Transformers: The Last Knight (2017)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Hot-Rod-Reveal-Transformers-51.jpg

TF5HotRodVehicle.jpg

#notmyHotrod

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Are ANY of these worth watching? I've seen the first but that's it.

I fucking hate the robot design. Wish they looked more like the 80s cartoon.
I personally think the third one was fine, it just contradicts the first 2 because why not.

I can't tell who that's supposed to be in the Nazi poster. Also, apparently they're retconning their own history of the Transformers on Earth. Also, based on some blurbs I just saw trying to figure out who's supposed to be in that poster, it sounds like they're going to ignore any of the awesome, already created Transformers mythology / lore and just make something totally different.... because that worked so well in movie 2.

I really want to like these but as someone who likes, y'know, Transformers, they sure are making it fucking hard. Hell I've watched FFVII: AC more than almost any other movie because of the sweet fighting but these still struggle because they can't even do that right half the time.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I watched all 4 previous movies (somehow I thought there were 5) the past couple days in preparation. Yeah, apparently I'm a masochist because that was a bit much all at once. Man, I remembered more about the first two than the last two by a long shot. Totally forgot TJ Miller was even in the last one. Marky Mark's daughter was so goddamn hot. Sad she won't be in this one from what I see.

One thing that was reinforced after watching them all like that is how much of a fucking badass Optimus is. That's one thing they got right. When he puts some effort into it, he wrecks bitches like he should. By far my favorite thing about these movies.

I have my ticket for XD or whatever that shit is and reclining seats at Cinemark tonight. Should be fun.

• 1Solidarity

Oldbased

> Than U
It'll be interesting to see how this movie stacks up. I have a ton of little transformers back from the 80s and have been, entertained, for the lack of a better word of the movies.

My Soundwave cassette transformer has seen better days.

Last edited:

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Let the hate flow through you..... Hilarious review. Not really familiar with this particular YouTuber, I know him but don't watch him very often, but he really despises this movie.

Oh yeah.. MAJOR Spoiler alert. He pretty well says everything but I think the storyline is obvious enough but again... SPOILERS!!!

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Just got home from seeing it. It was ok but not great. One of the weaker of the series I'd say. WAAAAAAAY too much forced humor. It missed about 95% of the time. Like, twin ghetto bots from #2 level of shitty.

Nowhere near enough Optimus Prime either. Or Megatron for that matter.

Little girl was as annoyingly precocious as I feared. Fortunately she was missing from a good chunk of the movie. She's cute though, and if she can avoid getting fat (looks like that will be tough for her) she might be good enough looking to get a few roles in the future.

Eh, the more I think about it, the more annoyed I get that it wasn't better. I mean, it was a fun enough watch overall because I knew exactly what I was getting into, particularly after watching all 4 the last couple days. But it always seems like just a few things different and they would be orders of magnitude better.

6/10 I guess, just because I expected this type of movie. I'd probably rate it lower if not for that.

Definite setup for another one.

Spoiler to complain about two things near the end, doesn't really give much away but still being safe.
Little girl tells Marky Mark, "Look, I brought all our friends!" Umm, no bitch, you didn't. I don't see any motherfucking Dinobots anywhere. You know, the ones that absolutely wrecked shit earlier in the movie? I bet they would have been useful right about now.

Also, one fucking gun turret is apparently pinning everyone down, yet you have a motherfucking 3-headed dragon composed of twelve fucking Transformer Knights of Badassery, and you can't figure out how to destroy that turret? Good thing the little fucking girl and her stupid as fuck robot sidekick had that shit, huh?

I know, I know. Tons of other plot holes, but those two really irked me.

Perhaps some of my annoyance is the teenage girl (black, but probably has more fucking privilege than I do) that sat next to me and had to "Oh!" and "No way!" and "Did you see that?" throughout the entire fucking movie.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Against all better judgement I went to see this and was mildly entertained... but the third act was just plain garbage. I've gotten accustomed to giant plotholes in Bayformer movies, but honestly this takes the cake. The whole final third of the movie is back to traditional 'tinfoil in a blender' cinematography that Bay developed for the first movie, only now with added retardation on behalf of all parties.

The only reason I wanted to see this was because of the references made to the original 1986 Transformers the Movie. There are indeed links to that epic tale, but in such a way that makes me want to kick Bay in the balls repeatedly. I would say there's a twist in the film, but honestly it felt more like a sigh than a twist.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I watched all 4 previous movies (somehow I thought there were 5) the past couple days in preparation. Yeah, apparently I'm a masochist because that was a bit much all at once.
I watched 3 and 4 in a two day catch up a few months ago. They gave me a migraine and put me in a bad mood for the next three days. I have no idea how you suffered all 4 in succession.

• 1Worf

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
saw this last night, pretty mixed feelings. probably my least favorite of the series. not nearly enough Optimus and he didn't have any bad ass lines. including the little brown girl was pointless and she her scenes were mostly awful except at the beginning when Marky Mark was insulting her. Tony Hale's character was a complete misfire, not sure what they were thinking there. not quite as much gratuitous robot on robot violence as I'd like to see. there was like no chemistry between Mark and the new chick either. plot holes galore, as expected, and the plot itself was all over the place. i usually don't mind the janky plot in these movies because it makes them sort of unpredictable unless most Hollywood trash but this one just felt off.on the upside, Anthony Hopkins and his robot were pretty great. was good to see John Torturro again too, his scenes were good. Steve Buschemi robot was cool. CGI, as always, was incredible.

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
It'll be interesting to see how this movie stacks up. I have a ton of little transformers back from the 80s and have been, entertained, for the lack of a better word of the movies.

My Soundwave cassette transformer has seen better days.
if you really want to get into big boy transformers get whats called the "master piece" series, these are basically super articulating 100$ transformers from G1

Mp13 soundwave

he even comes with a fucking lazer beak!

I only have a MP Optimus Prime, but mine is the American version, if you can get the jap import, cuz they use more metal, i still have to buy the fucking trailer

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Aww damn, my boy Starscream is pimpin' big time!

Yes, Starscream has always been the best Transformer. Grimlock is a close second.

61TRRIFXboL._SL1100_.jpg

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Aww damn, my boy Starscream is pimpin' big time!

Yes, Starscream has always been the best Transformer. Grimlock is a close second.

View attachment 147136
Starscream screwing over Unicron, my fav
200px-GhostMachine_Unicron_starscream_jumpers.jpg

I hate that there is another horrible bayformer being released, i was talkin to my nephew and i got a txt (which is the transform ringtone) and he's like "oh yea, i'm gonna see the new one soon"

and i ask "did you see the 1986 yet?"

he says nope...

Oldbased

> Than U
if you really want to get into big boy transformers get whats called the "master piece" series, these are basically super articulating 100$ transformers from G1

Mp13 soundwave

he even comes with a fucking lazer beak!

I only have a MP Optimus Prime, but mine is the American version, if you can get the jap import, cuz they use more metal, i still have to buy the fucking trailer
I had 2. I think I still have the razor cat we saw in the earlier movies. That box has been sitting in recluse city aka my closet I haven't opened in 4 years. I should probably try and sell some of that stuff, but ya looks like the Soundwave I have. Not sure what the mordern toy version is.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I have the normal plastic Starscream (new type based on the Bay movies) sitting on a shelf at my desk at work, and I swear to God it is so complicated that I can't fucking transform it without the instructions. And even then it takes like 15 fucking minutes if I remember correctly. I lost the instructions years ago so it has been forever stuck in robot mode :(

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Rewatching the second one its on HBO. God damn Megan Fox so damn hot. What the fuck happened to her. Shia was great in these. The comedy is fucking on point in this. A+ film

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users