Total Recall (1990)

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 3 Votes
Title: Total Recall (1990)

Tagline: They stole his mind, now he wants it back.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: Paul Verhoeven

Cast: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Rachel Ticotin, Sharon Stone, Ronny Cox, Michael Ironside, Marshall Bell, Mel Johnson Jr., Michael Champion, Roy Brocksmith, Ray Baker, Rosemary Dunsmore, David Knell, Alexia Robinson, Dean Norris, Mark Carlton, Debbie Lee Carrington, Lycia Naff, Robert Costanzo, Michael LaGuardia, Priscilla Allen, Ken Strausbaugh, Marc Alaimo, Michael Gregory, Ken Gildin, Mickey Jones, Parker Whitman, Ellen Gollas, Gloria Dorson, Erika Carlsson, Benny Corral, Bob Tzudiker, Erik Cord, Frank Kopyc, Chuck Sloan, Dave Nicolson, Paula McClure, Rebecca Ruth, Milt Tarver, Roger Cudney, Monica Steuer, Sasha Rionda, Linda Howell, Robert Picardo, Kamala Lopez, Morgan Lofting, Patti Attar, Bob Bergen, Joe Unger, Karlyn Michelson

Release: 1990-06-01

Runtime: 113

Plot: Construction worker Douglas Quaid discovers a memory chip in his brain during a virtual-reality trip. He also finds that his past has been invented to conceal a plot of planetary domination. Soon, he's off to Mars to find out who he is and who planted the chip.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Movie was not great. But gave us some great lines and a superhot 5000 in her prime Sharon Stone.

"Consider this a divorce".

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
This is one of those movies that most people seem to love, but that I just can't get into. I think Arnold was the wrong actor for it, and I just can't get past that to enjoy the rest of it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Movie was not great. But gave us some great lines and a superhot 5000 in her prime Sharon Stone.

"Consider this a divorce".
yea i mean

387eac1273ad10260efd21e914185b09.gif

woulda stayed in the matrix for that, over that brillopad he conjured up

oh wow, they even put sweat stains in the bra, wow 90s movies were highly detailed back then.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
This movie had great world building. I remember being blown away by their vision of the future, watching this at the time. The self driving cars, the video phones, the wall that was also a TV and nature background, the concrete cities, the giant movie screen sized X-ray machines that people walk through, the receptionist fingernails that changed color instantly.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Teen me always thought Total Recall was better than Terminator 2.

Cynical adult me recently rewatched Total Recall and realized how small the budget is vs Term 2 or modern blockbusters, and while I can't say TR is better anymore, I appreciate all that they were able to make with their budget.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
You have to remember. Film is SIGNIFICANTLY more detailed than digital.

35mm pictures in megapixel equiv in color detail clarity etc is like 87+ megapixels (depending on source commentary)from what I read online.. larger film formats would higher.

4k screens are only 8.5megapixels so DESPITE the digital age...films were higher resolution back then. They are catching up...the reason 4k screens are omfg good in a home...TVs in the 80's were sub 480p resolution.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Direct to DVD
  • 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You have to remember. Film is SIGNIFICANTLY more detailed than digital.

35mm pictures in megapixel equiv in color detail clarity etc is like 87+ megapixels (depending on source commentary)from what I read online.. larger film formats would higher.

4k screens are only 8.5megapixels so DESPITE the digital age...films were higher resolution back then. They are catching up...the reason 4k screens are omfg good in a home...TVs in the 80's were sub 480p resolution.
the simpsons nerd GIF

• 2Worf

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

Cynical adult me recently rewatched Total Recall and realized how small the budget is vs Term 2 or modern blockbusters, and while I can't say TR is better anymore, I appreciate all that they were able to make with their budget.

T2 is literally almost a perfect movie.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yea i mean

387eac1273ad10260efd21e914185b09.gif

woulda stayed in the matrix for that, over that brillopad he conjured up

oh wow, they even put sweat stains in the bra, wow 90s movies were highly detailed back then.
thats her workout bra. she just got done doing her sets.

Fadaar

That guy
Pretty sure that era Sharon Stone could make a baseball bat disappear and butt stuff is fair game

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Similar situation here, except Predator was the movie I always thought was better than T2. Now I recognize T2 as basically unparalleled for the era outside of Aliens.

Just rewatched Total Recall, then watched the 2014ish remake for the first time. I didn't hate the remake the way most people did, but it was kinda boring later on, and too long. The fact that he basically fought the evil wife for the entire movie (while the other goons were just insignificant background) made the battle seem a lot smaller than the original movie when he had an army of minions after him. Like no joke, after a while it felt like the evil wife was Cohagen's only soldier.

Is it true that the remake is closer to the story it's based on, at least?

• 2Like

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Total Recall and The Running Man are my favorite Arnold movies. Not going to argue with anyone that T2 is objectively better, but I'd rather watch those 2.

• 4Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I understand rating T2 as the superior film but I could watch Total Recall and The Running Man way more times than T2.

• 4Like

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
honorable schwarzenegger mentions: conan, the last action hero and predator.

• 2Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Predator at least has no weak points. Edward Furlong's acting and some forced humor did not age well in T2.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database