Twisters (2024)

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Twisters (2024)

Genre: Action, Adventure

Director: Lee Isaac Chung

Cast: Daisy Edgar-Jones, Glen Powell, David Corenswet, Anthony Ramos, Brandon Perea, Daryl McCormack, Maura Tierney, Harry Hadden-Paton, Sasha Lane, Kiernan Shipka, Nik Dodani, Tunde Adebimpe, Katy O'Brian

Release: 2024-07-17

Plot: A sequel to the 1996 film about stormchasing scientists studying tornados.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The two best actors from the first died, so they just decided not to bring anyone back? Success, I tell ya!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
At least it'll please all those people who've been pleading for a Twister sequel to be made.

<cough> I'll see myself out.

• 1Worf

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
tfw GIF

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The first film was a massive box office success; I'm surprised it took them this long.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
My dad for some reason is compelled to watch Twister every time he sees it on TV. And he will text me that it's on every time. I get a lot of fucking texts, this thing is apparently perpetually broadcast.

This movie, however, will probably be shit. I do remember that a bunch of storm chasers did a big memorial via GPS for Bill Paxton when he died, which was nice.

IMG_7637.jpeg

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The first Twister blew out the theater's stereo when I went to it, so we got our tickets refunded. Good movie

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
On the bright side, this new film coming out could mean a 4K remaster of the old one and potential atmos track, making an already good sound mix even better. I did a rewatch last year and the 5.1 mix still hits hard.

Part of me is interested in how the storm chasing game has changed from the initial portrayal with all the tech advances since the mid 90's but I figure we'll end up with an insufferable Saints Row reboot gang.

I'm interested in the sequel if the CGI isn't a rush job and the audio kicks ass, then this can be a dumb popcorn demo disc.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database