 with all the expansions. Even if I stop after the story I feel i've got my money's worth.

It's absolutely worth 27 dollars, but I've already purchased it once and I won't buy it again for less than 10.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Junun

Finally hit 30 last night, really digging the game so far. Someone who's been around give me a TLDR of what to focus on at 30? I have about 130k credits, and all the materials i've saved leveling up. So far all i've done is one of the dailies.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
It's been a while, but I would try to get your gear score up to get into World Tier 5 where all the top-end loot drops. As soon as you qualify for a new tier, move on up and PUG along in the daily missions.

Once you get there, you can kind of do whatever you want for loot. I heard Underground is much improved. The best loot / hour is always going to be running with a good group, whether it's Underground, DZ, legendary missions, Resistance, or whatever.

In terms of builds, can't help you there. Most of the builds require rare versions of all pieces of a set.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Junun Junun someone wrote this guide up that summarizes everything very nicely.

HYPER Simplified PvE guide for the Division 1.8 • r/thedivision

I used to play on PS4 but don't really have the time to get back in. Although I believe people when they say the game is pretty balanced and fun now, there are multiple layers of RNG to get classified sets outside of whatever global event they are running which makes it next to impossible to complete a build.

It's so close, like all it needs is some sort of transmute crafting option like in D3.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
So I came back to this game since the update, there's a ton of stuff to do now, it's actually a bit overwhelming. Graphics seem to have been improved as well. It's been well over a year since I've touched this game, but it took me less than two days to get caught up (gear level over 280 I would say is considered "end-game").

A few things to note for anyone deciding to jump back in the game:

The world is divided into tiers now, the higher tiers drop better loot, so your first aim is to continually improve your gear until you can get to Tier 5 (the final tier, which I think requires a gear score of 256+). Loot drops like candy so this should not take too long, just run strikes and dailies.

Gear sets drops are plentiful, but there is actually a new tier of gear above just traditional gear sets.....it's called "Classified". It looks identical to gear sets (they are green), but there is a small icon on the gear picture itself, and it says "Classified Set" under the item itself. You should always keep all Classified drops since they are hard to come by. Classified sets give up to a 6-piece bonus, instead of the traditional 4-piece bonus.

The best "soloing" set is probably the D3-FNC. It makes you a tank. You will have your ballistic shield out, and you can use an SMG with it. The new zone (West Side Pier) is actually really challenging when alone...the mobs hit pretty hard, and this set will go a long way in allowing you to solo.

Speaking of the new zone.....there is a new mode which is basically Horde mode (called Resistance), with endless waves of enemies. Very challenging especially with a PUG. If people don't understand the nuances of the mode, you aren't going to get very far. Not only do you have to survive waves, but you have to spend the currency (SHD) on unlocks......what this means is if you are grouped with some newbie that keeps collecting SHD but not spending it on the right things (like group ammo, or opening certain doors), you are gonna get fucked and not able to progress. I would say for starters try to get to wave 10..... every 5 waves is a boss wave, and if you can clear wave 10 that will give you a Tier 2 cache which is a chance at better loot.

There is also a new PvP mode called Skirmish, which is basically just a 4v4 deathmatch. It's actually a really good way to get loot early on, because the fights are quick. The downside is the wait can take a while....when it first came out it was almost instantly matching, now it can a while. I haven't queued this for a bit so I don't know how it is now.

The Dark Zone seems to have expanded as well, but I never did much PvP, so I'm not sure how it's all changed except I noticed the zone is a lot bigger with newer, higher level areas towards the top of the map.

The best time to play is during the Global Events.....they appear to happen once every 2 months or so. A week ago they had the Strike event, which awarded special currency to be used at the Global Event merchant to trade in for high end caches. This by far is the most efficient way to get the best gear, from what I could see. I was chain running challenging/legendary strikes and getting a ton of credits. This is where like 90% of my Classified gear sets came from. Now that I'm gear level 284, there isn't much left for me as far as upgrades unless I get a super lucky drop, so it looks like I will have to wait until February until the next event.

Junun

I'm hovering around 275 on a couple builds. Optimizing is so damn expensive! I wish the cost of division tech wasnt so high so i could max out various pieces.

I got luck and go "the house" last night, so threw a D3-FNC build together and boy is that fun. I'm also really liking the nomad set(my normal build)

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
I love the survival mode but I am just terrible at it. I think I need to slow down, keep rushing. Does any one use time limits to plan out the run? I am thinking of trying to make up some sheet of "1. 0-20 minutes get food/insulation/parts" and then go from there.