image_2022-07-05_214832823.png

j/k :)

• 1Like
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Came in to comment that Vernon Wells is taller than that, but the dude is only 5’ 10”.
The better point now is, that being the case, how tall is Arnold? It’s supposedly one of the best kept secrets in Hollywood
View attachment 420399
Shit, Wells looks like he’s slouching compared to Arnold who’s standing up straight. On the other hand, Wells could be wearing lifts in his boots.

That scene is analogous to the police shoot out from the first film. If anything, despite no casualties, its even better at showing how dominant the T-800 is at war. No fear, walks out into the open, unleashes hell and it’s opponents have no choice but to take cover. Now imagine waves of them coming at you and you really appreciate what Connor and the rest of humanity fought for.

Someone I know has met Arnold, had his picture taken with him and everything. Based on having seen that I'd put Arnold around 6' although he was over 70 by the time they took that picture. Certainly not a secret manlet but not hugely tall either.

If you want, you can find plenty of pictures of Schwarzenegger in his prime with George Bush Sr who is listed as 6'2 and appears to be slightly taller than him.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Someone I know has met Arnold, had his picture taken with him and everything. Based on having seen that I'd put Arnold around 6' although he was over 70 by the time they took that picture. Certainly not a secret manlet but not hugely tall either.

If you want, you can find plenty of pictures of Schwarzenegger in his prime with George Bush Sr who is listed as 6'2 and appears to be slightly taller than him.

Arnold likely wears shoe lifts. You can find his preference for lifted boots and other types of footwear all over the internet.

His ego is such that he's the type to always need an edge. Bodybuilding is that type of sport.

Based on his physique and knowing a lot about IFBB competitive bodybuilding, I would say he was 6'1 in his prime barefoot. Strenuous weight lifting (squats and other compound lifts) plus age knocked him down to 6'0.

There's just no way to develop the muscle bellies in a 6'2+ person in bodybuilding and be as competitive as he was. He has the proportion of a 6'0 which is the maximum height to truly be competitive. The longer your muscle bellies are, the less proportional you will be. Height is the enemy when talking aesthetics on stage.

I'll give you maybe he was 6'2 in his prime with sneakers on.

• 1Like

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
About 25 years back I was working in a store. Lou Ferrigno, wife and kid were in there for an hour or so.

I'm 6'3" but walking near Lou was like standing next to something like earthmoving machinery. He was that big, tall and so solid, just a massive dude.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Good thing you didn't ask Ferrigno for a picture. He took a hard stance against fans getting pictures and doesn't think it's respectful-- and was never afraid to say "No".

It became an industry thing where people would find him and try their luck then post their results on the bulletin boards and it developed a cult following of people checking to see how much of an asshole he was about it this time. People would post dissertations on why Ferrigno should start taking pictures with fans. Essays were written on how much of an ass he was.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 3 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
I can say with firsthand knowledge, that when Arnold ran for governor, at a rally I attended, before he came on stage, his aides put some kind of platform behind the podium.

most likely to make him look bigger on stage

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Arnold likely wears shoe lifts. You can find his preference for lifted boots and other types of footwear all over the internet.

His ego is such that he's the type to always need an edge. Bodybuilding is that type of sport.

Based on his physique and knowing a lot about IFBB competitive bodybuilding, I would say he was 6'1 in his prime barefoot. Strenuous weight lifting (squats and other compound lifts) plus age knocked him down to 6'0.

There's just no way to develop the muscle bellies in a 6'2+ person in bodybuilding and be as competitive as he was. He has the proportion of a 6'0 which is the maximum height to truly be competitive. The longer your muscle bellies are, the less proportional you will be. Height is the enemy when talking aesthetics on stage.

I'll give you maybe he was 6'2 in his prime with sneakers on.

I suppose I worded that badly, I was referring to Bush Sr as the taller of the two and he's 6'2. So your 6'1 sounds right on for Arnold in his prime. Bush had those forehead gains on him.

1657127435181.png

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I can say with firsthand knowledge, that when Arnold ran for governor, at a rally I attended, before he came on stage, his aides put some kind of platform behind the podium.

most likely to make him look bigger on stage
Say what you will about his politics, this pic of him as Govonator is badass.

image_2022-07-06_201051632.png

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
People would post dissertations on why Ferrigno should start taking pictures with fans.
I've never been but always wanted to check them out, but supposedly Ferrigno is at EVERY fandom convention that exists, from coast to coast and he sets up shop and charges for pics at them, taking cash straight from the fan and giving change with his own hands (i.e. no cashier/assistant) lol.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

This link is something interesting that I've posted before on here, for anyone who's a Final Fantasy 7 fan.

It's wild how much is similar between TR and FF7. I was looking for some of these similarities when I watched the movie again this week, noticed the bad guy's soldiers have similar uniforms to what Shinra's guards wear in FF7. The main character being an amnesiac super-soldier is definitely the hugest one though. I guess the alien pyramid could be loosely compared to the Temple of Ancients or the Forgotten City in FF7, as being a "destination point" with ancient alien tech.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Good thing you didn't ask Ferrigno for a picture. He took a hard stance against fans getting pictures and doesn't think it's respectful-- and was never afraid to say "No".

It became an industry thing where people would find him and try their luck then post their results on the bulletin boards and it developed a cult following of people checking to see how much of an asshole he was about it this time. People would post dissertations on why Ferrigno should start taking pictures with fans. Essays were written on how much of an ass he was.
i have seen/met quite a few celebs from hangin out in NYC spots. i never asked anyone for autographs or pics. i used to do handshakes, but even that started to feel too intrusive. so i just give a thumbs up to them and go about my day. after a while the "thrill" of bumping into a famous person wears off and it really doesnt matter. ive met famous people i never even acknowledged. i imagine Lou got tired of that fanboy shit after awhile.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
hard to believe you missed out all these years on the R rated version. i dont think i ever watched the TV version. did they even show the steam pipe through Bennet's chest?

Yeah, but I assume a lot of other things were edited out.

Also only saw the TV versions of Pulp Fiction and Predator for a long time as a kid. They completely removed The Gimp from the TV version of PF, and all of the swears were dubbed over. "Motherfucker" became "My Brother" etc. As a result I have completely different versions of a lot of PF's quotes in my head than what most people have.

Predator's TV version was surprisingly not edited much. Carl Weathers getting dismembered was somehow altered so that he still had his arms when the Predator closed in for the kill, and a few of the more risque lines weren't in.

I had Cinemax growing up, but didn't watch it much. Except for after 11:30 PM, which is how I found out what sex looked like.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Im sure the big physique is a turn of for many women, that being said its prob attractive for others. The whole "protector" thing they have engrained on their hind brains since the cave days. But lets be clear here, thes movies were not made for chicks. These were guy flicks all the way.

Don't know how true it is, but I've read that women are mainly attracted to big masculine muscle-physiques when they're ovulating. So for a few days once a month they're into that kind of look.

When they're not ovulating, they're more likely to be attracted to men with more slight builds, guys with long hair, etc.

So basically they're attracted to guys with feminine qualities, unless they're ovulating, in which case the more masculine the better. That...sort of makes sense from a caveman perspective.

I think men who are rugged-looking and have some muscles but not a lot tend to be attractive to women month-round. And as the incels will tell us, strong jawline is a huge thing apparently.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

I've been to Planet Hollywood in NYC and they have a wall of handprints there from different celebrities. My hand is the same exact size as Arnold's. I'm an extremely average-sized American male, 5'10'' 180 or so. So I was pretty shocked when Arnold's hand wasn't bigger than mine.

Know who's hand DID dwarf mine? Stallone. Fucking massive handprint.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Arnold gave out the trophies a few years back at a formula 1 race. Ham couldn't believe how short he was :emoji_laughing:

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I've been to Planet Hollywood in NYC and they have a wall of handprints there from different celebrities. My hand is the same exact size as Arnold's. I'm an extremely average-sized American male, 5'10'' 180 or so. So I was pretty shocked when Arnold's hand wasn't bigger than mine.

Know who's hand DID dwarf mine? Stallone. Fucking massive handprint.

Stallone's known to be swangin big thangs.

• 1Worf

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Arnold has lost at least 4 inches. Man with his frame and size and back issues lose so much height going into their 70s.

Hill Hogan was a legit 6’6 in 1983. I saw him about 6 months ago and after all his issues and aging he’s barely 6’1

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Arnold has lost at least 4 inches. Man with his frame and size and back issues lose so much height going into their 70s.

Hill Hogan was a legit 6’6 in 1983. I saw him about 6 months ago and after all his issues and aging he’s barely 6’1

Yeah the Hulkster was billed at 6'8'' at one point I believe. Look at him next to Scott Hall and Kevin Nash. Hall was 6'6'' and Nash was 6'10''. Hogan was about halfway between them.

30 back surgeries later and his spine is literally shorter, he's shrunken in comparison to his old self. It's pretty sad to see.

• 1Like