Total War: Warhammer

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sneeto

Golden Squire
I played one play through as Chaos, and it got boring after a while since you basically have 1-2 armies and just move around pillaging and raping. Is it much deeper with the other factions? I know they nerfed a lot of the economy stuff from previous total Wars.

Also this game makes me sad GW nuked Warhammer. Have about 5000pts of Chaos I spent years painting (and won painting awards for too) that is currently collecting dust. Fuck GW.

Chaos campaign was kind of the most boring for me too. I really like the beastmen though. Dwarves were also a lot of fun.

You should look into Age of Sigmar, especially if you have a badass 5k army of chaos. There are a lot of cool things on the horizon for chaos. I think Tzeench Arcanites will be coming in the future, which is like the Khorne Bloodbound but Tzeench themed.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I just finished beastmen legendary campaign. Was pretty easy since I auto resolved almost every battle and you can cheese their ambush stance. I think most of the difficulty in legendary doesn't apply in autoresolve, like the increased leadership. Also, with enough movement available you can attack an enemy army and back off if you don't get an ambush, then rinse and repeat until you get an ambush. I took out some insanely strong armies with T2 units this way. I've only played chaos a little but beastmen don't seem to have as much horde growth problem as chaos initially as you can spec your lord to get +9 horde growth by level 9.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Looks like whoever's running the Greek Total War Facebook page put up the video for the next DLC early. Link. EDIT: Okay, looks like they pulled the video, but the info's legit.

New lords and units for Empire and Vampire Counts, with the following breakdown:

Empire:
Legendary Lord: Volkmar the Grim
Lord: Arch-Lectors
Units: Flagellants, Knights of the Blazing Sun, Free Company Militia

Vampire Counts:
Legendary Lord: Helman Ghorst
Lord: Strigoi Ghoul Kings
Units: Corpse Cart, Mortis Engine

And each faction is getting nine Regiments of Renown, which are essentially reskinned versions of existing units with special bonuses, and which get hired like mercenaries in previous Total War games, rather than through the regular recruitment method.

Looks like Flagellants have maces rather than flails, which sucks, but other than that, not too bad.

Last edited:

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Trailer's been officially released.

The announcement also confirmed that the free content that's coming alongside the paid DLC is Vlad von Carstein.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Wood Elves coming in early December.

They're actually cranking out these races at a fairly respectable pace. The Brets are also supposed to be coming in February.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The DLC seems to have a lot of content, more so than Beastmen. Has a mini campaign too, but the main campaign seems a lot better than the Beastmen one, you have 2 starting positions with unique lords with their own unit restrictions, their own unique campaign map systems. The race itself seems to have a fair amount of varied units. Seems pretty great tbh, think I'll buy that one, I like Wood elves more than Beastmen and the DLC seems more fleshed out too.

And yeah Brets coming in february for free, they'll have a lot more shit than they currently do it seems, bunch of new units, 3lords and I wonder if they won't end up making their own mini campaign too.

• 1Like

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Yep, bumping again for a new faction. This time, Bretonnia is being added for free on the 28th.
It sounds like this may be the last of the main factions added to Game 1, which probably means that an announcement for Game 2 isn't too far off now; I'm guessing E3 at the latest.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Also comes with Isabella Von Carstein added for free to the VC in hers and Vlad's own faction.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
So I never did spend as much time as I wanted to on this game and with a nice new fancy computer I wanted to give it a shot. However when I launch it from steam it brings up the actual launcher and says it looks like my drivers are not up to date. When I click to start it closes the launcher and nothing happens. I'm running the most up to date drivers and my computer was built in the last 3 months. Any ideas?

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Guess I'm late to the party on this, but holy shit awesome game. The Grand Campaign is surprisingly deep in terms of Diplomacy and stuff like that. Its like Civilization but with badass siege battles and way better lore.

Currently doing a coop with a buddy where he is Bretonnia and I am Empire. Haven't had this much fun in a game in a long time.

I've never played any previous Total War Game. Guess I've been missing out.

• 1Like

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Yep, Warhammer 2 just got announced

The New World, with High Elves, Dark Elves, Lizardmen, and a hint towards Skaven.

Played Lizards in tabletop back in the day, so I'm definitely looking forward to this one.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Was expecting Skaven at the very end of the trailer, moving in the shadows or some shit, wasn't disapointed.

Anyway day one, really enjoyed the first, even bought some of the DLC when I usually don't buy DLC and thought they were worth it(the ones I bought, the other ones looked flimsy tbh and wouldn't have spent the money).

Also later this year so not much wait, I like that. Not that it's very surprising since they're just gonna reuse the same game but at least it's coming soonish. I'd expect september or so.

Also the steam page is up. It mentions a few things, there's a specific campaign for the 4 races, they each have "only" 2 legendary lords however they have different starting positions and I assume factions(similar to how they've been doing the additional legendary lords and DLC lords). The actual complete campaign with the old races will come after launch. Also mentions the Southlands which might point out to Tomb Kings being one of the first/the first DLC.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
. The actual complete campaign with the old races will come after launch. Also mentions the Southlands which might point out to Tomb Kings being one of the first/the first DLC.

Sign me up for Tomb Kings + all old races.

• 1Solidarity

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Well, the LL's are pretty damn easy to figure out. Tyrion is mentioned on Steam, Teclis is in the trailer; Kroq'gar in the trailer, Madzamundi on Steam (he could be the Slann in the trailer I suppose?); Malekith in the trailer and the second almost certainly has to be Morathi to balance CA's love of Mage/Warrior LL combos.

Skaven should be Thanquol as he is the Skaven posterboy and then I would say it is up between Queek (for the ol' warrior/mage combo) or possibly Skrolk since Pestilens is the main enemy of the Lizardmen.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Well, the LL's are pretty damn easy to figure out. Tyrion is mentioned on Steam, Teclis is in the trailer; Kroq'gar in the trailer, Madzamundi on Steam (he could be the Slann in the trailer I suppose?); Malekith in the trailer and the second almost certainly has to be Morathi to balance CA's love of Mage/Warrior LL combos.

Skaven should be Thanquol as he is the Skaven posterboy and then I would say it is up between Queek (for the ol' warrior/mage combo) or possibly Skrolk since Pestilens is the main enemy of the Lizardmen.

I will be sad if there's no Beastlord Rakarth or Shadowblade eventually.

I'm not sure how I feel about this being an entirely new game rather than DLC. I kinda wanted to play a Grand Campaign with every race represented.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, assuming that race 4 is Skaven (which is almost certainly is, but I'll admit the small possibility that the rat was a red herring), my bet would be on Skrolk. My personal bet is that the Skaven in Game 2 will basically just be Clan Pestilens, with the "main" Skaven faction based out of Skavenblight showing up as a lord DLC when they release the big combined map.

If that turns out to be the case, though, I'm not sure whether or not we'll see Thanquol held back to be the leader of that faction, or in with the initial release.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Is this only going to be new races playable, or will stuff you already have carry over?