Twitch.tv

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Is she not a native english speaker, or does she intentionally talk like a child?
Its intentional. Theyre purposely playing like cute innocent 8 year old girls while using varying degrees of sexualized avatars.

70nxml.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I was just going to ask why she sounds like a coked up 8 year old Korean girl... well, what I imagine a coked up 8 year old Korean girl sounds like. Let's just make that clear.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I was just going to ask why she sounds like a coked up 8 year old Korean girl... well, what I imagine a coked up 8 year old Korean girl sounds like. Let's just make that clear.
Most of the top Vtubers aren't even Asian anymore. Ironmouse is the biggest and she is Puerto Rican and Shylily is behind her and is white. I think all of the Hololive EN girls are all white.

It is why Twitter is trying to cancel all of them for appropriating Asian culture.

As much shit as the Vtuber girls get, and some of them deserve it, most of the time they are 1000% more entertaining than the hot tub thots. They aren't selling sexuality in the same way say Amouranth does. The stigma of Anime not being for closet freaks anymore is what really opened it up.

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just shows how many girls they have talked to in their lives when they think all those Vtubers are using voice changers.
Well I don't quite think that's what's being said either.

Come on im an expert on sexualized cartoons.

View attachment 460813
Higher pitched voices are considered cute in Japan, it's that simple. It's pretty much universal to the entire entertainment industry in Japan that women will pitch their voice an octave or two higher than what their normal speaking range would be. They do it on dates too. Find a vtuber who can fluently speak both Japanese and English and listen to a clip of them in both languages, a pitch that still sounds fairly normal in Japanese will sound significantly younger to you when spoken in unaccented English.

There's plenty of weird and/or cringeworthy shit in Japan when it comes to sexualizing underaged girls but the shit you're complaining about is just you seeing everything through the lens of the American culture war.

• 3Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Should not the vtuber be speaking Japanese then? Honest question, I don't know the entertainment market in Japan. Is it common for Japanese entertainers appealing primarily to an assumedly Japanese audience to be speaking English?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Should not the vtuber be speaking Japanese then? Honest question, I don't know the entertainment market in Japan. Is it common for Japanese entertainers appealing primarily to an assumedly Japanese audience to be speaking English?
My knowledge of vtubers goes no further than playing the Vampire Survivors clone based on Hololive. I would guess that they started adding English speakers to appeal to a broader market, but I assume the English speakers were all bi-lingual. Also it wouldn't shock me if there was some kind of government connection to Hololive's English expansion to try and get more people to learn it.

As far as Vtubers with no connection to Japan, well they're still emulating Japanese culture. If Vtubing is more than just a passing fad and actually sticks around I would expect the high pitched voices to become exclusive to Japan based streamers.

Chysamere

FF14 Free Company Master
<WoW Guild Officer>
My knowledge of vtubers goes no further than playing the Vampire Survivors clone based on Hololive. I would guess that they started adding English speakers to appeal to a broader market, but I assume the English speakers were all bi-lingual. Also it wouldn't shock me if there was some kind of government connection to Hololive's English expansion to try and get more people to learn it.

As far as Vtubers with no connection to Japan, well they're still emulating Japanese culture. If Vtubing is more than just a passing fad and actually sticks around I would expect the high pitched voices to become exclusive to Japan based streamers.

You are correct, it started with Kiryu Coco, a Hololive 4th Genner who happened to speak perfect English. She garnered a huge Western + Japanese fanbase and popularized English learning streams, games of telephone using English etc, and when Hololive realized there was enough demand for it, they released their first English Generation.

One of the original 5 English girls has high level Japanese, the rest studied it, and all have spent time in Japan or are in Japan now.

As to the pitch of their voice, I think most of them try to match their model. Western models tend to be bustier and more sexy and mature, Japanese models tend to go with the traditional anime aesthetic. There are exceptions both ways, of course.

There's also a split between the Jp based Hololive streamers and those that emulate them, and the more western based Vshojo. Veibae being so popular is a big influence on western Vtubers to switch to a more mature, sexy vibe for western audiences.

Kiryu Coco also "graduated" from Hololive (no one knows the real reason why but it's speculated because she was only earning 30% of the money coming to her) and joined Vshojo under the name Kson. Vshojo also picked up disgraced Hololive 3rd genner Rushia as well.

• 3Faggotry
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Snuffy is a western one that switched to her normal voice and found it worked better for her character. It really comes down to streamer preferences in a lot of cases I think. The only ones I’ve watched more than once are Nyanners and Ironmouse. Nyanners doing a play through of the original Conkers on N64 (not the censored shit on Xbox) was pretty funny. I forgot how amazing the writing in that game was

“Were your parents related? You know, before they got married?” Lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chysamere

FF14 Free Company Master
<WoW Guild Officer>
Snuffy is a western one that switched to her normal voice and found it worked better for her character. It really comes down to streamer preferences in a lot of cases I think. The only ones I’ve watched more than once are Nyanners and Ironmouse. Nyanners doing a play through of the original Conkers on N64 (not the censored shit on Xbox) was pretty funny. I forgot how amazing the writing in that game was

“Were your parents related? You know, before they got married?” Lol

Snuffy is an excellent example of a western Vtuber who chased the sexy/booba.

Old model:
1677539805549.png

New Model:
1677539839388.png

I find thirsting over Vtubers weird so I actually prefer the older model, I find it cuter.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Faggotry
  • 1Worf

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
The fucking little vampire teeth these dumb bitches add is the cringiest shit. Well, other than vtubing.

• 1Worf

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The fucking little vampire teeth these dumb bitches add is the cringiest shit. Well, other than vtubing.
Most of them are like animal based or like demons and shit. Like Ironmouse is Satan and Nyanners is a cat person.

Vtubers exploded with Covid. I am not sure you guys are realizing how mainstream it is now. Ironmouse is 2nd only to Amouranth on the female twitch side. And she isn't using sex or even being lewd to get her followers. She rarely speaks japanese but has sang Japanese songs.
Shylily is a newer Vtuber and she was considered the best of 2022 and even had a billboard in Times Square. She does like the busty revealing avatar though. I think the biggest rising star is Kobo, she is Indonesian and is gonna break 2 million followers in her first year.

The Japanese Vtubers are very corporate and controlled. Where the more independent Vtubers can basically play any game or collab with whoever, the groups like Hololive can not. It is also against company policy for Japanese Vtubers to show their face or talk about their real life past.

Oldbased

> Than U
My list was already very massive. Now I have to add Vtubes and their fucked up viewers to it as well?
Fuck this Earth. I am going to need another 400k Feds.

• 1Like