Vanessa's Tranny AMA Blog Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
With the recent steering of direction (cool direction, btw, ty guys) toward....

Speaking for myself, I was actually just confused about why you were putting homosexuality (which I'm assuming you don't want "cured") with actual definite diseases like schizophrenia or tourettes :/

As for the cure thing - if it's possible, I think it should be explored and made available, because if there was a reliable, relatively humane way of ridding an individuality of transexuality or homosexuality, I don't doubt a huge, huge number of people would want to take advantage of it. In fact I suspect this is part of why there's so much pushback against the idea from the gay/trans advocates - fear that the group they've adopted as their identity would become extinct as fewer people would choose to remain gay/trans were a choice available.

Of course it's a tricky area, because there's issues with situations like religious fundamentalists wanting to legislate morality by forcing the cure on everyone, which is fucked up. And that culture will of course have an influence on any attempts to develop and deploy a cure (see the persistence of "gay conversion" camps, despite their complete inability to actually produce results and the likelyhood that they're... less that beneficial... for the participants).

But on the flip side, I think right now we're falling too far on the other side of things, where "born this way" has become an unquestionable dogma, which is restricting both public discourse and scientific inquiry. Like you said, it's pretty obvious why gay/trans groups have latched onto it so hard, but they're going to have to ease their grip going forward.

On an individual level - I currently lean towards "consenting adults" as basically the answer to this, but if strong evidence came out that A) transexuality is a mental illness which B) can be treated through modalities other than transitioning, I would definitely shift my perspective. And it troubles me that any attempt to even look into that question is heavily stifled by ultra-progressive activism.

Vanessa, I'm curious if you've read A mum’s voyage through Transtopia: A tale of love and desistance or stories like it, and what your thoughts are? Accepting for the sake of debate that there are genuine "dudes with the brain of a chick" trannies, do you think it's possible that there are also people latching onto the transexual label as a result of a search for identity/acceptance, confusion, social peer pressure, maybe some mental health and body image issues, etc? People who could be counselled through it and come out the other end happy and functional without requiring transition?

Also, since you're the closest thing we have here to an x-men(x-transwoman?), I really feel we need your input on this critical debate - should individuals born with superpowers be registered and tracked by the government?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
Speaking for myself, I was actually just confused about why you were putting homosexuality (which I'm assuming you don't want "cured") with actual definite diseases like schizophrenia or tourettes :/

As for the cure thing - if it's possible, I think it should be explored and made available, because if there was a reliable, relatively humane way of ridding an individuality of transexuality or homosexuality, I don't doubt a huge, huge number of people would want to take advantage of it. In fact I suspect this is part of why there's so much pushback against the idea from the gay/trans advocates - fear that the group they've adopted as their identity would become extinct as fewer people would choose to remain gay/trans were a choice available.

Of course it's a tricky area, because there's issues with situations like religious fundamentalists wanting to legislate morality by forcing the cure on everyone, which is fucked up. And that culture will of course have an influence on any attempts to develop and deploy a cure (see the persistence of "gay conversion" camps, despite their complete inability to actually produce results and the likelyhood that they're... less that beneficial... for the participants).

But on the flip side, I think right now we're falling too far on the other side of things, where "born this way" has become an unquestionable dogma, which is restricting both public discourse and scientific inquiry. Like you said, it's pretty obvious why gay/trans groups have latched onto it so hard, but they're going to have to ease their grip going forward.

On an individual level - I currently lean towards "consenting adults" as basically the answer to this, but if strong evidence came out that A) transexuality is a mental illness which B) can be treated through modalities other than transitioning, I would definitely shift my perspective. And it troubles me that any attempt to even look into that question is heavily stifled by ultra-progressive activism.

Vanessa, I'm curious if you've read A mum’s voyage through Transtopia: A tale of love and desistance or stories like it, and what your thoughts are? Accepting for the sake of debate that there are genuine "dudes with the brain of a chick" trannies, do you think it's possible that there are also people latching onto the transexual label as a result of a search for identity/acceptance, confusion, social peer pressure, maybe some mental health and body image issues, etc? People who could be counselled through it and come out the other end happy and functional without requiring transition?

Also, since you're the closest thing we have here to an x-men(x-transwoman?), I really feel we need your input on this critical debate - should individuals born with superpowers be registered and tracked by the government?

Barring the X men faggotry, very good post. I would assume a good portion is rebellion/find a subculture rejects. I've also gotta assume a portion is legit and truly to the heart believes everything they feel. They might be also crazy but that does not change a legit belief they are the opposite sex and barring somehow injuring another human being I see no reason to stop the transition.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I would assume a good portion is rebellion/find a subculture rejects. I've also gotta assume a portion is legit and truly to the heart believes everything they feel.
let's not forget the portion who were sent to jail for writing fraudulent checks and were made into a woman against their will. are you ready to open up about your story yet?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
let's not forget the portion who were sent to jail for writing fraudulent checks and were made into a woman against their will. are you ready to open up about your story yet?

Oh buddy, that's a good try but I was a professional thief and a very good one at that. I wasn't kiting checks like a young Kegkillian bitch.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
They might be also crazy but that does not change a legit belief they are the opposite sex and barring somehow injuring another human being I see no reason to stop the transition.

I'm pretty tempted to fall towards that point of view, but I think there is a legitimate argument against it that calls for consideration and debate, which would be that it's enabling a kind of self harm.

Something like: If transexuality is perceived as a mental illness, akin to something like body dysmorphia, and if there is a viable treatment which doesn't consist of transitioning and doesn't come with the expenses and side effects of transitioning, and which produces outcomes equal to or superior to transitioning, then I think it could be argued that, at the least, trans people should be required to attempt that treatment before they attempt to transition, much in the same way we don't just sit back and say "sure, starve yourself if you identify as being a fat slob" to anorexic girls.

Of course that opens up a whole other can of worms about forced/withheld treatment and psychiatric care, but I think it's a dimension you have to consider. The problem is, of course, that right now it just isn't being considered on the level that it should be because it seems every side of the debate is ideologically or politically motivated.

Last edited:

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Oh buddy, that's a good try but I was a professional thief and a very good one at that. I wasn't kiting checks like a young Kegkillian bitch.
good thiefs don't get caught. now, I'm not saying you were a bad thief, but let's just settle on "not good".

• 1Worf

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

It has been asked many times: Why would perfectly normal individuals essentially volunteer themselves for hardship, ridicule, ostracism and both mental and physical suffering if there wasn't a DAMN good reason behind it?

We have a term for this condition. We call it marriage. Many, many, many of us ask ourselves this exact same question on a regular basis. :)

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>

I'm really warming up to you :p

Okay, so: edify me if need be because I thought schizophrenia and tourette's were mental disorders. Diseases? Please give me a Biology 101 on this... on the difference. I'm sorry if my ignorance caused confusion.

I agree with you, that a large portion of LGBT people would take advantage of a cure. I too saw X3 (shit movie, great plot/narrative). In layman's terms, there'd be waaay more Rogues wanting a life of normalcy than Storms that embrace their difference I think. We definitely agree on this.

I don't really read much, and no, I'm not proud of that fact. I skimmed and it seems it was a young teen thinking she was a boy but ending up throwing that all away to live a cis-gendered life of normalcy. Most certainly, yes, I feel there are disingenuous trannies out there. Keep in mind this is a hotbutton topic with the trans community, and I cannot lie and say I do not feel a slight tinge of guilt admitting there are very likely a large population of poseurs out there.

The largest and most controversial grouping of this is "primary" transsexuals and "secondary" transsexuals. Right out of the gate, as the designations suggest, primaries can feel they are the true transsexual definition and can look down on secondaries. The breakdown of the general classifications are:

Primaries: Transition young, look more classically "beautiful", identify as gay to start
Secondaries: Transition later in life, look more masculine, identify as straight to start

The doctor or psychologist that kinda lumped trannies into these two categories found that primaries are gay men who transition to fit in better, while secondaries practiced autogynephilia (sp?).

By majority of symptoms, I'm a secondary... so hay guys, I'm a fake tranny! Show's over; thread is done. /drops mic

• 1Cringe

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
good thiefs don't get caught. now, I'm not saying you were a bad thief, but let's just settle on "not good".

Oddly I got caught because my best friends brother made a mistake 3 years prior to my even becoming involved. The FBI had absolutely no idea what we did or how we did it, they got our names from a single mistake. That is why you don't become a criminal because 1 mistake, not even yours can eventually fuck you.

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>

Okay, so: edify me if need be because I thought schizophrenia and tourette's were mental disorders. Diseases? Please give me a Biology 101 on this... on the difference. I'm sorry if my ignorance caused confusion.

I agree with you, that a large portion of LGBT people would take advantage of a cure. I too saw X3 (shit movie, great plot/narrative). In layman's terms, there'd be waaay more Rogues wanting a life of normalcy than Storms that embrace their difference I think. We definitely agree on this.

I don't really read much, and no, I'm not proud of that fact. I skimmed and it seems it was a young teen thinking she was a boy but ending up throwing that all away to live a cis-gendered life of normalcy. Most certainly, yes, I feel there are disingenuous trannies out there. Keep in mind this is a hotbutton topic with the trans community, and I cannot lie and say I do not feel a slight tinge of guilt admitting there are very likely a large population of poseurs out there.

The largest and most controversial grouping of this is "primary" transsexuals and "secondary" transsexuals. Right out of the gate, as the designations suggest, primaries can feel they are the true transsexual definition and can look down on secondaries. The breakdow

The largest and most controversial grouping of this is "primary" transsexuals and "secondary" transsexuals. Right out of the gate, as the designations suggest, primaries can feel they are the true transsexual definition and can look down on secondaries. The breakdown of the general classifications are:

Primaries: Transition young, look more classically "beautiful", identify as gay to start
Secondaries: Transition later in life, look more masculine, identify as straight to start

The doctor or psychologist that kinda lumped trannies into these two categories found that primaries are gay men who transition to fit in better, while secondaries practiced autogynephilia (sp?).

By majority of symptoms, I'm a secondary... so hay guys, I'm a fake tranny! Show's over; thread is done. /drops mic

See I'd think you guy/gals would be more pissed at the fake ass bandwagon tranny hipsters. Cause honestly fuck them. You went and got your dick chopped for what you believe, I don't understand it, but I can accept it. I feel your community is small enough that subdivision is just defeating your cause.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Give it between 18 months and 3 years and you can quote me Morton McSnickers bitch.
@Amod we need some kind of reminder add on for predictions like this, so we can look back in 3 years and discuss(if we're still alive).

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Oddly I got caught because my best friends brother made a mistake 3 years prior to my even becoming involved. The FBI had absolutely no idea what we did or how we did it, they got our names from a single mistake. That is why you don't become a criminal because 1 mistake, not even yours can eventually fuck you.
the real mistake was thinking your autistic ass was smart enough to get away with whatever crackpot shit you were up to. so what was your role in the heist crew? were you the driver? the computer guy? the muscle? the chick that creates a distraction?

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
@Amod we need some kind of reminder add on for predictions like this, so we can look back in 3 years and discuss(if we're still alive).
134963927379.gif

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
the real mistake was thinking your autistic ass was smart enough to get away with whatever crackpot shit you were up to. so what was your role in the heist crew? were you the driver? the computer guy? the muscle? the chick that creates a distraction?

I was a face man, I memorized detailed scripts and executed them and was very good. I could play 5-8 different fictional characters a day because of my memory.

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
Se7en, you need to reign in the testosterone in the trannie thread.

This is Screenshots, if I remove even one part of the unholy trinity of nerd rage, trannies, and hoof shots then the whole thing crumbles to dust.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I was going to post more but my last sentence felt like a great place to hit [Post Reply] rofl.

So, to continue, there's probably a good number of individuals who are transitioning due to social / peer / societal shifts in what is rebellious rather than being legitimate, yes Ary. It's weird as shit to think that maybe being trans in 2017 is the equivalent of wearing a leather jacket in 1957... just on the other side of the rainbow so to speak _macho_/--\_flamboyant_ ...both rebels (crap analogy, I admit, but I tried haha). Unfortunately there is no clear litmus test so to speak on what constitutes legitimate GID and the above-mentioned poseurs.

Counselling? Maybe. You know that in most cases, a therapist, social worker, psychologist, etc. are an important stepping stone toward transition... there's informed consent but that's the minority of cases I believe. I think it's clear we're still ALL very new to this and there's a lot of learning on all sides toward viable treatment. Some of us can only find comfort in transition. Some can very likely be shown they're not really trans at all through the right therapy. Certainly, there were some posts by trannies on message boards where their pity, what they said, their lackadaisical approach to their looks and such totally tipped off this feeling in me like... you're filling a void... this is not your true self / identity. I really do hate to admit it but Jerle was a fit-the-bill example. That's my opinion anyway... I could be wrong.

So, should X-Men be tracked by the government? TRACKED AND FORCED TO BECOME FAGGOT RAPE PIRATES IN MADAGASCARIAN SEAS, BELIEVE IT.

• 2Like
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 2 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Instead of trying to cure it?!?! Rofl. Okay Poindexter; let's cure homosexuality while we're at it... why stop there, let's cure bipolar people, schizophrenics, assburgers (lol), tourettes, being jewish... etc etc etc.

Yes, curing delusions is what psychologists are supposed to do. Same with bipolar, schizophrenia, aspergers. and tourettes. Since the other two aren't mental disorders they aren't part of the discussion. I'm not saying you are bad or anything, just delusional, because you were born XY even though you think you are a woman. That's no different than any of the wide array of other delusions people have, some need treatment, and some don't. It's a question of whether you can function in society or not. The doctors who performed the surgeries and prescribed the estrogen are the only folks who did anything ethically questionable here.

Status
Not open for further replies.