Tom Clancy's The Division

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
You can't really fuck up anything in this game. I would say the only real thing you can do with consequence is accidentally re-calibrating something incorrectly, which is hard to do if you pay attention at all. You don't even have to worry so much about your gear until you're level 30, you can pretty much run around using whatever the fuck you want as long as it is level appropriate.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Anyone playing 1.6 and The Last Stand? Amazingly it was a really well done update.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
A little bit. I'm pretty terribad at PVP but it was still pretty fun. The amount of loot drops are pretty good, win or lose (more if you win of course).

Seem to be a few diverse builds now which I suppose is good.

I am kind of getting sick of farming more gear every time a patch comes out to try new builds though. They changed the stat weights so STA is nowhere near as good now, so even the set pieces I have I have to refarm to get the Firearms rolls that people are all leaning toward now. Also need to revamp my D3-FNS set to adjust for the skillpower changes so the shield isn't paper. I know it's all part of the genre, but still.

D3 has been scratching my loot/progression itch a lot better recently though.

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yep, I am a huge DZ/PVP player and I am addicted to the new PVP area/arena game play. Also a fan that they nerfed Alphabridge, running around getting knocked out by every player running it sucked after awhile. The one con that needs to get nerfed ASAP is SASG Shottys, 2-3 hits and dead with the insane stagger is annoying.

.....and to add the PS4 lag is really bad since the 1.6 patch.

Last edited:

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Last Stand cheese is gonna work till reset on Thursday I assume so if you guys want to max rank 40 and get a shit ton of loot now would be the time. Ha ha.

I actually run AB and Tac this patch, depending on what I'm doing. The AB nerf isn't that bad if you:

Run Bullfrog as primary.
Run all ELE gear and tons of skill haste
Run Vigorous chest
Booster with overheal and basically having pulse up always is pretty nasty.

Losing two talents to not have any mainstat talent costs with how good ELE and skillpower is this patch wasn't even a bad tradeoff imo.

Secret to Bullfrog is sacrificing some HP and roll stability on your backpack, since that doesn't affect Uncomplicated.

I'm hoping to get Urban MDR soon so I can try that, since it's supposedly the new AR hotness.

• 1Like

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Until they reset the glitch, the Last Stand is almost unplayable unless you like to solo the whole map. I played 3 games last night and everyone was a wank fest at the spawn point. Its to bad too, these poor kids will still suck at PVP at lvl 40 and the loot from Last Stand is quantity over quality. I am level 25 now, and I found maybe 3-4 items that I can use from all of the loot I have received.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Ya it's pretty much like all the other loot rewards very few diamonds in the rough. You can actually cheese that build while doing the landmarks, grinding tech and capturing the point multis but most the lames never do.

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone try Boost Mode on the their PS4 Pro w/ 4.50 patch for The Division? Maybe placebo for me, but when I tried it last night it seemed that my load times were worse.....

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Dunno how many are still playing, but the game has been getting some good updates.
Patch 1.8 dropped today with a lot of new free content.
Update 1.8: Resistance - Patch Notes • r/thedivision
Update 1.8: Resistance - Launch - What you need to know • r/thedivision

If you haven't kept up, new classified gear which are upgraded gear sets that include 5th and 6th piece bonuses. The sets are being batch released through a week long event every 2 months, they're going on to the 3rd event now, 4th event will probably be in feb, and then I think it will run rotating monthly.

New content area/hub on west side piers of the map.
New Resistance wave survive mode.
New Skirmish 4v4 pvp mode.
New dark zone rogue changes with rewards, toggle rogue status on.
Optimization station that upgrades your items to gs286

They are also running a free to play weekend dec 7th-10th with all expansions unlocked.
Be the first to experience Tom Clancy’s The Division!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Dunno how many are still playing, but the game has been getting some good updates.
Patch 1.8 dropped today with a lot of new free content.
Update 1.8: Resistance - Patch Notes • r/thedivision
Update 1.8: Resistance - Launch - What you need to know • r/thedivision

If you haven't kept up, new classified gear which are upgraded gear sets that include 5th and 6th piece bonuses. The sets are being batch released through a week long event every 2 months, they're going on to the 3rd event now, 4th event will probably be in feb, and then I think it will run rotating monthly.

New content area/hub on west side piers of the map.
New Resistance wave survive mode.
New Skirmish 4v4 pvp mode.
New dark zone rogue changes with rewards, toggle rogue status on.
Optimization station that upgrades your items to gs286

They are also running a free to play weekend dec 7th-10th with all expansions unlocked.
Be the first to experience Tom Clancy’s The Division!

Was just about to post something similar. With the disgust of Destiny 2 currently, this patch drop with all this content could be a way to come back to the game if you already own it. I need to check to see if they came out with a PS Pro patch.

Edit: Yep looks like they did a good job with a Checkerboard 4k upgrade after 1.6.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
"A new safe house will be available named Camp Clinton."
I laughed.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
New classified sets and possible builds, a map expansion, It's tempting but I feel like it would be like going back to an abusive girlfriend.

"Oh baby, this time it will be different."

• 1Worf

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Checked it out on PS4 to see what it looked like on my OLED... looks great. Ghost town. I saw no one online. Heh.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'm surprised they haven't shit out a Battlegrounds clone yet. The core shooting systems in this always felt pretty good and it would likely play extremely well as a full pvp battle royal type game.

They sorta tried a long time ago with that darkzone survival mode kinda? But even that was still way too focused on killing boring NPCs trying to gear up.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Well that and the hacks which ruined it. Nothing like winning a fight to have some 100% head shot + 100% speed boost come by and wipe out your whole crew with impunity. Never playing this shit stain again.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So, I logged into my uPlay account to take a look at this again, and my nickname is changed, and a massive amount of hours have been logged on the game since I last remember. I'm also like DZ rank 96, when I never PvPed before.

Umm, weird? Friends list is full too.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Free weekend started yesterday for the game if you want to check out the changes. I'm gonna try it out on my PS4 and see if it's worth picking up.

I always enjoyed it for a co-op game but stopped playing shortly after release.